Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dook/Carolina

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 19,085
edited March 16 in EggHead Forum
what a game. And...

parking lot wagyu chuck eye, pasture yardbird and “Japanese crack” YakiTori sauce. 

Crack yakitori recipe:

Couple of chicken leg bones or whatever you got (backbones from spatched birds, feet, wings, legs- whatev). 

Roast bones under broiler for 4-5 min a side (until “stanky”). Put “stanky” bones and all ingredients below in a stock pot. Bring to a boil and drop to simmer until reduced by half

1 cup Japanese crack (or soy sauce of your choice).  I did 50/50 Crack/Yamasa Soy Sauce to keep the cost down- Cup of crack is like $8
1 cup Mirin
1/2 cup sake
1/2 cup water 
1 TBSP packed brown sugar. 

Then do this:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX

Comments

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 14,889
    Yes sir
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,126
    Yes, I hate you.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Fun set up tip- If you look at the last steak pic- I used an Adjustable Rig set up as a “Tandoor”. Set the top of metal skewer on raised level of the AR frame with the tip of the skewer down in the lump. 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 14,423
    I appreciate you not waiting to cook this all for the Tennessee-Kentucky game, because that would’ve been a major letdown for all involved. 
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,766
    Wow!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,126
    I appreciate you not waiting to cook this all for the Tennessee-Kentucky game, because that would’ve been a major letdown for all involved. 
    Yup.  We all know UK will win.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,615
    I think I should like this, since it's all fancy n stuff.  So I declare I like it.   Where's the fancy wine and tree rat?

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 8,516
    Great job on these and proper use of Japanese crack.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,278
    Where is "Dam Son" when you need him?? ;)  Great cook right there.  Nailed the "cook in progress" pics.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,866
    WOW !!!!! Fantastic post and cook..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,820
    I am so jealous of your meat sources.
    NOLA
    Here you go, @lousubcap ; A definite appropriate thread for his appearance...

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
    This is another good one....That I should probably post more often across the forum

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,783
    bgebrent said:
    Yup.  We all know UK will win.
    Unlike Dook games....you never know if they are going to win....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • abtaylor260abtaylor260 Posts: 105
    Wow!
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 3,172
    thetrim said:
    This is another good one....That I should probably post more often across the forum

My boxer is the bubble blowing queen. Funny 
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,132
    Looks like it was the best possible outcome in the kitchen and on court.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• That was the first time I had seen Zion play a whole game. All I can say is “wow”. Dude is something else. Says a lot about Carolina too. Zion scores 31 and Duke won by a point. Going to be fun watching both of them in the tourney. 
  • JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 628
    Wow!  Setting the bar way high...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
    That was the first time I had seen Zion play a whole game. All I can say is “wow”. Dude is something else. Says a lot about Carolina too. Zion scores 31 and Duke won by a point. Going to be fun watching both of them in the tourney. 
    Normally Barrett and Reddish are scoring quite a bit more than they did last night.  They both had off nights, which is another testament to Carolina.  I wouldn’t bet against either team in the tournament.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

@JohnInCarolina In the end you have to bet against one of them although this is a tough one to sort out. Seeding will have a big influence. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    A partial hi-jack here:  Tenn-UK is a great ball game.  Both bringing it and taking no prisoners.  Friggin bracket show is gonna be quite telling. 
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 3,172
    I'm anxious to see how Duke plays tonight. Could be upset city... They've had two intense games in as many days. How much is in the tank.... 
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm anxious to see how Duke plays tonight. Could be upset city... They've had two intense games in as many days. How much is in the tank.... 
    Yep fatigue could be an issue for them, especially since Florida State plays ten guys.  

Related but another partial diversion:
    Wondering if the ACC can really get 3 top-lines??  Looks more promising than it did before KY Jelly showed their youth and lost to Tenn.  I don't know who can crash the VA-Duke-NC line right now but I am consistently missing the target.
    Gonna be a great tournament. 

• Dayum fine looking cook!
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 2,270
    OMG, drooling!
    Southlake, TX, and Cowhouse Creek, Gatesville, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,460
    ColtsFan said:
    I would not consider that to be an upset.  FSU is a very very good team. One of the least talked about teams to date.   If UNC had won yesterday I didn't think they could beat FSU today,  and I'm Tarheel born and bred.
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 4,358
    Homer.drooling.gif
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

Great game so far.