Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I knew I should have taken my Bentley tonight to Walmart. Maybe next time....

Was fit waiting for a bay to open at the tire center?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,054
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    I knew I should have taken my Bentley tonight to Walmart. Maybe next time....

Was fit waiting for a bay to open at the tire center?

Walmart might have swapped out the Bentley wheels for some late 90's VW Golf wheels when the owner wasn't looking. 

I always liked this wheel style on the late 90's early 2000 VW Golf and Jettas. Obviously not an exact match but that style does not work with the lines on a Bentley. Yuck. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I guess when you have Bentley money curb rash just means new wheels and an after thought. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,577
    Options
    @WeberWho - I try to reflect on what "Bentley money" would mean to me and cannot fathom.  
    I just need to scale down my equivalents to perhaps running a low end nissan, toyota or honda on the curb.  
    BTW- no chance I would ever park that car in a crowded lot-I would be in the wilderness and walk.  But then again, no concept of Bentley $$ here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,554
    edited November 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - I try to reflect on what "Bentley money" would mean to me and cannot fathom.  
    I just need to scale down my equivalents to perhaps running a low end nissan, toyota or honda on the curb. 
    I've been drooling over the new Audi e-vehicles, such sharp styling.  BUT, they've also gone to a total touch-screen dash; this would be fine if cars had 100% reliable self-driving/lane-keep, but they don't!  
    My last vehicle may end up being some kind of Mazda SUV.  Their engineers are very cognizant of the value of having tactile-only feedback ("the Volume knob is right about... yeah, here it is") without the driver taking her/his eyes off the road; I've already experienced this way too many times in my 2018.  I want physical buttons/knobs!  
    And I'm sorry, Cap'n, I kinda changed the subject here.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I guess when you have Bentley money curb rash just means new wheels and an after thought. 

Looks like swinging passenger door open could be a problem.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    Looks like swinging passenger door open could be a problem.
    You're right. The passenger stayed in the car while the driver went in. 

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Quite a ride for a grocery run right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2022
    Options
    GlennM said:
    Fresh Market parking lot Naples Fl
    We have a local realtor that has one of those in white. Only time I see him in it is when he drops off his bratty little twerp kid at school in the line in front of me.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Notice the rear end sticking into the adjacent parking space. Guy or gal can’t even drive/park!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Likely didn't want to hit the parking curb?? I definitely DK or care.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    No pics so it didn't happen but driving solo (see above about pics) I did follow a Rivian off the Interstate until the car turned into a sub-divison.  I missed the visual wow factor with the truck.  And given what I have learned since (thanks Google)  the wow factor will not be present.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,554
    Options
    Just seen on the 'net.  The way they built cars in those days, the roof may have been able to support a fifth wheel, dunno...

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• lousubcap
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - lights out!  You behind the wheel?  As I was driving home from son and DIL's home around a hour ago I thought about you and your drive in the Ferrari...good karma??
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @lousubcap

Synchronicity. Neighbour very kindly gave me a call and asked if I wanted to take it for a spin before putting it away for the winter. It’s got an issue with the transmission and the gearbox acts up after the engine warms up, about 10 minutes into any trip. The car is taking a long trip to Montreal by flatbed before being repaired there and stored for the season. I have a feeling the fix won’t be cheap. 

Ride was beautifully stiff. Nimble and held corners incredibly well even at high speeds. Acceleration that could get you into trouble very quickly if you were overly spirited and coming up on any traffic (0-60 in 2.9; quarter mile in 10.9). The car had just received brand new rubber on all four corners. The sound of the engine whining was a treat. The interior felt firm, comfortable and exuded quality. 

Can I give you a call for tonight’s lotto numbers?
    730 hp v-12 … ho lee chit
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

It’s no slouch. The Road and Track article I linked, while from late 2013, calls it “the quickest RWD production car ever”.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    A sighting but no pics (driving solo) so it didn't really happen but it led to the following question:
    What is vegan leather?
    It was a Rivian truck and when I checked out the specs, yep, "vegan leather."
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    I think that’s just another word for pleather. 
    Snellville, GA

• WeberWho
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    A sighting but no pics (driving solo) so it didn't really happen but it led to the following question:
    What is vegan leather?
    It was a Rivian truck and when I checked out the specs, yep, "vegan leather."
    https://youtu.be/h_K1hyQW42E

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @WeberWho - I figured someone would provide the link.  Thanks...I guess.  
    (Edit) Below is "old school" and still current based on the definition of leather that I am familiar with:
    "What is leather made from?
    Image result for what is the definition of leather
    Although leather is often made of cows' skin, it can also be made from the skin of pigs, goats, sheep, dogs, and cats as well as crocodiles, ostriches, and other “exotic” animals."
    So much for leather.  Going down the road of vegan meat...
  • WeberWho
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The crazy part is that it costs the same or more to mimic real leather. I don't get it. I guess it makes a group of PETA members happy. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,223
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:
    The crazy part is that it costs the same or more to mimic real leather. I don't get it. I guess it makes a group of PETA members happy. 
    And you use oil (fossil fuels).

I knew a person once who swore up and down "vegan leather", was real leather.  She said it came from vegan cows!  I started to argue, then decided against it, and just nodded.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:

I knew a person once who swore up and down "vegan leather", was real leather.  She said it came from vegan cows!  I started to argue, then decided against it, and just nodded.
    How could you not start laughing. A vegan cow? Yeah, not worth the time. That's pretty damn funny though.

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:

How could you not start laughing. A vegan cow? Yeah, not worth the time. That's pretty damn funny though.
    Aren’t all cows vegan?  I’m not aware of any meat eating cows…
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:

Aren’t all cows vegan?  I’m not aware of any meat eating cows…
    The lady was arguing that it was a vegan cow. While technically the cow doesn't eat meat, the cow would still need to provide a "vegan" cowhide. I'm not aware of any "vegans" who refer to cows as "vegan cows". It's still an animal from start to end.  

This reminds me of my signature line here on the forum.  

Minnesota