Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rancho Loco Brazilian Chicken Breast with Coconut Milk Sauce and Smashed Brussel Sprouts

Options
The_Stache
The_Stache Posts: 1,153
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum
So I was thinking I need to do something with Chicken and Turmeric and started with a recipe for Brazilian Chicken with some modifications for "The Allergic/Sensitive One" AKA SWMBO...

Chicken Breast crusted with Turmeric, Cumin and Mortar and Pestle Ground Coriander (yes, @caliking, Bloomed in a hot pan before combining) ... Normal cook for the chicken on the MM....

Meanwhile back in the kitchen... Smashed Brussel Sprout with garlic, pecorino and parmesan cheese (par-Boil, ice bath, Smash, Bake)

And a couple of sauces... For SWMBO (No Tomato, no Jalapeno,) Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Coconut Milk....

Ooops... no picture...

For the rest of us, sauce with Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Jalapeno, Seeded Tomato and Coconut Milk

After breasts (Chicken for you lame thinkers) reached 165... Pulled and Sliced...

Sauced and served to SWMBO...

(NOTE the light colored sauce... )

Sliced and served to me:

Overall... pretty darned good for not knowing what I was doing!

Enjoy!

PS... cooked Salmon on the MM last night so verified that either there was no STANK or it added to the flavors of the chicken!

Kirkland, TN
2 LBGE, 1 MM

Comments