Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My egg wasn't big enough

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So for our annual Memorial Day weekend, I brought home our PR-72T. It usually resides off site due to my not having a larger garage.

Around midnight Friday night got things started. 90# of Kingsford Professional briquettes and some oak chunks for smoke.

Got temps around 235-250*, temps vary in a cooker this size, and put a 14.9# SRF black grade brisket on. Not sure exactly how much I trimmed off before apply the rub.

This was about 1:30AM Sat and got some sleep until morning when I added some additional protein.

Left to right, pork belly cubes, pork belly slab, STL spare ribs, brisket. I didn't like the bark there on the brisket towards the flat end. Added a bit more rub, but it never did get right in that spot. Not sure what happened.

After the belly slab was on for about 4 hours I cubed it up.

I wanted to try pork belly burnt ends prepared differently side by side. These went in a foiled pan with additional rub and brown sugar sprinkled on. The other burnt ends I started also went in a foiled pan of their own.

Ribs finished way early, 2 of the slabs not even 4 hours. Brisket took about 14 hours to finish up. This freed up some room for apps.

Not much else to say, but here's the results.

Pig shot:

Someone attending brought a big tray of stuffed mushrooms we put on. These were pretty amazing. He said they were mostly a recipe from Pioneer Woman.

It became difficult to get pics, as the crowd had gathered and were swarming as food came off.

Pineapple gems:

Spares:

Pork belly burnt ends that started cubed:

Pork belly burnt ends that started out as a slab. I did sauce these as well and put them back in uncovered for about 45 minutes:

And the brisket:

There were plenty of sides and desserts, but I have learned not to try to cook everything when cooking for 50. Didn't get pics of the rest as my pic taking skills began slipping.

I asked the guests to at least try one of each style pork belly burnt end and let me know which they preferred. I didn't do an official tally of results, but there was no consistent winner, everyone like both and about half liked the dry style that started better, half the other. No one said either one sucked. Personally, I think I liked the extra bark on the pre-cubed ones.

The brisket turned out nice, as most SRF briskets do. It wasn't my best due to the bark issues above, but certainly passed as edible. 

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend, and take some time to remember what Memorial Day is in remembrance of.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments