Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    Finally got the plates sorted.  

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Keeping the Saab instead of the BMW?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,430
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    First one I've spotted in the Wild

Wife’s is slated to be built week of 12/6. Getting excited. Might sell it like the one I saw on Mecum auction the other night. Seller turned down $87,000
    Local stealer had one for 70k and it was gone in two days. I’ll never trade with those vultures!
    Allegedly, they can only market adjust once customer refuses delivery of order. As in, it took over a year we bought something else…..I’ve seen em north of 100k with mileage on them. It’s nuts
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Wife’s is slated to be built week of 12/6. Getting excited. Might sell it like the one I saw on Mecum auction the other night. Seller turned down $87,000
    Local stealer had one for 70k and it was gone in two days. I’ll never trade with those vultures!
    Allegedly, they can only market adjust once customer refuses delivery of order. As in, it took over a year we bought something else…..I’ve seen em north of 100k with mileage on them. It’s nuts
    I never have understood why anyone would pay double the list price on a production car. In a year or 2 there are gonna be 100k of these on the road and the moron that paid $100k for a $40k-$50k outerbanks edition is gonna lose their a$$. Then again if you can afford a $100k car you probably don't care. It's not like these things are limited editions. It's fords answer to the Wrangler. If they don't have major mechanical issues or recalls there will be hundreds of thousands of these out there real
    soon once production ramps up.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,430
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

I never have understood why anyone would pay double the list price on a production car. In a year or 2 there are gonna be 100k of these on the road and the moron that paid $100k for a $40k-$50k outerbanks edition is gonna lose their a$$. Then again if you can afford a $100k car you probably don't care. It's not like these things are limited editions. It's fords answer to the Wrangler. If they don't have major mechanical issues or recalls there will be hundreds of thousands of these out there real
    Agreed. They’ll only make approximately 35,000 this year. If yours ain’t #1 off the assembly line, they’ll be just like camaros 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

“A fool and his money” something something…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Keeping the Saab instead of the BMW?
    X3 is toast.  Turbo fault causing it to stay in limp mode. Repair estimate 1.5k, no guarantee it’ll work.  
    Waiting for V5 after plate swap and a classified ad follows. Spare repair value is about 2k. 
    Keeping Saab for a while as it’s what I always wanted and Alli’ loves the SLK.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,109
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

“A fool and his money” something something…
    .... become president?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eoin
    Options
    Botch said:

That's here in the UK, I think. No damage aparently.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Haha!  Nice call back.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:

That's here in the UK, I think. No damage aparently.
    A few years ago I had to attend mandatory 'staff safety training', whilst still serve & protecting.
    The training officer warned the group not to approach electric cars involved in a collision, no further detail than that. 
    I reminded the strictly office based training officer that our primary purpose was to save life and that his advice needed significant thought before future utterance. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Saw a beautiful AMG GTR today.  Old man drove it like a ***** ape.  Sounded so good!

Not that color but that is my dream car. Would want it in a hard top black series coupe in Green Hell Magno.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Saw a beautiful AMG GTR today.  Old man drove it like a ***** ape.  Sounded so good!

Not that color but that is my dream car. Would want it in a hard top black series coupe in Green Hell Magno.
    That green color is amazing.  I think it is the best color option too.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options

Friend of mine was looking to buy but said when he drove it the ride was rough as hell, he bought a porsche instead. 
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options

Friend of mine was looking to buy but said when he drove it the ride was rough as hell, he bought a porsche instead. 
    "Yes that was a dime we just rolled over, and yes it was heads."

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    If for nothing else than the bump.  Thanks.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:

mind the sharp turns
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    If for nothing else than the bump.  Thanks.
    It was on page 2.  This was a nice looking burb. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    The picture isn't it, but I saw a camo wrapped Ferrari a week ago that looked just like it.  I'm terrible at being able to pull out the phone and snap a pick while driving.  Actually, that's a good thing.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dig the gasser look on the pickup.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    A few at Hilton Head today, I think the red ones would fit in my garage. Not sure how the corvair would fare in a collision, the trunk is stuffed with batteries as well.

That Corvair is so cool.  Amazing car, especially for its era.  The Ferrari is so beautiful.  I wouldn't put it in my garage, that would go in my living room.
  • Eoin
    Options
    A few at Hilton Head today, I think the red ones would fit in my garage. Not sure how the corvair would fare in a collision, the trunk is stuffed with batteries as well.

That Corvair is so cool.  Amazing car, especially for its era.  The Ferrari is so beautiful.  I wouldn't put it in my garage, that would go in my living room.
    When I worked in the drawing office at JCB (pre-CAD) there used to be Ferraris and a Maserati 250F in the DO and also in the service department reception area (was the old main reception). Very cool.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited November 2021
    Options

@BigreenGreg

Was that an original 250 Testa Rossa? Hard to believe you could get that close if not a kit car. I believe an unrestored one sold for around 40 million. Such a cool car. One of a few diecast cars I had as a kid. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    900th post!  This thread has legs.