Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone know about "Covfefe" ?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,869
    paqman said:
    This is worth watching 

https://youtu.be/pIBNqP9nZM8
    We will lose some really good people for sure. I don't know of anyone moving yet, but there's still a lot of uncertainty around research budgets beyond this year.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,723
    paqman said:
    This is worth watching 

https://youtu.be/pIBNqP9nZM8
    We will lose some really good people for sure. I don't know of anyone moving yet, but there's still a lot of uncertainty around research budgets beyond this year.
    A friend of mine got a "talent" visa within a day and is moving in a month.  They are serious about it.

Covfefe, seven letters.
    Harambe, seven letters.  Hmmm.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,600
    edited June 2017
    How the hell is this thread still around? 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,723
    B is on vacation 

HRC is the buffalo?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DoubleEgger
    I guess it's just the magic of covfefe...
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,967
    So, is France immigration friendly now?
    Not a felon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I guess it's just the magic of covfefe...
    Covfefe is powerful stuff but it has a short half life. I'd give it a few more hours at best before this thread fades away.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• It's obvious there's two schools of thought here.  Those that want public $ to subsidize green energy and those that don't.  IMO, it must be feasible to stand on its own without a pipeline of federal $ propping it up.  Emotional appeals to save the planet through green energy means the proponents of green energy can't make it work economically.  Done tussling with you fellas.
    Thankfully, we did invest public $ in the technology, and it is working out economically.  That's why the renewable energy sector and jobs are taking off.  

Thanks for your incredibly informed contributions to the discussion, as always, Fred. 
    Yeah, you're right John-Boy.  Government rebates, tax credits and other incentives don't mean jack squat!  Of course the economics work when the government subsidizes it.   Your grasp of economics is stellar.

You said you were "done tussling" Fred.  You do this all the time, by the way.  You declare that you're done and then drop back in.  So, which is it this time?  Are you still discussing or are you done tussling?
    Quit tasking me, John.  When the "last word" is you praising government subsidies as successful economics, how can I let that stand?
    Flint, Michigan
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Don't let the door hitcha!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,967
    edited June 2017

Dan Bodansky, a law professor at Arizona State University and a leading climate change expert, explained that Trump could get the U.S. out of the Paris Agreement two different ways: withdrawing from the Paris Agreement itself or leaving the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).

The text of Paris Agreement allows for countries to provide a year’s notice of its intent to withdraw. But this notice cannot be submitted until three years after the agreement entered into force for that country, which happened in November 2016.

“Whether the U.S. decides to pull out or not, under international law and the Paris Agreement, the withdrawal would not be effective until 2020,” Bodansky told Yahoo News.

Edit - clipped from the interwebs, so, could be fake.

Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited June 2017
    It's obvious there's two schools of thought here.  Those that want public $ to subsidize green energy and those that don't.  IMO, it must be feasible to stand on its own without a pipeline of federal $ propping it up.  Emotional appeals to save the planet through green energy means the proponents of green energy can't make it work economically.  Done tussling with you fellas.
    Thankfully, we did invest public $ in the technology, and it is working out economically.  That's why the renewable energy sector and jobs are taking off.  

Thanks for your incredibly informed contributions to the discussion, as always, Fred. 
    Yeah, you're right John-Boy.  Government rebates, tax credits and other incentives don't mean jack squat!  Of course the economics work when the government subsidizes it.   Your grasp of economics is stellar.

You said you were "done tussling" Fred.  You do this all the time, by the way.  You declare that you're done and then drop back in.  So, which is it this time?  Are you still discussing or are you done tussling?
    Quit tasking me, John.  When the "last word" is you praising government subsidies as successful economics, how can I let that stand?
    Which energy sectors aren't subsidized by the government Fred? Are they all unsuccessful?

What about your place of work?  Are you unsuccessful because your life is government subsidized?

If your definition of success in this space is being free of government subsidy, then we're discussing ideology and not economics.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    To international experts?  Always.  They're not idiots.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Lot of folks talking about it today.  I don't have any idea what it's about.  
    John, that's the beauty of it. You have to keep in mind that Honest Donald is an absolute genius. His intelligence level far, far exceeds that of most. He is beyond brilliant to say the very least. 
    Think about it for a moment. With one simple word; "covfefe", he has every left wing liberal nut out there pulling their hair out. It's part of his plan to keep them guessing. This is simply brilliant  on his part. A true Master Mind at work. 
    If one word has the whole world flipped upside down, I can't wait to see what happens when Trump drops a whole sentence on them. Get'em Trump!!!'

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    John, that's the beauty of it. You have to keep in mind that Honest Donald is an absolute genius. His intelligence level far, far exceeds that of most. 
    I'm sure that his intelligence level far far exceeded that of the people who voted for him, I'll give you that.
  • DoubleEgger
    SGH said:
    John, that's the beauty of it. You have to keep in mind that Honest Donald is an absolute genius. His intelligence level far, far exceeds that of most. 
    I'm sure that his intelligence level far far exceeded that of the people who voted for him, I'll give you that.
    Yeah all the smart people voted for the crook. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SGH said:
    Just admit it brother, Trump is almost a God.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MysteryEgg
    MysteryEgg Posts: 10
    edited June 2017
    Wow! People getting news from a BBQ Forum. Now that's rich!  The Party of LOVE sure harbors a lot of hate. It's obviously the party of the Hollywood elitists, misguided activists,  & anybody that denounces God. Furthermore, is ill toward anybody that opposes their agenda. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    That vote looks smarter every week, doesn't it?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Legume said:
    How's that working for them?  Let's ask the dead folks. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Just admit it brother, Trump is almost a God.  
    Closer to a legend in his own mind, tbh
  • DoubleEgger
    SGH said:
    Not a chance. I'll take an bumbling moron over a crook any day. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:
    Yeah tons of terror activities being conducted by internationally acclaimed scientists, obviously.  
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    SGH said:
    I think you got both for the low low price of one vote - congrats.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited June 2017
    SGH said:
    Bumbling moron, con man, habitual liar, serial assaulter of women, Russian stooge, on and on.
  • Spaightlabs
    Whatya suppose the unintended consequences of El Capitan Covfefe's withdrawal from the Paris Accord will be?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Legume said:
    Yeah tons of terror activities being conducted by internationally acclaimed scientists, obviously.  
    Building bombs is science, dammit!  The non-scientists blow themselves up during construction. 
  • Spaightlabs
    SGH said:
    Bumbling moron, con man, habitual liar, serial assaulter of women, Russian stooge, on and on.
    A true man for all seasons.