Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - RIP Stephen Hawking

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
That's a loss for humanity for sure.

Say hi to God for me Stephen.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    HeavyG said:
    It is certainly sad to hear of his passing but we were surely lucky to have him a lot longer than had been expected.
    If you are one of the most intelligent people in the world, it’s probably a good thing that you were able to make it this long with the underlying ailments. I hope that people think about his ideas and take some of his recommendations to heart. Just my thinking. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Huge loss for humanity.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW said:

I see what you did there. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    DMW said:

I see what you did there. 
    You picked up on that? You are very astute.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Lived an amazing life and made a great contribution. RIP.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Passed with an h-index of 125.  Those are some big cajones.  Well done, sir.  May you rest in peace indeed.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    What a life.  And contributor to our understanding of the universe. RIP
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Seemed to be a fairly smart fella.  He will be missed.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Now, who is going to unify, everything?
    RIP. Great man, brilliant mind.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    so hows it going to end....asteroid strikes, epidemics, ball of fire, aliens, artificial intelligence....he left us hanging
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    What a life.  And contributor to our understanding of the universe. RIP
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That time he met Jim Carrey.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    so hows it going to end....asteroid strikes, epidemics, ball of fire, aliens, artificial intelligence....he left us hanging
    Looks more and more like a gaggle of science-hating extremist religious fanatics forming multiple kakistocracies across multiple nations on a platform of ignorant populism will create a world-wide version of Idiocracy and just bad-decision us to death.

Looks more and more like a gaggle of science-hating extremist religious fanatics forming multiple kakistocracies across multiple nations on a platform of ignorant populism will create a world-wide version of Idiocracy and just bad-decision us to death.

Good morning Sunshine!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited March 2018

Nah.  It'll bounce back

Have faith

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaegghead
    johnnyp said:

Nah.  It'll bounce back

Have faith

Look where this has already happened - the Middle East.  It's spreading into western countries including ours and getting footholds in Europe.  I'll try to be optimistic.

death by snollygosters sounds cool =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    johnnyp said:

Nah.  It'll bounce back

Have faith

Look where this has already happened - the Middle East.  It's spreading into western countries including ours and getting footholds in Europe.  I'll try to be optimistic.
    Spreading, but looking on the bright side, most of us will croak before it gets to us.
  • He died on National Pie day. The irony.

I feel like they can get at least two Big Bang Theory episodes out of that.

Still, an epic lost.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    He died on National Pie day. The irony.

I feel like they can get at least two Big Bang Theory episodes out of that.

Still, an epic lost.
    and einstein's birthday 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Had to read A Brief History of Time for a college course. Admittedly a large portion was beyond me, but it did point out what a brilliant mind he possessed. How sad that one of the smartest persons of our time was trapped within their own mind. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    CTMike said:
    Had to read A Brief History of Time for a college course. Admittedly a large portion was beyond me, but it did point out what a brilliant mind he possessed. How sad that one of the smartest persons of our time was trapped within their own mind. 
    I was going to ask if anyone here had read it.  I've read the first 1/3rd or so, 3 or 4 times over the years, but never made it past that.  And that was supposed to be his book which anyone could understand.   :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Awesome, tragic and beautiful at the same time. Extraordinary to say the least. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • nolaegghead
    Event horizons are incompatible with quantum theory, and Stephan has been haunted by this for years.  I think he revised his theory later on.
    If God is real it’s going to be awkward if they meet. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    CTMike said:
    I wouldn’t describe him as trapped.  He had some pretty big dreams, ones he was able to share with the world.  And we are all better off for it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike said:
    I’m sure I’m going to hell for this, but my twisted bubblehead sense of humor couldn’t resist:

And who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor?!?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    @CTMike you sir are a SAVAGE