Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GA-AL Redux

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I like both teams so no real bias. I’ll give you the punched QB and didn’t see the horsecollar but that wasn’t a clothesline. He had the guys shirt and spun him when he threw him down. Thats not a clothesline. And the punt block was gonna be called back, it was either offsides or a false start. Either way it is replayed. Ref just plain missed the facemask. 

Little Rock, AR

• etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Ok...... thanks?
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • etherdome
    Options
    If I’m not mistaken, if it was a false start , which it was , penalty is declined and we have ourselves a blocked punt? Am I wrong?
    Upstate SC
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think false start is dead ball, not a free play like encroachment.
  • etherdome
    Options
    Yeah I’m not sure . If that’s the case I feel a little better about it. 
    Upstate SC
  • Legume
    Options
    And with no dog in the fight other than disliking dynasties in general, it wasn’t one play or call.  GA didn’t just lose the second half by what they won the first, they also lost their momentum and that killed them.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Two freshman QB’s battling it out for the championship, wow. 
    Great game. That Bama kicker has a future.....selling insurance or used cars LOL. 

Jacksonville FL
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Game was about 6 mins too long
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Savan proved why he is one of the best coaches of all time by switching QB after half
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • etherdome
    Options
    I am proud that my dawgs were a part of it. 
    Upstate SC
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    etherdome said:
    If I’m not mistaken, if it was a false start , which it was , penalty is declined and we have ourselves a blocked punt? Am I wrong?
    A false start is a dead ball and the play is immediately stopped. No chance to decline. But what a great game. That bama qb seems like a humble kid, too. Two great freshman qb’s setting great examples. Congrats on a great season. 

Little Rock, AR

• etherdome
    Options
    Upstate SC
  • etherdome
    Options
    Gotcha. 
    Upstate SC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    This year was a great National Championship. I guess Bama plays UCF next Monday?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    This year was a great National Championship. I guess Bama plays UCF next Monday?
    Wait. UCF already had the parade, right?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Wait. UCF already had the parade, right?
    We settled this back in 2000

• Salmonegg
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    Is it just me, or has this game been pretty boring so far?
    A Big 10 team would make it more exciting
    Too bad the B1G team that rose to the challenge was wearing stripes. It's a shame Delany had to send those guys down to mug for the camera and crap on the championship just because tOSU's feelings got hurt.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Make sure you check on your uga friends today. They are on suicide watch...
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Check out this video of Penn State winning the 1982 Championship. Deja Vu. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCCYuXM4VOk
  • etherdome
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Make sure you check on your uga friends today. They are on suicide watch...
    Ha ha. Not true. I/ we were just happy to be there.  The ones who go on suicide watch are fans of teams like Bama who lose when they truly believe in their hearts they have the god given right to be there every year. With a little luck we will be in that category one day. Then you can worry about us when we lose the big one. 
    Upstate SC
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yeah looks like you Dawgs fans have nothing to be ashamed of.  They played great last night and had a stellar season.  A little better than other programs in the State.
    http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/geot-m-footbl-sched.html

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    You are making yourself look ignorant again @DoubleEgger. You are getting good at this. The Dawgs were a 35:1 underdog to win the NC to start the year. We took bama to overtime with a true freshman QB in the NC game. Do you really think we have anything to be on suicide watch about. My guess is any tech fan would have loved to be in the situation we were in last night. Sounds like that 35-7 spanking we gave you guys for thanksgiving is still hurting a bit. But it’s ok keep posting your ignorance that you have been hoping to post for the past weeks when you hoped we would lose to auburn and OK. At least the Dawgs can say we made it to the NC game. Did your boys even win their bowl game? 
    Snellville, GA

• Legume
    Options
    Dobie said:

Great game. That Bama kicker has a future.....selling insurance or used cars LOL. 

He’ll have to move out of state to be able to sell anything.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    It’s no secret the biggest thing a tech fan has to look forward to each year is a Dawgs loss. Fortunately the majority of them don’t act like this guy though. 
    Snellville, GA

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    You are making yourself look ignorant again @DoubleEgger. You are getting good at this. The Dawgs were a 35:1 underdog to win the NC to start the year. We took bama to overtime with a true freshman QB in the NC game. Do you really think we have anything to be on suicide watch about. My guess is any tech fan would have loved to be in the situation we were in last night. Sounds like that 35-7 spanking we gave you guys for thanksgiving is still hurting a bit. But it’s ok keep posting your ignorance that you have been hoping to post for the past weeks when you hoped we would lose to auburn and OK. At least the Dawgs can say we made it to the NC game. Did your boys even win their bowl game? 
    FWIW, I root for georgia to lose every week. Nobody including yourself cares that you made to the championship game. Win or go home. 

• DoubleEgger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That's the coolest sign I've ever read.
    Indeed it is Nola. I guess “laugh” means “salty butthurt” from Dawgfan 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Ooops 

Snellville, GA

• Legume
    Options
    FWIW, I root for georgia to lose every week. Nobody including yourself cares that you made to the championship game. Win or go home. 

So how do these things get settled in Georgia?  Do y’all have a monster truck battle or something?
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Looking for Nola to hold you hand? 
    Snellville, GA