Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ...other than that and some parasitic drain on the electrical system where I had to disconnect the battery when off, but that was ok because the ignition switch didn't work so I had to open the hood anyway to hotwire the starter to start the engine....it was a great car!
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    RyanStl said:
    This is a Lada.  Not exotic, but rare, as I've never seen one before.

Was wondering when one of these would pop up. I had a neighbour who owned one growing up. 
    These used to be everywhere here, but I've not seen one for ages. Fiat sold Lada the 124 production line, the 124 was a good car, I had a coupe and some Lada parts were common.
    I used to have a 128 and a Strada.  Used to have weird stuff happen like wheels fall off.

I had a 128 coupe, the front suspension tie rod detached from the body braking down a steep hill. Apart from the rust issues, great cars. I still have my FAZA bible.
    I'm trying to remember what part actually broke off (other than the wheel, where the wheel casting broke around the lug nuts, so the two separated while driving).  I think it was the shock mount on the front shock tower.  Whatever it was, I welded it and I was a crappy welder when I was in college.  I recall it had too much play and made the steering squirrely.

An enthusiast would call that steering "lively".

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,117
    edited November 2021
    Botch said:

Want.  
    That is awesome!  Clearance over the bed is a bit tight for a gooseneck, hope they stay on level smooth ground, but the look is stunning.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,996
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    ...hope they stay on level smooth ground, but the look is stunning.
    As a former owner of a '77 Bus, you always stay on level, smooth ground!   =)

Actually, I did take it skiing a few times, but I know I pissed a lot of folks off, behind me, not able to pass on the mountain curves (especially when I had 3 friends along).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:

Actually, I did take it skiing a few times, but I know I pissed a lot of folks off, behind me, not able to pass on the mountain curves (especially when I had 3 friends along).  
    Coming back from Prescott a few months back, the main way was stopped for hours because of multiple accidents.  I decided to go the back way.  It is has gentle ups and downs for about 20 miles.  Got stuck behind a row of touring VW buses.  Spent 20 miles going 30mph up the hills, then speed up to about 45mph down the hill, then slowdown again.  The line of traffic behind us stretched to the horizon. 🤣🤦‍♂️

• Botch
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:

Coming back from Prescott a few months back, the main way was stopped for hours because of multiple accidents.  I decided to go the back way.  It is has gentle ups and downs for about 20 miles.  Got stuck behind a row of touring VW buses.  Spent 20 miles going 30mph up the hills, then speed up to about 45mph down the hill, then slowdown again.  The line of traffic behind us stretched to the horizon. 🤣🤦‍♂️
    Then my work here is done.   =)   ;) 

• Employee has her car in the shop, this is her loaner:

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Has she been getting crazy offers from people wanting to buy?
  • She’s been out running around in a company truck all day. Think I would have called in and found a hill to play on.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Tread dreads.  

• Could be confusing to the accident scene investigators if he ends up getting run over, however.  Can't believe he didn't think of that.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208

That would be an entertaining watch while getting gas. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • I’m wondering if the DANGER is a warning to observers or the occupants.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,471
    Glad there was a recent spotting.  I was getting worried that all the exotics had become garage queens for the winter, even in the warmer climates.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I’m wondering if the DANGER is a warning to observers or the occupants.
    I think it is a general warning for everyone involved, even tangentially.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    I was thinking it’s a warning about the impending decline of civilization exacerbated by high gas prices and shortages.  It has that mad max vibe.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    I was thinking it’s a warning about the impending decline of civilization exacerbated by high gas prices and shortages.  It has that mad max vibe.
    Definitely a Mad Max vibe.  I totally dig it.  I would move the battery though.

• Legume said:
    Definitely a Mad Max vibe.  I totally dig it.  I would move the battery though.

Now the DANGER sign makes even more sense.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,320
    Worm-gear hose clamp on the fuel line could have its own "danger" sign on it.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA

• LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Some Franken-truck by a buddy's house.. diesel
    Illegal here to have tyres outside of the body line (i.e. arch flares needed). Is that OK, or does nobody enforce it?