Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Eoin said:
    Some Franken-truck by a buddy's house.. diesel
    Illegal here to have tyres outside of the body line (i.e. arch flares needed). Is that OK, or does nobody enforce it?
    Some states more than others. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,470
    @BigreenGreg - looks like the cars had to be painted red to enter??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 587
    edited November 2021
    Many cars, probably my personal taste. Four 427 vettes were nice to see.
    I did get to for a ride in a friends Red-Eye Hellcat. Impressive with 797 HP, but the tires have no chance.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    Eoin said:
    Illegal here to have tyres outside of the body line (i.e. arch flares needed). Is that OK, or does nobody enforce it?
    Merica!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,115
    Eoin said:
    It is illegal everywhere to have tyres outside fender flares.  On the other hand, some states allow tires outside fender flares.  In AZ they do not care.  Some states really care and pretty much any non-factory stance change is illegal, and in other states you just have to make it look like you tried.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Eoin said:
    It is illegal everywhere to have tyres outside fender flares.  On the other hand, some states allow tires outside fender flares.  In AZ they do not care.  Some states really care and pretty much any non-factory stance change is illegal, and in other states you just have to make it look like you tried.
    Never heard of that but I have only lived in 3 states. I know in Alaska your mud flaps have to be a certain distance from the ground.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Are curb feelers legal?
    Are curb feelers legal?
    You have to get with the times. It's all about the "Slabs" nowadays. 

I'm sorry I know this.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Wtf is that? And why? 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Wtf is that? And why? 
    Those are Slabs, "Slow, Loud, and Bangin'".  Hyper regional car culture from Houston, Texas.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Wtf is that? And why? 
    https://youtu.be/KIpMst53cAc

Minnesota
  • Wow. Different strokes, different folks I guess. 
    Snellville, GA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Where can I get some!?  That is soooo cool!  F PEDESTRIANS
    Learn something new every day here! Dang!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I assume these guys have their own dedicated parking spaces in Houston as to not take up 3 spots when parking?
    Snellville, GA

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Duh, the handicapped spots
  • lousubcap
    Great for marketing given the HQ is right outside the city.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:
    The Lambo shop in Bologna airport.

I would like a neck pillow, over priced head phones, a bag pf candy, and the Lambos Urus please.  I love airport shopping.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,189
    Eoin said:

its really screwed up here, in newengland, massachusetts would flunk the no flares and the lift is too high, new hampshire would want a lower front bumper, maine you could probably unplug all the lights and pass if youre a local
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    The Lambo shop in Bologna airport.

I would like a neck pillow, over priced head phones, a bag pf candy, and the Lambos Urus please.  I love airport shopping.
    They had a cabinet full of over priced sh1t.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:

its really screwed up here, in newengland, massachusetts would flunk the no flares and the lift is too high, new hampshire would want a lower front bumper, maine you could probably unplug all the lights and pass if youre a local
    In AZ, you can make a quad street legal.  All you need is a working light and a horn.  For none Southwesterners, here is a quad.

• fishlessman
    Eoin said:

In AZ, you can make a quad street legal.  All you need is a working light and a horn.  For none Southwesterners, here is a quad.

thats a pet peeve of mine with my 4-wheeler, to get to the lake in the winter i have to drive down the river on the ice. i dont like river ice. would be way safer to take it down the road to the lake boat ramp
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    Eoin said:

thats a pet peeve of mine with my 4-wheeler, to get to the lake in the winter i have to drive down the river on the ice. i dont like river ice. would be way safer to take it down the road to the lake boat ramp
    It almost sounds like you have laws in Maine and that you’re concerned with them. Is this backwards day?
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    Eoin said:

Growing up, I assumed most states were the same.  Then I moved to Illinois.  My eyes were opened.  Fender flares, lights, lifts, bumpers, number of wheels, doors, seatbelts, guns, bullets, knives, axes, etc are all heavily regulated in many states.  AZ, not so much.  Western spirit I guess.  Although, there are enclaves of West Coasters (Cali, Oregon, and Washington) moving here and outlawing certain things within their municipalities, but I digress.

Sorry @lousubcap , back on track.

• fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:

It almost sounds like you have laws in Maine and that you’re concerned with them. Is this backwards day?

having outastate plates doesnt help in maine, that alone is like asking for a ticket. no one goes on the speed limit posted roads unless theres a trail crossing, they leave you alone on the smaller roads. ive gotten a ticket for 46 in a 45 up there
    fukahwee maine

• B-I-L apparently got a green light on the GT3 he ordered, but is still awaiting word on the Lotus and Corvette. I may have some decent pics to show soon. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    What burns my behind is you can make a golf cart street legal in Louisiana but not a side by side. My Pioneer 1000 does 62 mph with me in it solo. I can keep up with the flow of traffic, have doors and a rear view mirror. 
  • lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - Beyond the pics is run time behind the wheel of each of his toys. 
    I presume he has added a carriage house styled garage to stable all his soon to be acquisitions??   =)
  • lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - Beyond the pics is run time behind the wheel of each of his toys. 
    I presume he has added a carriage house styled garage to stable all his soon to be acquisitions??   =)
    His father-in-law, with whom he partners in business, has a standalone garage capable of accommodating a very good number of vehicles. The F-I-L collects. B-I-L has got room for two in his garage and as many if not more in the driveway, but if he gets all that he ordered, he might not have the space at his place. I could always offer that he store the GT3 here. 😂