Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

GA-AL Redux

bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,510
BS got the last one sunk. Football bitches. 
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,510
    edited January 7
    Go Dawgs!
    This not a contest site and there are no bogus giveaways. It’s about enjoying the buildup to the big game and why UCF isn’t in the conversation. Football. 
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,675
    Well they might not be The Dawgs but at least they are Dawgs. Go Georgia!
    I think it’s even odds. 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,275
    There should be 8 teams in the playoffs.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,709
    Eight and a half

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,507
    What sportsball thing?
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,709
    DMW said:
    What sportsball thing?
    Foosball I think

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,705
    Bama will win, but I hope Georgia does.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Brent I apologize for posting a giveaway contest in your thread. I should not have done that within a thread you started. Shame on me. 
    Snellville, GA

• On a seperate note, there was nothing bogus about it. A simple fun way to give away $100. No harm meant. 
    Snellville, GA

• And to say this is not a contest site? I agree that’s not what this site “is”. Didn’t you just win a table on this site in a contest? 
    Snellville, GA

• And to anyone else who I offended I apologize to you as well. Lesson learned. 
    Snellville, GA

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,705
    Im offended.  If you send me $100, I will no longer be offended 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,675
    Just to get us back on topic Flush the Tide!
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,435
    edited January 7
    bgebrent said:
    This not a contest site and there are no bogus giveaways. It’s about enjoying the buildup to the big game and why UCF isn’t in the conversation. Football. 

Bogus giveaway? 
    Go Dawgs! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,005
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan I’d be glad to have $100.

Oh yeah I almost forgot.....

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    edited January 7
    Dawgs will win... Saban wil cry
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
    And to anyone else who I offended I apologize to you as well. Lesson learned. 
    No offense man, it’s all good. The contest business is what sunk the thread. Shouldn’t have but it did. No biggie. 
  • LitLit Posts: 6,894
    LOL
  • Eggdicted_DawgfanEggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,326
    edited January 8
    @Lit I am embarrassed for them. That is just terrible. If my Dawgs ever pulled a stunt like that I’m not sure I could pull for them again. You are NOT national champions until you have a national championship trophy to hoist in the air. This is just really sad. 
    Snellville, GA

They took it a little far but the college playoffs are a joke only taking 4 teams. 
  • distancemandistanceman Posts: 106
    Lit said:
    They took it a little far but the college playoffs are a joke only taking 4 teams. 
    I think they took it way too far--embarrassing to say the least. 

Surprisingly, even the AAC Commissioner is against expanding the playoffs, for the time being.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21996724/cfp-committee-unanimously-opposed-expanding-4-teams-now

Located Middle GA

Current: XL w/ Woo & 17" Half Moon Plates, SMOBOT

RIP: Weber 22" Kettle, Slow 'n Sear, Akorn Jr., Pit Barrel Cooker
    Lit said:
    I think they took it way too far--embarrassing to say the least. 

Surprisingly, even the AAC Commissioner is against expanding the playoffs, for the time being.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21996724/cfp-committee-unanimously-opposed-expanding-4-teams-now

It’s stupid there are so many college teams and to take only 4? There are only 32 NFL teams and 12 get in it doesn’t make any sense. 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,613
    Line on the game is Alabama by four.  I think everyone and their cousin in Georgia should take that as an insult.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

This is a home game for a hungry Georgia team. Freshman qb is my concern despite his performance thus far. Should be a good game. 
  • jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,152
    I like 6 teams for the playoff. Top 2 teams get a bye. I’m afraid if you expand it more than that, the regular season becomes somewhat irrelevant. And the “every game matters” is a big part of what makes NCAA football great. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 4 dogs, five cats. One overworked vacuum cleaner.
  • etherdomeetherdome Posts: 283
    Let’s not forget that there were no playoffs at all 4 years ago. Baby steps. It’s a step in the right direction. Before they can add another round to the playoffs they will have to convince teams to drop one or two of their fluff games. These are college kids and it is in no ones best interest to extend the season.  
    UCF should have no problem finding a fluff game or two to drop.... =). Sorry , I couldn’t resist . 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE
    8 would be ideal. Time and schedule doesn’t allow unfortunately.