Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Can't wait to see the Netflix and Chill Concept Coupe
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Can't wait to see the Netflix and Chill Concept Coupe
    It won't be received well unless it's designed for a complete hose-down inside and out.

How to bed a guy when they don39t know what Netflix and Chill means  Metro  News

WeberWho said:
    I'm not all that knowledgeable with Mercedes but I think it's a Mercedes AMG GT. 

My dream car 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,940
    edited January 2022
    Apple Eve sports car concept is stunning will never happen

At first quick glance I thought the bottom of the door panel was a MagSafe connector.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2 said:
    Apple Eve sports car concept is stunning will never happen

At first quick glance I thought the bottom of the door panel was a MagSafe connector.
    Pretty sure we can count on each new model requiring a different shaped plug for recharging.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,199
    WeberWho said:
    I'm not all that knowledgeable with Mercedes but I think it's a Mercedes AMG GT. 

My dream car 

I've seen a few videos on the AMG GT Black Series but never gave it much thought. Absolutely stunning in person. It gave me a whole new appreciation of the car. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

My dream car 

I've seen a few videos on the AMG GT Black Series but never gave it much thought. Absolutely stunning in person. It gave me a whole new appreciation of the car. 
    If money was of no concern I'd still take an AMG GT Black Series over ANY other super car on the planet short of maybe a Mclaren P1

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,946
    edited January 2022
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

My dream car 

If money was of no concern I'd still take an AMG GT Black Series over ANY other super car on the planet short of maybe a Mclaren P1
    Any Koenigsegg, McLaren P1 or 720s, Porsche 918,  Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Ferrari 488 Pista Spyder, Ferrari SF90 Stadale, Aston Martin Vulcan, Lambo Centenario, then maybe an AMG GT.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

My dream car 

They are not very expensive compared to the supercars out there.  Start around 90k.  I don't know if I would put them in the supercar category, they're more a luxury coup sportscar.  And they're really heavy.   My brother is a Mercedes mechanic and these cars cost a small fortune to maintain after the factory warranty.

WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

My dream car 

They are not very expensive compared to the supercars out there.  Start around 90k.  I don't know if I would put them in the supercar category, they're more a luxury coup sportscar.  And they're really heavy.   My brother is a Mercedes mechanic and these cars cost a small fortune to maintain after the factory warranty.

Again, speaking as if money is no concern. I wouldn't care, I just find that car sexy as hell, if I can afford a $325k black series I don't care about maintenance costs. As to whether it's a super car, I'd say so. The Black Series has comparable specs to a lot of other super cars. yes the weight probably does restrict it from super car status in the traditional sense to some folks that feel that < 2sec 0-60 that so many super cars strive for these days is vital, but if Lewis Hamilton sings their praises I'd say we good

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    EVs allow the affluent areas to export their pollution and poison to lower income areas.

They don't suffer the negative impacts of pollution because all the pollution used to create go-juice for their environmentally friendly cars is moved to power plants which are predominantly located in lower income locales.
    Sweeping generalisation (I can see 3 power stations from my house).
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:
    EVs allow the affluent areas to export their pollution and poison to lower income areas.

They don't suffer the negative impacts of pollution because all the pollution used to create go-juice for their environmentally friendly cars is moved to power plants which are predominantly located in lower income locales.
    Sorry to tell you this ......

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,162
    Eoin said:

closest power plant to me is a giant trash burning plant, the ash pile sits on the side of a major river in the area. they grow green grass on top. they put a ten year membrane under it to keep the heavy metals out of the river.... that was 30 years ago......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,386
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

My dream car 

Any Koenigsegg, McLaren P1 or 720s, Porsche 918,  Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Ferrari 488 Pista Spyder, Ferrari SF90 Stadale, Aston Martin Vulcan, Lambo Centenario, then maybe an AMG GT.
    @Ozzie_Isaac - those makes/models roll off your vocabulary with ease.  Must be nice to even think in that orbit!  Don't drive slowly in the left lane (UK excepted).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,581
    We'll using the pollution link posted my VW ID4 is responsible for 180 mg per mile of CO2in my area. The US average grid , if used, would be 170 and the rate used for the average gas burning car would be 410. So considerably less than half. Add to that our utility is adding solar panel fields and it only gets better.
  • WeberWho

Hard to beat a manual GT3
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    We'll using the pollution link posted my VW ID4 is responsible for 180 mg per mile of CO2in my area. The US average grid , if used, would be 170 and the rate used for the average gas burning car would be 410. So considerably less than half. Add to that our utility is adding solar panel fields and it only gets better.
    Critics always ignore the fact that the EV gets better as renewable % generation increases. Buy an EV now and in 10 years it will have even lower emissions, not the case for the petrol / diesel car where the pollution is baked in.
  • WeberWho said:

My brother-in-law takes possession of a GT3 he has on order within the coming months. He relayed that it had already appreciated quite a bit since his deposit. 

He has a few other fun cars on order, but doesn’t yet know if they’ll come through. 
  • Eoin said:
    Critics always ignore the fact that the EV gets better as renewable % generation increases. Buy an EV now and in 10 years it will have even lower emissions, not the case for the petrol / diesel car where the pollution is baked in.
    Absolutely and I want to be clear that I'm a big fan of EVs, and not a critic.  But I also believe in understanding exactly what you're doing when you plug your EV into the wall and your power comes from the area coal plant.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,581
    Eoin said:
    Actually as the catalytic converters age they loses efficiency  and rings get worn so petroleum powered vehicles pollute more as they age.
    Now if the only nuclear powered plant in my state kept the electricity for home use rather than selling it across state lines, my EV would pollute even less.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

My brother-in-law takes possession of a GT3 he has on order within the coming months. He relayed that it had already appreciated quite a bit since his deposit. 

He has a few other fun cars on order, but doesn’t yet know if they’ll come through. 
    GT3 is my true dream car.  Only one on my list that is almost attainable, and perfection all the way around.  You BiL has great taste.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

Did he go manual? 

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,386
    @GrateEggspectations - I'm at a loss for why your Bil's other fun cars on order may not come thru.  At some point they will be built...  Remember, I'm old and slow so that may be a contributor to me failing the "Mr Obvious" here.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Eoin said:
    Absolutely and I want to be clear that I'm a big fan of EVs, and not a critic.  But I also believe in understanding exactly what you're doing when you plug your EV into the wall and your power comes from the area coal plant.  
    My power comes from Wind generation. Yours can too, but don't expect that initial rate to hold..

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Kayak said:
    Eoin said:
    My power comes from Wind generation. Yours can too, but don't expect that initial rate to hold..
    I am a bit confused as to why I am being debated on a point I have made myself, in this very same thread.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2022
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - I'm at a loss for why your Bil's other fun cars on order may not come thru.  At some point they will be built...  Remember, I'm old and slow so that may be a contributor to me failing the "Mr Obvious" here.   B)
    Limited availability.  Just because you have the scratch doesn't mean you can actually buy it.  You need to develop relationships with dealers.  Crazy.  It is like watches.  Buying a Rolex or Vacheron Constantine at MSRP is very hard right now.  All grey market, and usually about double MSRP, even for units currently in production, unless you have an in with a dealer.

Being rich isn't enough now, barrier to entry is higher than just buying it.

• @WeberWho

@lousubcap

Haven’t had the opportunity to ask on either front, as he’s been away, but I wondered if the uncertainty about the cars were because of production delays. I sure hope he went manual on the GT3! 
  • WeberWho
    @WeberWho

@lousubcap

Haven’t had the opportunity to ask on either front, as he’s been away, but I wondered if the uncertainty about the cars were because of production delays. I sure hope he went manual on the GT3! 

I know Porsche went away with the manual in the GT3 for a few years and Porsche fanatics went crazy. It's the absolute perfect car for a manual transmission. Plus the value they hold when in manual transmission. Fingers crossed!

Minnesota
  • Either you can't afford it, or you can afford it and can't find one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.