Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

silence of the lamb chops recipe

Rick G
Rick G Posts: 185
Hey everyone.   Been a LONG time since i've been on here.   I've been looking for this lamb chop recipe and finally found it here but it seems that the file/page has become corrupted.  the amount of salt and pepper and balsalmic is gibberish.   Does anyone have the recipe?  Any help would be super cool!!

Comments

• Hey Rick- I didn't answer because I had never heard of this recipe. I was hoping someone would and post a link to it. Have you had any luck finding it? I've been around here for a while and have not seen it so it was either before my time or perhaps on the greeneggers.com forum? I'm not 100% what the status is over there- been a while since I visited. Was just thinking if it has been as long as you say since you logged in, that recipe could have been on that forum before it was all ported over to here.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • In re-reading your post, I'll bet you money that was on the other forum and it got corrupted when they ported it over.
  • I found it and was able to fix it for you:

Enjoy!

Ingredients
    • 12 Lamb chops - frenched
    • 1 Tbs Olive oil
    • Pinch salt and pepper to taste
    • Cup balsamic vinegar
    • 1/8 Cup honey

Instructions: Whisk together honey and vinegar and season with salt & pepper
    With grill on high heat, brush each chop on both sides with olive oil and
    season with salt & pepper.Place on grill and cook 3-4 minutes (or until golden brown and slightly
    charred). Flip and repeat. When they're almost done, pull them off the grill and brush with the
    honey-vinegar glaze. Cook one minute longer and remove from heat.After removing the chops from the heat, brush again with glaze and let sit
    5 minutes.Serve 2-3 chops per person with pesto on the side

Mint pesto Topper:

Ingredients
    • 1  Cup mint leaves -- tightly packed
    • 1 Cup flat leaf parsley -- tightly packed
    • 1 garlic clove
    • 2 Tbs pine nuts
    • 1/3 Cup olive oil
    • 3 Tbs parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
    • 1 Pinch salt to taste
    • 1 Pinch pepper to taste

Instructions: Dump the mint, parsley, garlic and pine nuts into food processor and blend
    until coarsely chopped. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil
    and process until smooth, then drop in the parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
    Once mixture becomes a thick pesto sauce, scrape it into a small bowl and
    serve on grilled lamb chops.

• Well that sounds pretty awesome.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    You guys rock!!!!    Thanks!!!