Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - RIP Stephen Hawking

DMWDMW Posts: 13,182
That's a loss for humanity for sure.

Say hi to God for me Stephen.
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle

Comments

• CoMoBGECoMoBGE Posts: 336
    HeavyG said:
    It is certainly sad to hear of his passing but we were surely lucky to have him a lot longer than had been expected.
    If you are one of the most intelligent people in the world, it’s probably a good thing that you were able to make it this long with the underlying ailments. I hope that people think about his ideas and take some of his recommendations to heart. Just my thinking. 
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,035
    Huge loss for humanity.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • DMW said:

I see what you did there. 
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,182
    DMW said:

I see what you did there. 
    You picked up on that? You are very astute.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,841
    Lived an amazing life and made a great contribution. RIP.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,299
    Passed with an h-index of 125.  Those are some big cajones.  Well done, sir.  May you rest in peace indeed.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,990
    What a life.  And contributor to our understanding of the universe. RIP
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,807
    Seemed to be a fairly smart fella.  He will be missed.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,942
    Now, who is going to unify, everything?
    RIP. Great man, brilliant mind.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,478
    so hows it going to end....asteroid strikes, epidemics, ball of fire, aliens, artificial intelligence....he left us hanging
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,824
    What a life.  And contributor to our understanding of the universe. RIP
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
    That time he met Jim Carrey.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,868
    so hows it going to end....asteroid strikes, epidemics, ball of fire, aliens, artificial intelligence....he left us hanging
    Looks more and more like a gaggle of science-hating extremist religious fanatics forming multiple kakistocracies across multiple nations on a platform of ignorant populism will create a world-wide version of Idiocracy and just bad-decision us to death.

Looks more and more like a gaggle of science-hating extremist religious fanatics forming multiple kakistocracies across multiple nations on a platform of ignorant populism will create a world-wide version of Idiocracy and just bad-decision us to death.

Good morning Sunshine!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,132
    edited March 14

Nah.  It'll bounce back

Have faith

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
    johnnyp said:

Nah.  It'll bounce back

Have faith

Look where this has already happened - the Middle East.  It's spreading into western countries including ours and getting footholds in Europe.  I'll try to be optimistic.

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,478

death by snollygosters sounds cool =)

• EoinEoin Posts: 1,841
    johnnyp said:

Nah.  It'll bounce back

Have faith

Look where this has already happened - the Middle East.  It's spreading into western countries including ours and getting footholds in Europe.  I'll try to be optimistic.
    Spreading, but looking on the bright side, most of us will croak before it gets to us.
  • He died on National Pie day. The irony.

I feel like they can get at least two Big Bang Theory episodes out of that.

Still, an epic lost.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,682
    He died on National Pie day. The irony.

I feel like they can get at least two Big Bang Theory episodes out of that.

Still, an epic lost.
    and einstein's birthday 
    Visalia, Ca
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,806
    Had to read A Brief History of Time for a college course. Admittedly a large portion was beyond me, but it did point out what a brilliant mind he possessed. How sad that one of the smartest persons of our time was trapped within their own mind. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,686
    CTMike said:
    Had to read A Brief History of Time for a college course. Admittedly a large portion was beyond me, but it did point out what a brilliant mind he possessed. How sad that one of the smartest persons of our time was trapped within their own mind. 
    I was going to ask if anyone here had read it.  I've read the first 1/3rd or so, 3 or 4 times over the years, but never made it past that.  And that was supposed to be his book which anyone could understand.   :|

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,481
    Awesome, tragic and beautiful at the same time. Extraordinary to say the least. 
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
    Event horizons are incompatible with quantum theory, and Stephan has been haunted by this for years.  I think he revised his theory later on.

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    If God is real it’s going to be awkward if they meet. 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,299
    CTMike said:
    I wouldn’t describe him as trapped.  He had some pretty big dreams, ones he was able to share with the world.  And we are all better off for it.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• CTMike said:
    I’m sure I’m going to hell for this, but my twisted bubblehead sense of humor couldn’t resist:

And who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor?!?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    @CTMike you sir are a SAVAGE