Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    "Car legs on a gravel road..." Lucinda Williams after reading this thread

"Car legs on a gravel road..." Lucinda Williams after reading this thread

I love Lucinda Williams!  I think this is maybe the 2nd time I have seen an unsolicited remark mentioning her.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Dar Williams > Lucinda Williams 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,117
    Dar Williams > Lucinda Williams 
    I have some listening to do.  Not familiar with Dar.

• Dar Williams > Lucinda Williams 
    I was mostly joking, as almost nobody has heard of Dar.  Fairly different music from Lucinda’s.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 414
    I was mostly joking, as almost nobody has heard of Dar.  Fairly different music from Lucinda’s.

I liked "Alleluia" a lot when I was younger. But I never heard of Lucinda Williams....
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • nolaegghead
    I got to meet Lucinda Williams after a show at the House of Blues in New Orleans.   Her mom gave use tickets and watched the show with us.
    I got to meet Lucinda Williams after a show at the House of Blues in New Orleans.   Her mom gave use tickets and watched the show with us.
    You live a charmed life.

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 588
    edited November 2021
    @BigreenGreg

Was that an original 250 Testa Rossa? Hard to believe you could get that close if not a kit car. I believe an unrestored one sold for around 40 million. Such a cool car. One of a few diecast cars I had as a kid. 
    I looked up Paramount Classic Cars and Trucks Instagram, it’s a custom, not an original. Looks damn good though. 
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,996
    I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma with only 60K miles on it.  My dealership offers to buy it from me every time its in for sched service.  My mailman has asked me to sell it to him.  In two years:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/electric-vw-volkswagen-bus-photos-teaser-2021-11
    (I'd choose a somewhat tamer paint scheme).  At this point in my life this would make more sense than a small pickup, for me.  Plus, I had a '77 bus for five years in Albuquerque, absolutely loved that thing.  
    Want.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Botch said:
    I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma with only 60K miles on it.  My dealership offers to buy it from me every time its in for sched service.  My mailman has asked me to sell it to him.  In two years:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/electric-vw-volkswagen-bus-photos-teaser-2021-11
    (I'd choose a somewhat tamer paint scheme).  At this point in my life this would make more sense than a small pickup, for me.  Plus, I had a '77 bus for five years in Albuquerque, absolutely loved that thing.  
    Want.  

It would be nice to have but $$$$$ likely. To have sufficient range they would need a larger battery than they have used in the US so far and in the Rockies I would definitely suggest AWD. You would need to try out the driving position also since you are a bit over average height, just a skoosh.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    A few at Hilton Head today, I think the red ones would fit in my garage. Not sure how the corvair would fare in a collision, the trunk is stuffed with batteries as well.

What's in the front of the Corvair? That looks like my very first car, same color, but it didn't have anything in the frunk.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    This is a Lada.  Not exotic, but rare, as I've never seen one before.

• RyanStl said:

Was wondering when one of these would pop up. I had a neighbour who owned one growing up. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    RyanStl said:
    A few at Hilton Head today, I think the red ones would fit in my garage. Not sure how the corvair would fare in a collision, the trunk is stuffed with batteries as well.

What's in the front of the Corvair? That looks like my very first car, same color, but it didn't have anything in the frunk.
    I was looking to see if I could find any information yesterday on the 250 Testa Rossa. I noticed the Concours d’Elegance has an electric class. I'd imagine that Corvair is part of that category. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • What's in the front of the Corvair? That looks like my very first car, same color, but it didn't have anything in the frunk.
    It's all batteries, with wood isolators!

Charleston, SC
  • I was looking to see if I could find any information yesterday on the 250 Testa Rossa. I noticed the Concours d’Elegance has an electric class. I'd imagine that Corvair is part of that category. 

Charleston, SC
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    I was looking to see if I could find any information yesterday on the 250 Testa Rossa. I noticed the Concours d’Elegance has an electric class. I'd imagine that Corvair is part of that category. 

That was a great read. Thanks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    RyanStl said:

Was wondering when one of these would pop up. I had a neighbour who owned one growing up. 
    These used to be everywhere here, but I've not seen one for ages. Fiat sold Lada the 124 production line, the 124 was a good car, I had a coupe and some Lada parts were common.
  • Eoin
    Botch said:
    Want.  

The concept was launched a while ago, as a working prototype. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZLRBukWuY0

Very interested in the production version.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Dar Williams > Lucinda Williams 
    You may have been joking, but I am digging Dar Williams.  Her cover of Comfortably Numb is pretty good.  Gets the whole vibe of the orginal.

• nolaegghead
    Eoin said:
    RyanStl said:

These used to be everywhere here, but I've not seen one for ages. Fiat sold Lada the 124 production line, the 124 was a good car, I had a coupe and some Lada parts were common.
    I used to have a 128 and a Strada.  Used to have weird stuff happen like wheels fall off.

I am old and have a lawn.  But let's keep this thread relatively focused.  Given the term relatively focused-back to the automotive posts.
    I had to google anything beyond Ted Williams... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    I am old and have a lawn.  But let's keep this thread relatively focused.  Given the term relatively focused-back to the automotive posts.
    I had to google anything beyond Ted Williams... =)
    Roger, dodger.  This is apropos.  The driver has a glorious Hawaiian shirt on and Ted Williams played baseball in Hawaii.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,471
    I never caught Ted in person but that era was my lawn growing youth.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RyanStl said:

Reminds me of my dads BMW 2002Tii Inca orange.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin said:
    RyanStl said:

I used to have a 128 and a Strada.  Used to have weird stuff happen like wheels fall off.

I had a 128 coupe, the front suspension tie rod detached from the body braking down a steep hill. Apart from the rust issues, great cars. I still have my FAZA bible.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395
    My wife and I stopped at the local Ace Hardware (Naples) for an o ring for my pressure washer. Looks like they must have Rockwood on sale?

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,320
    Maserati, no details as they were pulling out as we were pulling in...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    RyanStl said:

I had a 128 coupe, the front suspension tie rod detached from the body braking down a steep hill. Apart from the rust issues, great cars. I still have my FAZA bible.
    I'm trying to remember what part actually broke off (other than the wheel, where the wheel casting broke around the lug nuts, so the two separated while driving).  I think it was the shock mount on the front shock tower.  Whatever it was, I welded it and I was a crappy welder when I was in college.  I recall it had too much play and made the steering squirrely.