Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ALERT!! ALERT!!! 3RD ANNUAL NEW ORLEANS BRISKET CAMP OCT 22ND 2016!!!

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @YukonRon - Thanks so much for the generous donation Ron!

I'm pretty sure Mark had a good time.
    Mark was impressed, to say the least. He is a damn fine cook, and he said, as I had expected, "These guys can really cook" huge compliment to all!
    He had a blast. Thank you so much. I would have been there, but we are still dealing with my MIL'S estate.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    hapster said:
    What did JIC do to make @DMW so happy??
    Probably told him he was kidding this whole time and he's actually voting for Trump...either that or he's administering a clandestine prostate exam. 
    Dwayne hates Trump, almost as much as he hates HRC.  Probably the exam.
    Options
    I'm not kidding about the broken ribs....  I'm catching up on yesterday's games.  I knew we forgot something.....the TeeVee.
    Options
    I'm not kidding about the broken ribs....  I'm catching up on yesterday's games.  I knew we forgot something.....the TeeVee.
    Sounds and looks like a great time for sure... Broken ribs suck..

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yesterday was one heck of a party.  Incredible food, awesome music, better people.  Hats off again to @nolaegghead for everything.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Nola here.  It is dark and cold where I am.  I vaguely recall some recent event which probably explains the broken ribs (pretty sure) and foot injury.

Oh well.  Nola out.
    I'm not surprised Nola, you were blind, bulletproof, and invisible for most of the night, but that super hero status eventually wears off. 

Many thanks to to you and Bridget for hosting such an awesome event, and I hope to make it again next year. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wornolaegghead said:
    @YukonRon - Thanks so much for the generous donation Ron!

I'm pretty sure Mark had a good time.
    Worth every painful breath for sure!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    hapster said:
    What did JIC do to make @DMW so happy??
    Probably told him he was kidding this whole time and he's actually voting for Trump...either that or he's administering a clandestine prostate exam. 
    Dwayne hates Trump, almost as much as he hates HRC.  Probably the exam.
    That was a little light hearted jab at both. But I do agree that it's probably the prostate exam. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @CTMike and @nolaegghead -  all above acknowledged, but nothing beats clean livin' and sheer desire to plan and deliver the goods.  The amount of effort to pull off something of the level of BC (I was alive when we made the transition to AD) is noteworthy.  @nolaegghead merits recognition for all it took to make it happen.
    Props to the supporting cast who also enhanced the eggsperience and had more fun than should be allowed with clothes on (@SGH excepted ;)  )
    I'm glad the documentation was SFW and everyone had a great time.
    Next year!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Also, another shout out to @SRFShane
    Agree. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Awesome time. Thank you @nolaegghead and Bridget. Great to meet everyone and put some faces to handles.  @SGH great job manning the Shirley.  Had a blast.
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Watch that scrapple friend, it's bad for your cholesterol. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Looks like an awesome time, did an Egg get used at all during this event? I saw a ton of meat go on a stick burner and the blackstone in use.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yes, we cooked the Travis boiled brisket on the large and the Pitt beef on the medium.
    edited October 2016
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Looks like an awesome time, did an Egg get used at all during this event? I saw a ton of meat go on a stick burner and the blackstone in use.
    Yes, a Large and Medium were used. Bacon, brisket, ribs, pit beef.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    feef706 said:
    DMW said:
    feef706 said:
    Yes, a Large and Medium were used. Bacon, brisket, ribs, pit beef.
    Ok sorry I must have missed the pics, I was just thinking how can this be!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    We got most of the crap put up.  Got reservations at Commander's Palace tonight.  I'm done **** cooking.  For now.
    Options
    I'd like to thank everyone who came, and some that didn't, that contributed .  We had a blast.  Took tomorrow off to recuperate.  I'll try to post some pictures at some point, although I don't have many, busy busy busy.

We're gonna do it next year.  This is usually the time I don't want to do it next year because all the work cleaning up SUCKS.  Fortunately @DMW and Zack helped and @FleurdeLirious did more than a normal mortal could with everything.
    Options
    Just rollled into the house and can't thank @nolaegghead enough for all the hard work on the event.  It was a blast and is even more so a must do next year.   It was great meeting everyone and it is great to get to know such a nice group of people.  
    I will say the 700 mile drive home was a little tougher than the one there (even with the Tumbling Wheels CD playing).  
    Thank you all, and I look forward to seeing everyone and even more next year.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    A new SGH seal of approval 

Grabem by the scrotum. Well, since you asked =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just got in the door after a long day of travel. I had an amazing time, listened to some outstanding live music, ate way too much fantastic food, and got to spend time with some wonderful people. Looking forward to next year. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Had a blast... still on the road, currently enjoying a crappy cup of coffee and stretching my legs for a few minutes. 

I've got pics in my camera that I'll try to get posted here in the next couple of days. 

Big thanks to everyone for making it a great event!

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    This and everyone showing off their rub exchange hauls are two of my favorite recurring posts each year. Kudos and congrats to everyone involved for pulling off such a cool event -- and living to tell about it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You guys are amazing!  Only wish I could keep up.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    Looks like a good time!
    VA Beach
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have photos I'll post.  Sorry if there are any repeats.
    Travis showing off that sick SRF brisket.  Didn't get a great angle but believe me and everyone else that it was ridiculous. 
    This was @sgh and @dmw working together to cook up @eggcelsior amazing vampire sausage.   
    Yeah there was quite a bit of it, and nothing was on that table for very long.  

Gotta give a shout out to the mascot of the weekend!and the view going home on the ferry was a nice one.  
    But there were some neighbors that really get into Halloween. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Treating @DMW and family at Commander's Palace right now...