Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Run

Options
1234568»

Comments

• gonepostal
    Options
    Nice haul. It's crazy how my interests have changed through the years but right now i get as big a kick out of chasing down the wagyu guys at the markets or local farmers selling prime beef and pork as i do anything. Like we've talked about before...i don't have your quality here...but it's getting better. I have a new farmer opening a store 5 mins from the house that will have his own beef, pork, and lamb. I've tried some of the product. Good stuff. Not wagyu but good stuff. And cheaper! 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Took one of the ribeyes for a spin last night. Was very buttery. I do tend to like the grainy cuts with wagyu but this was one of the best ribeyes I’ve ever had. 

Hard sear 2 min per side over ripping hot open dome bge then shut down for indirect finish with oak chunk at 275-300. Pulled at 132. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,848
    Options
    That looks horrible.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That looks horrible.
    It was. 
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    When you say "shut down" did you close the top and bottom vents?  I thought that left a bad taste when you snuff the fire like that??   Looks incredible!
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    GoooDawgs said:
    When you say "shut down" did you close the top and bottom vents?  I thought that left a bad taste when you snuff the fire like that??   Looks incredible!
    I didnt shut it all the way down. Just shut the vents enough to get to 250-300. Took like 10-15 min.