Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @ColbyLang I use this party stacker. I don’t have any complaints. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Debating which size tub I need/want for my Sous vide. 12L or 16L. Then buying one!
    I use a 8qt pot for smaller cooks and a 26qt cooler for larger. A 2” hole saw makes a perfect hole for the anovas they sit right in perfect without anything holding them so you can close the lid.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @mEGG_My_Day - One he!! of a gift. (to have friends like that...).  You are correct in that they behave like any other short ribs regarding the cook behavior.  Now once you inhale them-a whole new ball-game!  Better to be lucky than good.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited December 2020
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    How much of a job is it cleaning one of those juicers? 

I don't know yet.  Hope i can just put all the parts in the dishwasher.

Breaks down easily.  I just ran everything through the dishwasher ....downloaded manual and said that was cool.  Reviews mentioned "easy to clean".   Just don't let the pulp dry out in the screen.  Turns out I'm missing the pulp container...but a gallon ziploc fits perfectly.  So I think I'm set, going to try later today.
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I needed a good base layer and am tired of wearing t-shirts as a base for duck hunting. I always thought Sitka was too expensive, but this was on sale for $20 off so I bought it. A buddy just bought about $600 worth of Sitka gear and loves it so that didn’t help my cause.

Anyhow, this is way better than my under armor stuff. 

I also bought some alpaca socks, those are the warmest socks I’ve ever had!
    My buddy just went full bananas on Sitka. Like $2,000. Got everything 25% off Field and Stream Black Friday sale. He absolutely loves it. I got a Browning Hells Canyon set a couple of seasons ago, otherwise I would have bought Sitka as well 
    Geez, $2k is crazy! But if he gets 8-10 years out of it, that could be worth it. Agreed, I'll pick up some more sitka stuff in a couple of years, maybe sooner. I've been eyeing the delta wader jacket, but I would like to get some breathable waders first. Either way it seems sitka gear lives up to the hype.

I have a buddy that has an in with some sitka reps. He loves the stuff. It is nice stuff but too rich for my blood. I’ve bought several new Banded things the last couple of years including their breathable waders. Love them. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options

I have a buddy that has an in with some sitka reps. He loves the stuff. It is nice stuff but too rich for my blood. I’ve bought several new Banded things the last couple of years including their breathable waders. Love them. 

Agreed, it is pricey, I just can't see paying $1,000 for the sitka waders. But I will be adding a few things over the next couple of years. I've been happy with my banded stuff too! I have the banded mid layer fleece that is my favorite jacket so far.

Any problems with leaks or tears with banded waders?? They look nice, but I've held off after seeing quite a few negative reviews on leaks. That may have been for the 1.0 version though.
    LBGE
    AL
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    2 fifths of a store barrel pick Eagle Rare Single Barrel. Bourbon before 9, yay
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Trying to upgrade the kid’s RAM, and running into dead ends. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Agreed, it is pricey, I just can't see paying $1,000 for the sitka waders. But I will be adding a few things over the next couple of years. I've been happy with my banded stuff too! I have the banded mid layer fleece that is my favorite jacket so far.

Any problems with leaks or tears with banded waders?? They look nice, but I've held off after seeing quite a few negative reviews on leaks. That may have been for the 1.0 version though.
    This is my third season with them and no issues with them. Even broke ice several times with them. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    For the sitka fans, if you know anyone in law enforcement they have a program that is 40% off. And at least once since I’ve been a member in October they had a family and friends sale when you were allowed to share your discount. Now not all sizes are always available but if you check often you can always find what you want. This is my first year with any of the stuff due to cost. I was Firstlite until this. For the price at the discount you can’t beat it. Tidegghead, saluki2007 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Moleman said:
    For the sitka fans, if you know anyone in law enforcement they have a program that is 40% off. And at least once since I’ve been a member in October they had a family and friends sale when you were allowed to share your discount. Now not all sizes are always available but if you check often you can always find what you want. This is my first year with any of the stuff due to cost. I was Firstlite until this. For the price at the discount you can’t beat it. Tidegghead, saluki2007 

FTFY
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Trying to upgrade the kid’s RAM, and running into dead ends. 

Better than burnt ends for you.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    2 fifths of a store barrel pick Eagle Rare Single Barrel. Bourbon before 9, yay
    @ColbyLang - you must know someone...great score right there!  
    I am queuing up at noon EST tomorrow to try and score a single barrel selection from one of Buffalo Trace's offerings.  Based on recent trends I will need a lot of luck to hit the jackpot.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Moleman said:
    That is how we buy our stuff. Hard to beat the price.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    Options
    Just received a box from SRF (Beef ribs and bavette steak) and decided to take advantage of the free shipping thru today on orders $79+.  They are out of anything but the heavy briskets ( and my supply locker for them is in great shape) so I ordered a couple of rib eye steaks as their gold grade flat iron is sold out.  Not taking delivery til mid January.  
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I just used the juice machine.  Took about 20 seconds to liquidate 5 grapefruit and 2 oranges.

Cleaning was incredibly easy.  Under 5 minutes.  Ran everything under the faucet.  Gave the screen a little bit of "finger rub/work" (pretty experienced in this arena). 

I'm pleased. 

The juicer is drying off and smoking a cig.
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Nice.  I made a kale smoothie with my Vitamix once. Of course all the pulp was still in it, so it had a nice texture of vomit. Didn't taste too bad tho.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Nice.  I made a kale smoothie with my Vitamix once. Of course all the pulp was still in it, so it had a nice texture of vomit. Didn't taste too bad tho.

I prefer using baby green spinach. Mix that with a dollop of Greek yogurt , some almond milk and mixed frozen berries and you’re set. Add 1/2 an avocado for creaminess if you want and all those good fats
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SonVolt
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My goto high protein smoothie is - 

2 scoops chocolate whey
    2 tbs dark cocoa powder
    2 tbs malted milk powder
    1 pack Splenda
    1 tbs psyllium husk powder
    2 tbs peanut butter
    12 oz whole milk
    107 grams of ice

It's about 600 calories and 80 grams of protein, but it tastes damn delicious.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Those stiff peaks made me gag a little. 

Like @ColtsFan says, Greek yoghurt can be a good addition to add both creaminess and protein in shakes. When making soups in the Vitamix, I regularly add cottage cheese for these same reasons. Works out great, and you’d never know it was there. 
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    Thanks Grate to let them know, I’m not too good on here but love all the information. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Moleman: The only difference between you and me is I’ve circled the block here a few more times. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I really feel as though you are dissing that Charlotte Brewery.  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SonVolt
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have no memory of going to that brewery so \I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I got that glass. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just went and got an iphone 12 pro max.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Bought that bean book that @nolaegghead posted for the wife.