Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chocolate Bacon Oatmeal Cookies

Yeah I thought that would get your attention!

Altered @Big_Green_Craig recipe a hair but pretty much the same. 

Oatmeal cookies with bacon. I added chocolate chips because this is America and I have the freedom to do such things. 

I also put Makers Mark in the glaze instead of water. Hashtag winning. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,215
    I am coming right down, save me one. Bringing my defibrillator.
    Winning for damn sure.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Looks great!
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,955

Heck yah!

Phoenix 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    Yum!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Be sure to tell tasters that they contain meat. :D

I recently made chocolate brownies that featured (extremely visible!!) crumbled bacon on top and later faced flack from a vegetarian who consumed one without realizing that it contained meat. 
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,075
    Recipe please
    Visalia, Ca
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• @GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations said:
    Be sure to tell tasters that they contain meat. :D

1) Nobody who ever stepped foot in my house would assume anything on the menu to be vegan or vegetarian. 

2) Absolutely not. I didn't choose that miserable lifestyle. I had a friend of my sister pull that $hit on me a few years ago. Came over and raised hell that I used bacon fat to cook cornbread. 

My response: "You are a grown a$$ adult who showed up to another person's home and demanded that I change my lifestyle choice to adhere to your 'lifestyle choice'.  There's a bag of celery in the crisper. Eat, starve, or get the F*** out of my house. I could care less either way."

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,317
    @GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations said:
    Be sure to tell tasters that they contain meat. :D

1) Nobody who ever stepped foot in my house would assume anything on the menu to be vegan or vegetarian. 

2) Absolutely not. I didn't choose that miserable lifestyle. I had a friend of my sister pull that $hit on me a few years ago. Came over and raised hell that I used bacon fat to cook cornbread. 

My response: "You are a grown a$$ adult who showed up to another person's home and demanded that I change my lifestyle choice to adhere to your 'lifestyle choice'.  There's a bag of celery in the crisper. Eat, starve, or get the F*** out of my house. I could care less either way."
    Too funny. Dude, you are holding back. You need to go ahead and get it out. 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    How do you really feel?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • @northGAcock @bgebrent

Let me tell ya about the time my wife tried hiding kale and ground turkey in my Meatloaf....

South of Nashville, TN

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,374
    @northGAcock @bgebrent

Let me tell ya about the time my wife tried hiding kale and ground turkey in my Meatloaf....
    Well.....standing by........
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,374
    BTW, cookies look awesome, about to screw up my diabetic diet!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,050
    @northGAcock @bgebrent

She said "eat it" and he said "yes ma'am". End of story!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• @shtgunal3 it's my old neighbor's favorite memory of us. We had been married a year and some change. I just came home from a deployment. 

He is grilling, my back door opens and he hears:

"This relationship is supposed to be built on trust!"

"Babe, it's just ground turkey"

"You lied to me. And kale!? This is bull$hit!"

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,882
    Hashtag idinhalethose
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• John Setzler did a version where he added grand marnier to the glaze. I'll try that next time. 
  • John Setzler did a version where he added grand marnier to the glaze. I'll try that next time. 
    @Big_Green_Craig I saw that and almost went that direction. 

All I had was triple sec so I shyed away but I think the orange would compliment it well since it's a lot of breakfast ingredients. 

South of Nashville, TN

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,856
    All I know is that if we ever show up at an egg gathering together, you'll have to cook me some of those or we won't be able to be friends.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Mother of God, those look fantastic. And that makers mark glaze...