Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

I’d say it’s high time you did that to your Porsche. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    Bump.  Spotted in Nederland, CO . . .

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,035
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    A couple AC's for @alaskanassasin - the harvester is functional and very intricate...

Its been a minute since I've stopped in this thread. Very cool! @dbCooper
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Caught some Rivians around these parts as of late. They are the first I’ve seen in the flesh. Was driving for the encounters, so no photos. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,680
    Options
    That looks like a video game shot or ai @DoubleEgger wierd
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Looks like a Huricane STO?  Pretty sweet track focused super car right there!  The gold really adds to the subtleties of the overall subdued design language that Lamborghini uses.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,207
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    Not sure if this counts as an exotic, but according to the Porsche website it sure is expensive.

A lot of “exotics” will be looking at that Porsche’s taillights. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,996
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    Not sure if this counts as an exotic, but according to the Porsche website it sure is expensive.

A lot of “exotics” will be looking at that Porsche’s taillights. 
    Yep.  One of the quickest 0-60 cars on the road.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,433
    Options
    And all with a petrol fueled engine.  Speed and distance right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 22
    Options
    55Kevy said:

911 Turbo S, that is a machine.  Would rather have that than a GT3RS.  Gorgeous.

Love the single centerlock wheels and carbon ceramic brakes.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,207
    Options
    Polestars are pretty rare around here. I think this is the first one I’ve seen. Looks like they copied the Q8 Audi  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    55Kevy said:

911 Turbo S, that is a machine.  Would rather have that than a GT3RS.  Gorgeous.

A 911 Turbo S was the first exotic I ever drove. I’ve recounted this before, but I got an invite from a client of my wife’s to drive his upon our first meeting. Was in my 20s. I knew right then and there that I liked the guy. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 25
    Options
    55Kevy said:

A 911 Turbo S was the first exotic I ever drove. I’ve recounted this before, but I got an invite from a client of my wife’s to drive his upon our first meeting. Was in my 20s. I knew right then and there that I liked the guy. 
    I have yet to drive any exotics.  Closest I came was a Ferrari 360 Spider.  A friend of my wife's stopped by with it and asked if I was around because he knew I loved cars and was offering me a chance to drive it.  She was mad at me for something and told him I wasn't around (I was).  They chatted for a bit and he left.  That was over 20 years ago and I am still angry about it.

I did drive a Formula Ford around PIR for a day.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    55Kevy said:

I have yet to drive any exotics.  
    Isn’t your DD one? 🙂
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,790
    Options
    Parked next to an alfa Romeo today, wth, and why would they do that and make an average looking suv. No pic and Should have popped the emblem off =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 26
    Options
    55Kevy said:

I have yet to drive any exotics.  
    Isn’t your DD one? 🙂
    My wife’s daily is a Porsche Cayenne S, don’t think it qualifies as exotic? I have a Jeep Wrangler. Hopefully I can get a 911 or 718 someday.

A local used car lot has a Urus and a Viper.  I keep meaning to stop in.  It’s weird because it’s one of those Nickel Pickel Scott days YES!! used car lots.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Saw my first CyberTruck in the wild (in Durham) last night.  No pics as I was driving and it was behind me.  

I will say that they are pretty stunning in person.  Kind of like seeing a space ship on the street.  I still think they’re ugly af and don’t really get the overall appeal, but if what you want is people staring at your whip, well, this will do it for sure.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Saw my first CyberTruck in the wild (in Durham) last night.  No pics as I was driving and it was behind me.  

I will say that they are pretty stunning in person.  Kind of like seeing a space ship on the street.  I still think they’re ugly af and don’t really get the overall appeal, but if what you want is people staring at your whip, well, this will do it for sure.
    Agree that they are not easy on the eyes.

Saw two Rivians this week - the first two I’ve ever spotted in the wild, IIRC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

We have a good number of those around here - I've been spotting them for at least a year.  My brother-in-law just got an R1T.  He loves it so far.  The reviews I have seen have been great.

I might seriously consider one for my next car purchase if we get a service station close to us.  At the moment, the nearest one is in Virginia.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

We have a good number of those around here - I've been spotting them for at least a year.  My brother-in-law just got an R1T.  He loves it so far.  The reviews I have seen have been great.

I might seriously consider one for my next car purchase if we get a service station close to us.  At the moment, the nearest one is in Virginia.  
    Better get in quick before Rivian goes bankrupt.

https://www.investors.com/news/rivian-stock-ev-startup-lays-off-workers-lucid-production-forecast/

https://investorplace.com/2024/03/rivians-hail-mary-new-evs-unveiled-but-is-it-too-little-too-late/
  • lousubcap
    Options
    It's that vegan leather that is causing all the issues... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    I thought you may have dropped in to @stlcharcoal's place...Nice autographs.  Value add!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Better get in quick before Rivian goes bankrupt.

https://www.investors.com/news/rivian-stock-ev-startup-lays-off-workers-lucid-production-forecast/

https://investorplace.com/2024/03/rivians-hail-mary-new-evs-unveiled-but-is-it-too-little-too-late/
    Good to know.  There’s a lot of uncertainty in the market for new EV companies for sure.  My next car will likely be an EV, but I’ll probably look seriously at models from well-established manufacturers.  It would definitely suck to purchase a car and have the company go belly up a few years later.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    My sister sent me this today

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,680
    Options
    Classic high center, not sure why the hood is up but momentum is your friend in most off road situations. Or as I like to say “if in doubt throttle out”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Classic high center, not sure why the hood is up but momentum is your friend in most off road situations. Or as I like to say “if in doubt throttle out”
    Hood open and tailgate down.  Maybe he released the drones?  He did good to make it that high (assuming he was going up), but he needed to keep the speed over the transition.