Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - tell TFJ she rocked it!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - tell TFJ she rocked it!
    She did (and I think she knows it-lol) 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    TFJ got after it tonight as I got drunk on the couch watching football 

“chana masala” style black eyed pea* samosas with cilantro and tamarind chutney and raita (yogurt). 

*(chana masala is made with chickpeas)

Happy New Year all! 

I just chana tear into that plate!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

The meal is a solid 9.8/10. The white plate is a 10/10.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Throwing a Deadly Missile. Possibly the greatest names charge in the book and I used it today. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    O-H
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    O-H
    I-O ——— Holy Buckeye!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Throwing a Deadly Missile. Possibly the greatest names charge in the book and I used it today. 
    Probably not as popular a charge since they switched to nerf lawn darts...
    Options
    I used some brewer's yeast from 2017.   Interesting smell to the dough.  Can't wait until it cools down.
    Waking up to about 6 inches of snow. Will take the kids tobogganing early this evening. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker - Better to be lucky than good right there.  Great plate.  She crushed the cook!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

New Year’s Eve dragging a little?  Maybe lacking purpose?  Well worry not my reluctant correspondents, the football is back tomorrow.  And it’s a four day match weekend so strap in for the long haul.

Here we go;

NYD; Everton v West Ham, the hosts got a day off last time out because of the C-Bug and will view this as eminently winnable.  2-0.

Man Utd v Villa, Ole’s lads up to 2nd and looking a credible top 4 outfit now.  Villa are keeping the good times alive too and this will be a fair contest.  A 2-1 home win possibly achieved through a dubious penalty.

Saturday; Spurs v Leeds, plenty of goals despite the bus-parking predilections of Jose. 3-2 because Dirty Leeds can’t keep the back door shut. 

Palace v Sheff Utd, the mighty Eagles will be desperate to end the Blades horrific losing streak. Having regained some composure in the 1-1 with Leicester, Palace remain Jekyll & Hyde. Huff and puff all around yielding a 0-0 to universal disappointment.

Brighton v Wolves, with any luck the golden West Midlanders will continue their stabilisation and keep the filthy Seagulls perilously close to a relegation dogfight. 0-2

West Brom v Arsenal, the Big Sam effect lasted one match and then the Baggies got tonked by Leeds.  C’est la vie as I am certain Big Sam did not say.  Gunners are awake and will be looking forward to this. Hubris is their biggest enemy this time out. 1-2 away win after an early scare for Mikel’s chaps.

Sunday; Burnley v Fulham, snooze-fest!  1-0 and very little else to say

Newcastle v Leicester, Screaming Scrotum Vardy was rested for the last game and will fancy his chances against the Toon. Torpid resilience will eventually comply with those wishes for a 0-1 to the Foxes.

Chelsea v Man City,  the visitors have had longer to recover between matches and are shaping up for a tilt at the top while Liverpool are still within reach.  Hopefully fun to watch. 1-3.

Monday; Southampton v Liverpool, the Saints have lost some lustre and are regressing to their mean of mid-table mediocrity.  (I will not be repeating that sentence a few beers in on the Zoom call tomorrow!)  Liverpool keep finding a way to remain top of the league.  0-2 as Salah finds his scoring boots again.

That’s it for 2020.  Thanks for all the flags, quotes and PM’s.  But most of all, thanks for being you. 

Love this.  Because I have read a number of these posts I have come to realize that you stick to the party line and what seems like the most likely scenario -but the players rarely oblige.  

So, just keep it interesting I'm going to quibble with some of your predictions.  

I don't see Spurs and Leeds scoring so much but the outcome will be as you predict - just 2-1.

I appreciate that you are overcompensating for your Palace bias, but they will score on Sheffield - twice in fact.  With that said, their defense is so bad that the final score will be 2-1.

Chelsea will be up for Man City - it will be 1-1.
    @CPFC1905, I'll take credit for getting closer to the CPFC outcome than you did.  It seems that Sheffield's offense is so hapless that they can't even score on the sieve-like Palace defense.  And the Sheffield defense was remarkable in their "we defend like a youth team in the 10 year old division" resemblance.

I'll give you the Spurs nod - at least on their side of the scoring.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @SGH - some kind of sausage fest?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH - some kind of sausage fest?
    Something like that  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a great looking loaf @nolaegghead .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SGH said:

You is tired. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    You is tired. 
    Brother ****, you are absolutely 100% correct. I just can’t hang like I could years ago. I was exhausted to say the very least. But it was well worth it my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Dungeness crab

Burp!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @SGH There a lot of goodness there. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    SGH said:
    @SGH you should be commended for this contribution.  Keeping it real!  

Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    The Silence Of The Swine.