Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Hurricane Irma? OT

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wind which was real moving out. Some more rain ahead. Light have flickered a good bit but remain on. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Power out at Meridian Mark Children's Surgery Center. Normal start time still anticipated. Wild. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Power out at Meridian Mark Children's Surgery Center. Normal start time still anticipated. Wild. 
    Wait!  You're actually planning to work tomorrow?!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I cancelled tomorrow's surgeries for a variety of reasons. Worked today and am exhausted. Surgeries were not at Children's. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    I cancelled tomorrow's surgeries for a variety of reasons. Worked today and am exhausted. Surgeries were not at Children's. 
    So to summarize:

you allegedly worked in tropical storm conditions today, but you cancelled on the poor kids. 

I made carpet all day for all races, creeds, ethnicities, ages and orientations. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    So to summarize:

you allegedly worked in tropical storm conditions today, but you cancelled on the poor kids. 

I made carpet all day for all races, creeds, ethnicities, ages and orientations. 
    Saw all races creeds and religions today. Last office open in the building. Operated on kids last week. More than half of tomorrow's schedule self cancelled. The others chose to reschedule. I'd have operated. It's a non event that people freak out over. It's all good. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Good news is Irma's moving out. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    So to summarize:

Yeah, but carpet. I slung a few bean bags in 84 degree weather today as well. The struggle is real my friend. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Good news is Irma's moving out. 
    It's still pretty windy here. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,482
    Options
    @bgebrent- glad you were pretty much spared the brunt of the storm.  Hope lake palace and yacht survived unscathed as well.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    So to summarize:

Yeah, but carpet. I slung a few bean bags in 84 degree weather today as well. The struggle is real my friend. 
    One: I was fûcking with Brent. He knows it. 

Two: it's a lot more complicated than you think. I'd invite you to come visit our manufacturing should you ever find yourself in NWGA. 

Don't think I've ever called you out for selling garments. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,978
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    So to summarize:

Two: it's a lot more complicated than you think. I'd invite you to come visit our manufacturing should you ever find yourself in NWGA. 

No dude- i was just being smartass! I do actually work in the illustrious  bean bag industry now and was making fun of me. I was was also effing with Brent too by saying we work in carpet and bean bags as he saves kids lives. Sorry if that came off any other way- 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    So to summarize:

No dude- i was just being smartass! I do actually work in the illustrious  bean bag industry now and was making fun of me. I was was also effing with Brent too by saying we work in carpet and bean bags as he saves kids lives. Sorry if that came off any other way- 
    My bad then 

I'd still give you a tour. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jason- Ive been in textiles my whole life- including carpet. Say the word and I'll delete the whole thing- was saying "hell yes you were working today" because you make carpet, I would never take a poke at anyone's line of work! 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    So to summarize:

My bad then 

I'd still give you a tour. 
    I'l take it. I've been in many carpet mills- needlepunch and woven. I've distributed carpet in TX for Guilford Mills, Dorsett Mills and FOSS. I've sold millions of yards of carpet in my life!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jason- Ive been in textiles my whole life- including carpet. Say the word and I'll delete the whole thing- was saying "hell yes you were working today" because you make carpet, I would never take a poke at anyone's line of work! 
    PM sent. No worries. I'm an a$$hole for being thin skinned. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Dude- I felt horrible that came off the wrong way. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    It didn't.  He drankin in his garage at night again.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Dude- I felt horrible that came off the wrong way. 
    D-Wayne nailed it above.  No worries. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Just a regular old group of lint heads on here. 

Guess I fit right in. 

You all using Van De Wiele's?  

Greensboro, NC
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Just a regular old group of lint heads on here. 

Guess I fit right in. 

You all using Van De Wiele's?  

Majority if carpet is made on tufting machines. Looms are used in rugs and very high end wool. Also, some commercial such as aviation. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Just reporting in since power here in Peach county Georgia has been restored.
    Son called after the storm had passed and said the house and egg were fine but a section of fence I had planned to replace was down. No power at the house but homes around us are ok. Waiting until early tomorrow morning to make the drive down. Our egging neighbor left here this morning at 4:30 am and is past Lake City Fl already. Will report back when we get home, if we have power and internet. Thanks for looking.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Today is free smoking wood day in Georgia. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent- glad you were pretty much spared the brunt of the storm.  Hope lake palace and yacht survived unscathed as well.  

Thanks Cap!  @DoubleEgger checked up on the place and skiff. All is well. 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker @theyolksonyou I knew we had at least 2 carpet munchers here. :smiley:
    I'd like to be included on this list even though I'm not a professional.  ;)
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    The dead tree is upright, but a little shorter. 

Landed harmlessly in the driveway. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    We are getting rain for the next 36 hours.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky