Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT**The Unofficially Official Pizza Thread**OT

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    smokingal said:
    Made a calzone using leftover burnt ends, fresh mozz and sweet onions with 120 hr. no-knead dough and homemade marinara sauce made from oak smoked roma tomatoes.

Gorgeous, as always
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Margherita pizza on a sourdough crust, homemade sauce and basil leaves from a plant I surprisingly haven't managed to kill yet.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    smokingal said:
    Margherita pizza on a sourdough crust, homemade sauce and basil leaves from a plant I surprisingly haven't managed to kill yet.

I hate you. Now I want Pizza.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Wanasmoke said:

Wood fired chicken, bbq sauce, red onion, stracchino cheese

Italian sausage, mozzarella and sriracha honey 

Happy Father’s Day!!!

DANG U DO IT RIGHT!!  that sausage motz sriracha honey looks unreal . . tried MIKES HOT HONEY yet?  They sell it on amazon now, and we love it on most all red sauce pies - esp with pep 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    edited June 2019
    @NDG I have not tried Mike's Hot Honey...but I'll check it out!  How spicy?? I mixed up the sriracha honey myself but had to dilute because my wife said too hot!
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited June 2019
    @Wanasmoke infused with chili peppers . . so heat on the backend.  FUNNY that my wife accidently gave it to my 3 year old on some peanut butter crackers instead of normal honey.  Scream & Tears . . shocked the neighboors didnt call the cops. 

EDIT we love the stuff on all red sauce pizzas.  That and calabrian chile oil.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Getting dough started for margarita neopolitan pizzas tonight 🍕 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182

Garlic herb pizza dough. Pan seared guanciale, fontina/white cheddar cheese blend. White sauce base. Topped with a hatch chili garlic cream sauce.

No plated pics as it was devoured.

Brandon - Ohio

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    Caramelized onion and mushroom in the blackstone

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

• A couple off the egg this weekend.
  • slick_rick
    slick_rick Posts: 55
    Taking my first shot at pizzas this weekend. Going to buy the dough from the pizza place on my street (perk of living in NYC). Plan on making a pretty simple sauce and using basic toppings (pep, sausage, onions, peppers, basil, etc.) Thinking of running the egg between 500-600 and making sure the stone is at that temp for at least 40 minutes before I put the first pie on. 

I have a medium - but plan is plate setter legs down, grate, 2" spacers, then the stone. Maybe use some parchment paper for a few minutes if it doesn't seem like the pies are getting high enough in the dome?

How am I doing? What other advice do you have for me? 

MED - Manhattan
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Taking my first shot at pizzas this weekend. Going to buy the dough from the pizza place on my street (perk of living in NYC). Plan on making a pretty simple sauce and using basic toppings (pep, sausage, onions, peppers, basil, etc.) Thinking of running the egg between 500-600 and making sure the stone is at that temp for at least 40 minutes before I put the first pie on. 

I have a medium - but plan is plate setter legs down, grate, 2" spacers, then the stone. Maybe use some parchment paper for a few minutes if it doesn't seem like the pies are getting high enough in the dome?

How am I doing? What other advice do you have for me? 

good plan, just make sure you have a good way of getting the pizzas off your peel and onto the stone.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324

I think your setup seems fine. I might error on the side of caution on your first one and keep it closer to 500 than 600 just in case your dough is sensitive to the heat. I've cooked a lot of NY style pizzas at 450 - 500 and I like them that way. It's individual preference, but one thing no one likes is a burnt pizza. It sounds like you've done your homework, though. (spacers between plate setter and stone, two thumbs up)

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Herky
    Herky Posts: 30
    Some deep dish from last weekend
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Trying out some modifications to my sourdough pizza recipe, but let it proof at room temp for too long, so a 3 day stint in the fridge left it over proofed.  Still tasty and sour as all get out.  Used some leftover dry aged lamb shoulder, Wagyu short ribs and beef sausage.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • 1WVU
    1WVU Posts: 160
    Weekend pizzas on the Ardore.  Simple sausage / buffalo mozzarella and a margarita. I need to kick start my sourdough starter so I can use it again in my pizzas.

Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Beautiful, is that stock or biscotti saputo floor?  Love my Ardore with bs floor, don't use it enough though  :)
    canuckland
  • 1WVU
    1WVU Posts: 160
    edited July 2019
    It’s stock floor.  And I, like you, don’t use it as often as I’d like.  But it’s really nice and super convenient
    Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    How have I not seen this tread before is beyond me.
    I just made some balls for this sunday, my nieces want to play and learn how to make some za's. I never used the 2 day fridge method before so hopefully the dough comes out good. I use 240 gr H2O 4 gr Yeast 15 Gr sea salt 400 gr 00 flour 10 gr EVO this makes a dough ball big enough for 4 80 gram balls

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited August 2019
    FYI to any of you that were looking to buy a Pizza Party Ardore or Bollore. They basically doubled the price. The Ardore is now $1,000 and the Bollore is around $1,900. Glad I bought when I did.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    FYI to any of you that were looking to buy a Pizza Party Ardore or Bollore. They basically doubled the price. The Ardore is now $1,000 and the Bollore is around $1,900. Glad I bought when I did.
    I saw that. Hard to understand their pricing move on the Ardore in particular. Simone (the Pizza Party guy) has said the price is what it is and there won't be any more discounts. If true, I think he's priced himself right out of the smaller, portable gas fired tabletop oven market. With the Ooni Koda available on sale periodically for as little as $249 the market will say "Ciao, Ardore!"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TEXASBGE2018
    Had I not bought my Bollore when I did I wouldn’t even think twice. It would be a Roccbox or Koda for me

• Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    Photo Egg said:
    ryantt said:
    So one of the favorites in our house  Stromboli filled with pesto, tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh  mozzarella  and hot Italian sausage. 
    Cut photo?
    Recipe please...
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited August 2019
    Love my Ardore and Elements of Pizzas same day dough recipe. Mixed dough at lunch time, pies ready for dinner!

Rear one with home made tomato sauce and garden cherry toms. Front one with potato, bacon and home made pesto sauce from garden basil.

canuckland