Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Wild Yeast

1293031323335»

Comments

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 6,472
    Nice work y’all!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,040
    caliking said:
    Pain au bacon.  Because ya gotta do sumthin when you decide to cure 10lbs of bacon =)

Added red onion sautéed in bacon grease     . The bacon grease in the dough made a greater impact on the dough, IMO. The crumb has a lovely, velvety texture. 
    I officially hate you right now.  
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
    @caliking That’s just some genius right there. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 15,674
    Thanks @SciAggie @JohnInCarolina . This has been on my list for quite some time. Having surplus bacon was the right impetus :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    @caliking "surplus" bacon is a rare thing.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,169
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking "surplus" bacon is a rare thing.
    I jump on those big 10 lb boxes of bacon scraps left over from a slicing line.  Like a buck fifty a pound.  That's kind of "surplus". Otherwise, no such thing.

• FarmingPhDFarmingPhD Posts: 653
    Wild yeast only, impressive what it does overnight.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 15,674
    Things are getting feisty over there, @FarmingPhD :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmartyPantzSmartyPantz Posts: 145
    Here is a step by step walk through and recipe for my sourdough bread.  I am a novice, but this seems to work.  I borrowed everything from Joshua Weissman - so I gotta give credit where credit is due.  ENJOY!

When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 758

NPHuskerFL - what loge pan are you baking with?
    girbim  - What is the red dish you are baking in?

Thank you - MrToad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil 
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,720
    mr toad said:

NPHuskerFL - what loge pan are you baking with?
    girbim  - What is the red dish you are baking in?

Thank you - MrToad
    I haven’t seen @NPHuskerFL here in a long time @mr toad but I asked the same question a while ago and I believe it is a Challenger Bakeware.

Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon