Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 10 South MS River Fest

Options

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Hotch is already en route!  Who else is already on the way?!?!
    Scott shoot me a text when I can come over and off load the fryer and other stuff!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    I love the fact @hotch cooks everything with liquor. Wish I could be two places at once this weekend. 
  • Hotch
    Options
    Well got the pickup unloaded at Brother Grimm's place and Shelly wanted to try the Q at The Shed. We did. Nuff said about that. Now watching CNN report on shooting back in Dallas.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    I love the fact @hotch cooks everything with liquor. Wish I could be two places at once this weekend. 
    I also have a Bourbon BBQ sauce for the fried Bologna on Sunday! lol
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @caliking those rum shooter are crazy good. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Hotch I need to be your neighbor. You had me at deep fried cake. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I made a quadruple batch of bourbon slushies tonight. 3.5 liters of makers mark went into it. That should leaves us with some great stories.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I made a quadruple batch of bourbon slushies tonight. 3.5 liters of makers mark went into it. That should leaves us with some great stories.
    Scott, you're killing me!  Y'all are gonna have a great time!  Look forward to the pics.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I'm looking more and more forward to this party.

Spring "Almost On The Road Again" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options

Spring Texas USA

That's good.   Because it sounds like not a lot of people are going to remember much of it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Spring Texas USA

That's good.   Because it sounds like not a lot of people are going to remember much of it.
    Makers Mark bourbon slushies?  Don't count on the Chicken to remember anything!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    All the best to you all. Wish I was traveling that way myself. Fairways and greens!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hotch is already en route!  Who else is already on the way?!?!
    The Chickens are headed your way on Saturday. Should see you about 4:00 to say hello and make sure Hotch is behaving....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • _Moose_
    _Moose_ Posts: 44
    Options
    Man, this is sounding pretty awesome!! Too bad I wasn't an egger sooner. I could have made plans to drive over from Central AL for the good time. Looking forward to seeing pics afterwards

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• Hotch
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That may be enough to get by on! 
    Don't know if i will remember! May need a few pictures just in case....
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    @Hotch, don't come back to Texas without full knowledge of how to make the bourbon slushies.  I think we need those in our repertoire!  Let's make some next time y'all come down to Austin.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    @Hotch, don't come back to Texas without full knowledge of how to make the bourbon slushies.  I think we need those in our repertoire!  Let's make some next time y'all come down to Austin.
    The recipe is on here somewhere.
    NOLA
  • Hotch
    Options
    Got it! And we will also be trying out Raspberry Lemonade. The Adult version! 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    And don't worry guys. If we run out of slushie we still have a full keg of Fat Tire to sip on!  And I've heard rummors of Pina Coladas!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What's everyone cooking?

on Sunday I'm firing Shirley up at 6am. Anyone is welcome to come by anytime after that and keep me company!

1 rack of Gold Grade Kobe Beef Plate Ribs
    16-18lb Gold Brisket from SRF
    4 racks St. Louis Ribs
    ABTs
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    @EggObsessed pineapple gems
    A naked fatty or two

For you that come by Saturday afternoon I'm cooking some appetizers and the other rack of Kobe Beef ribs ready around 5, then we will hit the water in the Pontoon for a joy ride.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I don't have anything planned for my Eggs. So they will both be available for anyone to cook on.
  • Hotch
    Options
    We will be cooking 
    Pig Cakes with sweet grass sorghum and a bit of creamy coleslaw and a dash of citrus BBQ sauce
    Deep Fried Bologna with a selection of Smokey Horse Radish Sauce or Bourbon BBQ sauce or Jalapeno Mustard, your pick.
    Shooters both Rum and Bourbon!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    And don't worry guys. If we run out of slushie we still have a full keg of Fat Tire to sip on!  And I've heard rummors of Pina Coladas!
    @nolabrew and I are bringing home brew.
    Options
    What's everyone cooking?

on Sunday I'm firing Shirley up at 6am. Anyone is welcome to come by anytime after that and keep me company!

1 rack of Gold Grade Kobe Beef Plate Ribs
    16-18lb Gold Brisket from SRF
    4 racks St. Louis Ribs
    ABTs
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    @EggObsessed pineapple gems
    A naked fatty or two

For you that come by Saturday afternoon I'm cooking some appetizers and the other rack of Kobe Beef ribs ready around 5, then we will hit the water in the Pontoon for a joy ride.
    Brother, sorry, I will not be there.  You can cross the above bold off or add someone.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn this looks like its gonna be a great time. Really wish we could have made it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @SGH you planning on coming out to play?!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @SGH you planning on coming out to play?!
    Poof.... He gone. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Be careful what you ask for.  There's no way he'd stay fully clothed with bourbon slushies flowing.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Be careful what you ask for.  There's no way he'd stay fully clothed with bourbon slushies flowing.
    Well I need a naked fatty now that @tarheelmatt isn't coming.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Well I need a naked fatty now that @tarheelmatt isn't coming.

Makes total sense now.  Good thinking. 

San Antonio, TX