Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast Updates, Countdown

Comments

• YEMTrey said:
    How many incredible players do the Lions have to suck the soul out of before they turn it around?  Sad.
    Ive been asking that myself for almost 50 years.  It's a golden anniversary of sucking!
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    edited April 2016
    A University of Louisville Quarterback. Aside form that black eye to overcome, (just kidding  card fans :)  ) one of the greatest that ever played the position. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,173
    edited April 2016
    Oh, captain, my captain!  Steve Yzerman.  My favorite Red Wing of all time!  He's also the inspiration for the "19" in my handle.  He could score...

or assist with equal awesomeness!

Don Cherry said one time he does everything, but drive the Zamboni!
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    Hard to believe it's just a few weekends away!  I have a CAB Prime brisket I'm bringing. Nothing too fancy, but fancy enough!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Should we start reviewing what supplies we have for the event? I'm pretty loaded down for stuff like this. 

In the RV I have 3 48x24 folding tables. And the "Grocery Cart" can hold 2 30x72" tables.  I have a sink and 55gallons of water on the trailer so we are set on keeping clean and prep space.

I'll bring my full set of Dexter knives and a multitude of cutting boards. I'll have my large Carlisle insulated food holder. It can hold 4 6" deep pans or 6 4" deep. And I'll have my smaller single pan insulated carrier.

If anyone wants, I'll have my large griddle and a deep fryer Available. I also have PLENTY of smoker space if anyone wants to cook something and just doesnt' have the ability to bring a cooker and prep stuff. 

@SGH @nolaegghead
     and I may bring some crawfish too.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Thatgrimguy Hellz yeah!  I gorged on crawfish and I want them again two days later.

Is Chris the bread guy coming?  If he can make french bread, I could bring some oysters and shrimp and we can do po-boys.   In the style of New Orleans, of course.
    edited April 2016
    @Thatgrimguy Hellz yeah!  I gorged on crawfish and I want them again two days later.

Is Chris the bread guy coming?  If he can make french bread, I could bring some oysters and shrimp and we can do po-boys.   In the style of New Orleans, of course.
    I think bread Yogi is coming. Not sure yet.  If we can commandeer someone's egg for baking purposes I'm sure we can throw together something that would hold up to seafood. I've never seen him make french bread but I don't see why not.

I ate so many saturday and the yesterday my buddy showed up with a sack and we made some more! I ate some many crawfish this weekend you would think I'd never want to see them again... but I'd head right over to a boil today if I could.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    In honor of 18 majors and Masters Week 

• Peyton Manning 

Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Should we start reviewing what supplies we have for the event? I'm pretty loaded down for stuff like this. 

In the RV I have 3 48x24 folding tables. And the "Grocery Cart" can hold 2 30x72" tables.  I have a sink and 55gallons of water on the trailer so we are set on keeping clean and prep space.

I'll bring my full set of Dexter knives and a multitude of cutting boards. I'll have my large Carlisle insulated food holder. It can hold 4 6" deep pans or 6 4" deep. And I'll have my smaller single pan insulated carrier.

If anyone wants, I'll have my large griddle and a deep fryer Available. I also have PLENTY of smoker space if anyone wants to cook something and just doesnt' have the ability to bring a cooker and prep stuff. 

Thanks for this.  Please do bring the tables - we will be able to use most of those, if not all of them. 

The food holder may be of use as well.  We haven't found a place to bring leftovers to yet, but we'd prefer not to throw away food.  

I'm sure the smoker space will be put to use as well!

And I'm glad to hear the bread guru will be there.  We are going to shoot for doing a repeat of @Eggcelsior's BBQ pit beef sammiches.  
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459

And I'm glad to hear the bread guru will be there.  We are going to shoot for doing a repeat of @Eggcelsior's BBQ pit beef sammiches.  

That makes me happy. 
  • Thatgrimguy

Thanks for this.  Please do bring the tables - we will be able to use most of those, if not all of them. 

The food holder may be of use as well.  We haven't found a place to bring leftovers to yet, but we'd prefer not to throw away food.  

I'm sure the smoker space will be put to use as well!

And I'm glad to hear the bread guru will be there.  We are going to shoot for doing a repeat of @Eggcelsior's BBQ pit beef sammiches.  
    He's been kind of MIA lately. Even if he doesn't show I can throw down on some bread. I don't have his depth but the couple of things I know, I know well.
  • JohnInCarolina
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Looking forward to seeing you blokes!  JIC, how bout them heels?  Know you gotta be grinning, right long side of me.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    There is no worse way to lose a game than Carolina did. I do feel sorry for the losers, having been there before in the regional finals. At least, going forward they will have something else to show besides CL's in guarded shot that beat Kentucky.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2016
    bgebrent said:
    Looking forward to seeing you blokes!  JIC, how bout them heels?  Know you gotta be grinning, right long side of me.
    Well it's hard for me to feel too bad for Carolina fans, but man that was a tough loss.  This was a hard UNC squad for me to hate anyway.  I mean, how can you not like Marcus Paige?   The way he played in that game, the circus shot he hit to tie it up - incredible.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Well it's hard for me to feel too bad for Carolina fans, but man that was a tough loss.  This was a hard UNC squad for me to hate anyway.  I mean, how can you not like Marcus Paige?   The way he played in that game, the circus shot he hit to tie it up - incredible.  
    I can agree with you.  They were really good and knew how to fight.  Paige's late 3 was epic.  Villanova's finish, more epic!  The best stuff in sports.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    YukonRon said:
    There is no worse way to lose a game than Carolina did. I do feel sorry for the losers, having been there before in the regional finals. At least, going forward they will have something else to show besides CL's in guarded shot that beat Kentucky.
    I would think a blowout would somehow be worse, but whuddah I know....
    Ask a Sooner fan.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    @JohnInCarolina -  you are definitely doing some great work with your count-down pics. I enjoy the variety.  No pressure for the remainder of the count-down, especially the Top Ten.  Have a great day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Just an update on attendance: we are up to 95 people registered.  
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    I can agree with you.  They were really good and knew how to fight.  Paige's late 3 was epic.  Villanova's finish, more epic!  The best stuff in sports.
    Hey Brent the only thing making that loss tolerable is we were the team in the game.... Tough loss though.... Look forward to seeing all of you in a couple of weeks...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JohnInCarolina
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    I'm bringing my vintage ManGrates in case folks haven't had the chance to see their majesty.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    How about my dads good friend and all around great guy. RIP