Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

@nolaegghead... And friends

henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
Had the privilege of spending the 4th with Carey and Bridget. Unbelievable fun as always. Salt of the earth and good friends. Always generous and hospitable. I've met several good friends here. @hapster @travisstrick @Mickey @DMW @JohnInCarolina @fredflinstone @Hotch and the TX crew.... Too many to list. Go to eggfest, especially Salado, Butt Blast and Brisket Camp. Unbelievable good people here. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,113
    edited July 2017
    I too have broken bread with Carey and Bridget.  Good people right there!  Even for a long haired dirty hippie.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,886
    Got real close to your place in TN and your not home.
    The two people pictured are SUPER.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• HotchHotch Posts: 3,362
    All good people!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 28,206

• Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,113
    As usual Tony, we enjoyed your visit...we looked forward to it.  We had a some good times.  Drunken times sweating in the New Orleans heat, discussing politics and religion.  Smokin cigars, eating good food.... Laissez le bon temps rouler!!

We were surprised that you brought your boyfriend...we're totally ok with it, being open minded people, and that he's a doctor!  Impressive.  Maybe you can retire early!

Anyway, we haven't found anything you left behind (no pun intended) (you know, we looked for the usual - cell phone chargers, lubricants, etc.) except a half case of mineral water..and a magazine... "Stud Puppy" ...whatever that is, that guy on the cover looks like he's from the Village People!  We thought that was funny!

Anyway, definitely looking forward to you coming back for Brisket Camp Quatre.  (that means "Four" in French-speak)

PS - hope your "man-bear-cave" feels better!!

Brisket Camp Quarter you mean.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    Great stuff with good friends.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,183
    Good peeps here!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,855
    caliking said:
    I'm not sure what surprises me more:
    1. Nola has friends
    2. You have friends 

I vaguely remember a redneck from TN...
    Mutual pity is their bond. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,214
    Best of folks. You have to look far and wide for better, and it would be time and effort wasted.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,242
    @nolaegghead is alright I guess.still hasn't returned my text from last week. But the those folks from that city don't ever get in a hurry. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    texaswig said:
    @nolaegghead is alright I guess.still hasn't returned my text from last week. But the those folks from that city don't ever get in a hurry. 

But you have the bad mother van.. Geez
    I did forget @cazzy... He's ok for a young guy
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,069
    Nice to see you posting @henapple
    Visalia, Ca
  • SGHSGH Posts: 25,185
    henapple said:
    Unc, you forgot your favorite nephew as well. I'm really hurt.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    SGH said:
    henapple said:
    Unc, you forgot your favorite nephew as well. I'm really hurt.  
    I'm sure that's just Tony being passive-aggressive about you not showing up that one year at Salado.  He'll get over it.  ;)

@SGH... Dont be an anus. You know that I love you. 
  • FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 837
    edited July 2017
    Nice work on the dining room table.

Are those steak knives or Italian switchblades?
    Gittin' there...

Laguiole

• Nice work on the dining room table.

Laguiole

Nice!

This is going in the RV.  B)

http://www.garrettwade.com/laguiole-le-fidele-knife.html?scid=W4011000&mkwid=sBCvRjatF&crid=171102150941&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&pdv=m&&gclid=CP6bn5TV99QCFQSOaQodwSUNkg
    Gittin' there...

Laguiole

Nice!

http://www.garrettwade.com/laguiole-le-fidele-knife.html?scid=W4011000&mkwid=sBCvRjatF&crid=171102150941&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&pdv=m&&gclid=CP6bn5TV99QCFQSOaQodwSUNkg
    That's beautiful

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 13,560

Laguiole

Nice!

That's beautiful
    This is right up @YukonRon's alley. 
  • EoinEoin Posts: 2,025

Laguiole

Nice!

I have a set of Laguiole cuttlery in my camper van.