Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still My Nemesis

1679111215

Comments

  • holy smokes. I get drunk on a plane and this happens! This has been fantastic. On a Monday no less. But then again I have had a pretty wild two weeks. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I feel like a douche just for reading all this.  Good thing i had a stogie and whisky while reading this. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    I feel like a douche just for reading all this.  Good thing i had a stogie and whisky while reading this. 
    I hear ya, it is getting weak.
    We need more cazzy.
    My 6 yr old nephew can rip me better than the hb egg critic.  Lol
    Focker said:
    cazzy said:
    Focker said:
    I would bet a properly smoked brisket you wouldn't have the balls to say that to my face.

    Now keep typing, and not posting pics brother.

    Oh internet tough guy...now you want to fight cause I called you a b!tch?  You dish it out non stop, and now you're just as moist as my flat!


    Not that I really care, but isn't the Internet tough guy the coward that would never back up their incendiary words in person rather than the guy who would???? Just some critical thinking. 
    Threats to back stuff up in person are pretty friggin weak sauce in this context.  
    What are you talking about.  If you call someone an internet tough guy and you are equally engaged in a confrontation, it seems reasonable to me that the real internet toughen guy is the one who would only engage in said confrontation over the net. Doesn't matter to me , but it's the truth. It's like 13to girls who talk behind their peers back but deny it to their face. Fwiw, you do not strike me as one of those guys. I bet you speak your mind regardless. Maybe I'm wrong. It is possible. 
    Pete, saying to someone who lives about 1000 miles away from you "I bet you wouldn't say that to me in person" is kind of silly, you see?  It's not as though Cazzy lives right down the street.
    No, but I guarantee the coward does not have the balls to say it at a fest.  Funny how you guys think I'm the tough guy.  Pull them out of this John.  Actually, none of the Butt Blasters have the balls to say the things they say here in person.  That is why you say it....makes you feel gooood.

    Case in point.  Matt. Lol
    And you.
    And Double Egger.
    Aww... you're so tough and strong. I bet all the Aldi cashiers want your number. 




    He couldn't get laid in a monkey whorehouse if he were carrying a sack of bananas. 

    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    This is what I imagine nailing a brisket feels like.  I've never done it, but this is my hope.

    Definite holy grail material, JIC gets this 9 out of 10 times.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    Congratulations @Durangler, you're brisket was on point, best yet IMO.
    Thank you .. I withheld the "draping over the knife image"  ;)
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    A snowstorm in July.
    Trump as POTUS.
    Hell has officially, frozen over.  =)=)=)

    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Focker said:
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Knife drape, reluctantly. 


    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,678
    edited July 2017
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Knife drape, reluctantly. 


    That looks like it was pretty special man.  Nicely done.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,046
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Knife drape, reluctantly. 


    That looks like it was pretty special man.  Nicely done.
    Killer looking prime rib. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Focker said:
    I feel like a douche just for reading all this.  Good thing i had a stogie and whisky while reading this. 
    I hear ya, it is getting weak.
    We need more cazzy.
    My 6 yr old nephew can rip me better than the hb egg critic.  Lol
    Focker said:
    cazzy said:
    Focker said:
    I would bet a properly smoked brisket you wouldn't have the balls to say that to my face.

    Now keep typing, and not posting pics brother.

    Oh internet tough guy...now you want to fight cause I called you a b!tch?  You dish it out non stop, and now you're just as moist as my flat!


    Not that I really care, but isn't the Internet tough guy the coward that would never back up their incendiary words in person rather than the guy who would???? Just some critical thinking. 
    Threats to back stuff up in person are pretty friggin weak sauce in this context.  
    What are you talking about.  If you call someone an internet tough guy and you are equally engaged in a confrontation, it seems reasonable to me that the real internet toughen guy is the one who would only engage in said confrontation over the net. Doesn't matter to me , but it's the truth. It's like 13to girls who talk behind their peers back but deny it to their face. Fwiw, you do not strike me as one of those guys. I bet you speak your mind regardless. Maybe I'm wrong. It is possible. 
    Pete, saying to someone who lives about 1000 miles away from you "I bet you wouldn't say that to me in person" is kind of silly, you see?  It's not as though Cazzy lives right down the street.
    No, but I guarantee the coward does not have the balls to say it at a fest.  Funny how you guys think I'm the tough guy.  Pull them out of this John.  Actually, none of the Butt Blasters have the balls to say the things they say here in person.  That is why you say it....makes you feel gooood.

    Case in point.  Matt. Lol
    And you.
    And Double Egger.
    Aww... you're so tough and strong. I bet all the Aldi cashiers want your number. 




    He couldn't get laid in a monkey whorehouse if he were carrying a sack of bananas. 

    Agreed, this place needs more cazzy. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    This thread has to be a joke, right? Hilarious. 
    *******
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    jlsm said:
    This thread has to be a joke, right? Hilarious. 
    I know right. That boiled egg looked like it was sawed with a chainsaw,  huh?
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    In the case of Focker on the eggheadforum, Ron...............you are the father.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    jlsm said:
    This thread has to be a joke, right? Hilarious. 
    Yeah, it kind of "snow-balled".
    Many more thongs in a knot than anticipated.
    Boot leather brisket is serious stuff.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Knife drape, reluctantly. 


    The brisket gods themselves couldn't produce a pic like this.....looks great man.

    You are the undisputed winner, no doubt.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited July 2017
    Old man Shun is rolling in his grave seeing that picture. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Someone could have bit that egg and produced a cleaner cut. You focking perfectionist.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more @cazzy.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Someone could have bit that egg and produced a cleaner cut. You focking perfectionist.  
    You must be the kind of guy that worries about the horse going blind instead of just loading the cart. Too bad. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Focker said:
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Knife drape, reluctantly. 


    The brisket gods themselves couldn't produce a pic like this.....looks great man.

    You are the undisputed winner, no doubt.
    Thank you ... That was my 3rd brisket effort. It was very good. 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,454
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    Durangler said:
    Focker said:
    In order to win the grand prize, for documenting and determining the perfect brisket, we're gonna need to see this pic.  As you know, from the brisket gods, it's the best indicator.  ;)
    It has to be on "cazzy's knife" too, or it's automatically DQ'd.
    Knife drape, reluctantly. 


    The brisket gods themselves couldn't produce a pic like this.....looks great man.

    You are the undisputed winner, no doubt.
    Thank you ... That was my 3rd brisket effort. It was very good. 
    You should just quit now, obviously!  Lol
    Yeah, don't hose up 9 more till you get a good one. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    I'd even take a proper chuck over a perfect brisket any day of the week.  With taters, ernyins, and carrots, even it, goes far beyond one dimension.

    It's never too late to quit.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,454
    Focker said:
    I'd even take a proper chuck over a perfect brisket any day of the week.

    It's never too late to quit.
    Sometimes quitting is overdue though
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Focker said:
    I'd even take a proper chuck over a perfect brisket any day of the week.

    It's never too late to quit.
    Sometimes quitting is overdue though
    You definitely cannot say I didn't try.
    My developing palate pushed me onward and upward.

    That's the best thing you've said, this entire thread. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    The only cut that trumps a boot brisket, is the everloving, overrated, tenderloin.  

    It's not completely rock bottom, so there's that, going for it.  You guys will see, some day, if you chose not to stagnate.  I'm just trying to help speed that up.

    If you have to buy a $200 SRF to increase your odds, and even that's not a guarantee, there are beating your head on the brisket wall issues.  Defending that, is hilarious.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

    Come on now, let's be serious, does this even look good to you?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,759
    So, where do beef ribs fall in this vortex?

    XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

    San Antonio, TX

  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Foghorn said:
    So, where do beef ribs fall in this vortex?
    I like both beef ribs and chuck roast better than brisket. I like the higher fat content in general though. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,678
    Focker said:
    The only cut that trumps a boot brisket, is the everloving, overrated, tenderloin.  

    It's not completely rock bottom, so there's that, going for it.  You guys will see, some day, if you chose not to stagnate.  I'm just trying to help speed that up.

    If you have to buy a $200 SRF to increase your odds, and even that's not a guarantee, there are beating your head on the brisket wall issues.  Defending that, is hilarious.
    If you could troll a little harder or smarter, that would make this more fun.  Maybe check out some YouTube comments for tips or something.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike