Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:
    So much for leather.  Going down the road of vegan meat...
    The crazy part is that it costs the same or more to mimic real leather. I don't get it. I guess it makes a group of PETA members happy. 
    And you use oil (fossil fuels).

I knew a person once who swore up and down "vegan leather", was real leather.  She said it came from vegan cows!  I started to argue, then decided against it, and just nodded.
    How could you not start laughing. A vegan cow? Yeah, not worth the time. That's pretty damn funny though.
    Aren’t all cows vegan?  I’m not aware of any meat eating cows…
    No.  As babies they drink cow's milk.  They can choose to become vegan later in life, I suppose.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    vegan leather  is leather from texas

Tracking the Wild History of Leatherface

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    Right hand drive. 5 speed. 

Beautiful.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,554
    edited November 2022
    Options
    That would be an experience, shifting (and clutching) with the opposite limbs!  

EDIT:  Actually, I don't know; do British vehicles have the gas pedal under the left foot, or the right?  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:
    That would be an experience, shifting (and clutching) with the opposite limbs!  

EDIT:  Actually, I don't know; do British vehicles have the gas pedal under the left foot, or the right?  
    Can't imagine the peddles being backwards but never drove a right sided vehicle. Is that for real....makes zero sense😁

fukahwee maine

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,877
    Options
    Stick shift is on the left.  Gas is on the right, brake to the left, clutch further to the left.  I drove one in South Africa for 15 days.  A Corolla anyway.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Stick shift is on the left.  Gas is on the right, brake to the left, clutch further to the left.  I drove one in South Africa for 15 days.  A Corolla anyway.
    Figured that....going around a rotary in the Bahamas is just so wrong though going clockwise. Would never get used to that
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Figured that....going around a rotary in the Bahamas is just so wrong though going clockwise. Would never get used to that

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Exactly, except I did it at five mph. The front bumper of the African jeep I rented was the gas tank
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,054
    Options
    That was one and only request I had when going to Europe was that our rental car was in manual transmission. I've always wanted to drive a right hand drive manual transmission car. The shifting pattern is the same as here in the US. Except you're using you left hand and 1st and 2nd are now the furthest gears away. You would think it would take some time getting used to but it was really second nature if you come from a manual transmission vehicle. 

The car was easy. Going through my first tight two lane roundabout driving on the opposite side of the vehicle and road was pure chaos. That's something I won't forget. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That was one and only request I had when going to Europe was that our rental car was in manual transmission. I've always wanted to drive a right hand drive manual transmission car. The shifting pattern is the same as here in the US. Except you're using you left hand and 1st and 2nd are now the furthest gears away. You would think it would take some time getting used to but it was really second nature if you come from a manual transmission vehicle. 

The car was easy. Going through my first tight two lane roundabout driving on the opposite side of the vehicle and road was pure chaos. That's something I won't forget. 
    So much to work with here.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Does the rotories run clockwise like the Bahamas, that just messed me up. Seems like the movie European vaca ran in the same direction as ours.
    As an aside, the black hotel owner had me pull over to tell his friends he had a white driver. Good friends with nasty aka earnest flowers. Lots of late night back gammon and after I learned the crooked shade out front meant white guys in the bar I fixed that and ran the bar a week for seven years. I don't think he ever made so much money.  Biggest fore arms I ever seen, covered with stab wounds when the Britt's ran😁he took over the hotel and bar and it was by force.  He was a great guy though. Miss him, died a few years back. I could leave a 2500 dollar rod and reel outside and nobody would dare to touch it, that was twenty years ago

fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,577
    Options
    The key to opposite side of the road driving with a car set up in that fashion, is to always turn to position the driver toward the center of the road.  (Same concept here).  Spent a year is Australia and sorted that out right quick.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The key to opposite side of the road driving with a car set up in that fashion, is to always turn to position the driver toward the center of the road.  (Same concept here).  Spent a year is Australia and sorted that out right quick.  
    I like the rules in a boat. I don't care, I pull a hard right or hard left at 2.5 mph and f you don't figure it out....we have problems😁
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,223
    Options
    Actually happened….. After many delays and not knowing whether it would come to fruition, B-I-L got his GT3. Haven’t yet seen it in person, but he just shared these pics. 

Me thinks you forgot the pics.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Actually happened….. After many delays and not knowing whether it would come to fruition, B-I-L got his GT3. Haven’t yet seen it in person, but he just shared these pics. 

Me thinks you forgot the pics.
    I use this site exclusively on mobile. For some reason, I often can’t post pics in my original message. I have to post with the text only and then use the edit function to add pictures. Damn Vanilla!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Anyone else find it odd that a $400k car can't even get a working brake light?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• kl8ton
    Options

Mo money mo problems. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I thought he was turning left 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I would’ve gotten out of the car, walked up to the driver side window, tapped on it, signaled to roll it down, and then asked him if he had any Grey Poupon.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    I guess "Lucas the Prince of Darkness" can even effect RR's.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    He probably parks it on his lawn.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    Options

Also me: "sweet! A Bentley!"

Approaches said Bentley on the right hand side.

Me: "never mind it's just a Hyundai"
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    Options
    There is a Bentley owner a few miles down the road who parks their Bentley in their front yard. I'm not sure the house has a garage though. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations that is an amazing car.  A trie dream car.  Thanks for sharing.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    There is a Bentley owner a few miles down the road who parks their Bentley in their front yard. I'm not sure the house has a garage though. 

On my drive to pick up feed there is a small house that had a 2023 Orange Corvette in its driveway, easily worth more than the house. A month or so later it was replaced with a new jacked up chevy truck, I thought maybe he traded, then a Demon, maybe hes a salesman or something, just thought it was funny.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:

On my drive to pick up feed there is a small house that had a 2023 Orange Corvette in its driveway, easily worth more than the house. A month or so later it was replaced with a new jacked up chevy truck, I thought maybe he traded, then a Demon, maybe hes a salesman or something, just thought it was funny.
    Similar situation with the Bentley/house value. The girl who dives it is maybe twenty years old. It's a nice Bentley but it sits out in the yard when parked. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options