Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE paying dividends. My kids cooked me the best dinner ever.

Options
2»

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    You are blessed! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,859
    Options
    Thanks all.  And @caliking is correct.  My son is the workhorse in the family.  Although my daughter did 90% of the work on this meal.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Smokeydawg
    Options
    Outstanding looking meal! 
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Smokeydawg.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I bet you were grinning from ear to ear all evening!!
    Truly an amazing evening with family and friends.
    Nicely done sir!! B)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Outstanding... you have done a great job planting that cooking seed in them... enjoy the rewards!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    After getting over the fact you passed only a few miles from the house. Let me just say (directed to your children) 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Hotch - yes I was unable to suppress my smile all night - not that I tried.

Thanks @JohnnyTarheel.

Thank you @northGAcock, I didn't realize I was that close to your place on one (or both) of my drives.  But if I stopped at your place I would have missed this meal.  

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    Tell them I get back from a business trip next Tuesday. I'll send them my address.

Props to them (and to you) for the wonderful meal. 
    @GrateEggspectations, unfortunately my daughter returns to law school Tuesday morning.  Otherwise I'd be happy to rent them out - if the price were right.

San Antonio, TX

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Top tier post all around.
    Family time well spent.  :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    What a nice thing to come home to. Great kids and a perfect looking meal. 
    Snellville, GA

• Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @Focker and @Eggdicted_Dawgfan.  It was indeed great family time.  

San Antonio, TX

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    You are one blessed Dad!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Their skills ON POINT! It would seem they kinda like you Pops :wink:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Wow, I would love to come home to a spread like that! You taught them well, enjoy the family time.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Very awesome, my son is just starting to show interest in cooking so I hope he gets to this level some day. Great family you have and sounds like you raised them right!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I am in awe. This great post gives me hope for my own kid. I would just about keel over if he ever did anything like this for me.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options

These kids are something special. Both great ones. 
    I (we) have met their parents. They certainly get their endearing qualities from mom. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Did they do the dishes too?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    VERY NICE !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Okay you can go ahead and write the will.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thank you @Brisket_Fanatic and @Florida Grillin Girl.  Good luck with your kids.  However, I'm probably an example of better of lucky than good.  

Thanks @caliking.  You're perspective is always appreciated.  

@THEBuckeye, my wife and I were so pleased that we jumped up from dinner and started doing the dishes.  We wanted to make sure this behavior was very positively reinforced.  

Thanks @NDG.

@Gulfcoastguy, that's a great point.  I may just do that.  They passed the test.  

San Antonio, TX