Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    edited September 2023
    All this bidet talk... there was this picture where I would have to wear my reading glasses while on the pooper to understand all those buttons/features.

How about a bag of Dude Wipes for $4 instead?    Hahaha
    RTFM. You just have to deal with the four buttons (STOP, REAR, FRONT, DRYER) when you're in business, everything else can be preset and memorised before you start your business. Those buttons are BIG and in front so you don't need reading glasses nor twist your neck 110 degrees.

Edit: do you clean your dishes or your car with Dude Wipes  ;)
    Lmao.   I have a wife you doesn’t mind doing dishes-when I cook- and a car wash membership to wash the truck.    

So long as it’s not my $ I don’t care how you spend it.   Enjoy the bidet man!
    First off, RTFM sounded blunt, my bad, I meant (should have said) "I RTFM".

Lyao? laugh harder and the sh!t will come off too, don't even need Dude Wipes.

You're missing the point, it's not about who does the cleaning.

Respect to your wife for cleaning up after you. To each his own I guess - I insist on cleaning up my cooking mess, especially after those buffet style cooks. Don't have the heart to impose the chore on my wife just because she doesn't mind, and I know she doesn't mind because I have to fight to be the dish washer.

As for $ spent, it'll pay for itself in TP savings, and the cleanliness is priceless. 
    canuckland
  • poster said:
    Tis the season. 68" ordered up and heading my way

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Signed up for an iPhone 15 which comes in Friday. Also got an iWatch 8 45mm size for another 8 dollars a month. I plan to cancel Hulu to cover the monthly difference.
  • Canugghead
    Signed up for an iPhone 15 which comes in Friday. Also got an iWatch 8 45mm size for another 8 dollars a month. I plan to cancel Hulu to cover the monthly difference.
    Still no iBidet  ;)
    canuckland
  • Nope, don’t want my bum to get used to being pampered, the rest of the body will get jealous.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,200

Haha, I just recently seen those. At first I thought they were self driven, that would have been cool.
    I would be curious to try one. 
  • Canugghead
    @poster

😂 I thought that too, just after posting. 

Forgive me, as I forget now, but where are you located?
    @poster may have missed the bottom line, I've done that many times. I believe he's in northern ON.
    canuckland
  • @poster

@poster may have missed the bottom line, I've done that many times. I believe he's in northern ON.
    I use this forum on mobile only, so don’t see those lines. Yes, my long-winded posts are typed out with thumbs. 🙃 But thanks for the assist, @Canugghead
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    @poster

I use this forum on mobile only, so don’t see those lines. Yes, my long-winded posts are typed out with thumbs. 🙃 But thanks for the assist, @Canugghead
    Ya missed it. Northern Ontario is correct 
  • poster said:

Haha, I just recently seen those. At first I thought they were self driven, that would have been cool.

I did see some self driven zero turns but I did not stop and talk to anyone.  I bought my 72" Ferris zero turn for $10,500 in 2016 probably. The same mower in a 60" is $16k now. Pure craziness
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,599
    poster said:

I did see some self driven zero turns but I did not stop and talk to anyone.  I bought my 72" Ferris zero turn for $10,500 in 2016 probably. The same mower in a 60" is $16k now. Pure craziness
    And do they now have O2 sensors?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    poster said:

this last summer i saw someone using a remote controlled steam roller. i have to say i dont get it, give him a seat on it instead of walking infront backwards into traffic oblivious to where he is going.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton said:
    poster said:

And do they now have O2 sensors?
    Mine is 37hp EFI and I love it. Cold starts are a breeze 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• poster said:

this last summer i saw someone using a remote controlled steam roller. i have to say i dont get it, give him a seat on it instead of walking infront backwards into traffic oblivious to where he is going.
    Those make sense for ditch work or trenches. Remote controlled stump grinders have been around for a long time.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• They use them to compact asphalt in tight spaces that a real roller won’t fit into.
  • fishlessman
    They use them to compact asphalt in tight spaces that a real roller won’t fit into.

they were using it in an intersection of two main  rural highways. i big area where they just put in water gas and sewer. im not so sure standing in front walking backwards was a safety precaution..... ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    They use them to compact asphalt in tight spaces that a real roller won’t fit into.

they were using it in an intersection of two main  rural highways. i big area where they just put in water gas and sewer. im not so sure standing in front walking backwards was a safety precaution..... ;)
    Because you can vs. Because you should

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• They use them to compact asphalt in tight spaces that a real roller won’t fit into.

It’s quite possible the regular roller was too wide to fit in the pipe trench. 
  • fishlessman

It’s quite possible the regular roller was too wide to fit in the pipe trench

I'm going with let's see if the new toy can flatten two lanes wide for a mile and a half into a major intersection
    fukahwee maine

• Your own words “where they just put in water gas and sewer” I assume lines. I worked on road construction from 1979 to 2016.
  • fishlessman
    Actually the sewer and water went in, they filled and leveled the trenches. Put down a good layer of crushed stone, rolled it, then the hot top crew went in and finished it. A month later a new trench went in for the gas line. Then they patched it.
    fukahwee maine

• Pretty much what I expected. $&@‘ utilities. For state roads we didn’t permit that . They would have had to do a directional bore to cross under. One of my “other duties “ was to relocate utilities prior to construction. We would even kick in money on part of the relocation IF they cooperated and moved while the others were. Otherwise they were trespassing and their lines might have concrete pumped into them.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    Actually the sewer and water went in, they filled and leveled the trenches. Put down a good layer of crushed stone, rolled it, then the hot top crew went in and finished it. A month later a new trench went in for the gas line. Then they patched it.
    Same story for 40% of the roads on every single AFB I've been assigned to.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    We had our road cut up 4 times for 3 utilities.  Do that math.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    edited September 2023
    Botch said:
    Yep, the Federal government doesn’t hold itself to the same standards that it does when they give money to the states to build and repair roads. To cross a federally funded road any trenching was restricted to the initial construction of the road. Latter they would have to do a directional bore at least 3 feet deeper than the elevation of the road side ditches. Any pipes running parallel to the road had to be behind the sidewalk. You might be surprised at how many cities have no real idea where their water, sewer, natural gas lines run.
  • fishlessman
    Botch said:
    Yep, the Federal government doesn’t hold itself to the same standards that it does when they give money to the states to build and repair roads. To cross a federally funded road any trenching was restricted to the initial construction of the road. Latter they would have to do a directional bore at least 3 feet deeper than the elevation of the road side ditches. Any pipes running parallel to the road had to be behind the sidewalk. You might be surprised at how many cities have no real idea where their water, sewer, natural gas lines run.

i once watched a backhoe hoe in the historical section of one of the cities digging a trench. there was more concern about the old cobblestones being gently removed  than the water pipe underneath. the water pipe looked to be 20 inch or so, wood, with a clay liner. backhoe broke it. water pressure about 100 psi.  want to see ants fleeing a ditch as it filled in seconds. oops....have no idea how they fixed that.....
    fukahwee maine

• I love a good hoe story.
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    I love a good hoe story.
    Always preferable to a bad hoe story.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Kicking around buying an Ooni. Bored with cooking lately, need a new adventure.
  • FrostyEgg said:
    Kicking around buying an Ooni. Bored with cooking lately, need a new adventure.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike