Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Cherry smoke, lovely

MasterCMasterC Posts: 285
I've used various types of wood for cooking and will continue to. That being said, I prefer cherry for smoking poultry. The mild smoke is an accent not the star. But the color, that rich mahogany, dang.  What's your go to wood for bird

Fort Wayne Indiana 

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 22,527
    Cherry for the win every time, especially for the color as you note.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 7,279
    edited October 16
    Beautiful Color ! You eat with your eyes first, it's a winner already 
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker coming soon- Blackstone 36 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • RRPRRP Posts: 23,493
    Cherry is great for the reasons you mentioned, but at times I will use a killer combination of cherry and pecan. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MasterCMasterC Posts: 285
    RRP said:
    Cherry is great for the reasons you mentioned, but at times I will use a killer combination of cherry and pecan. 
    I need to try that now. Thanks 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Langner91Langner91 Posts: 194
    I like cherry and I like pecan.  I need to try Ron's combo!
    Clinton, Iowa