Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast Updates, Countdown

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Good luck with that! NC comm majors are not real high on the selection list anymore.
    No doubt.  Mattie and Johnny and John have early bedtimes so we can expect their lies in the morning.  Any doubt Kansas wins out?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Good luck with that! NC comm majors are not real high on the selection list anymore.
    No doubt.  Mattie and Johnny and John have early bedtimes so we can expect their lies in the morning.  Any doubt Kansas wins out?
    Kansas has it going on, but I got to tell you, IU is looking good. If they get past UNC, this could be a team that will be tough to beat in the finals.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Kansas has it going on, but I got to tell you, IU is looking good. If they get past UNC, this could be a team that will be tough to beat in the finals.
    That would make UK look good, as they do, but KU would dominate IU from my amateur perspective and frankly, as much as I hate NC, I think they get past IU.  Only cus its not UK.  That was my hope.  UK-NC would've been an epic game.  Kansas wins out, my take.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    That would make UK look good, as they do, but KU would dominate IU from my amateur perspective and frankly, as much as I hate NC, I think they get past IU.  Only cus its not UK.  That was my hope.  UK-NC would've been an epic game.  Kansas wins out, my take.
    Yeah, you probably right. Even if Kansas and UNC win it all, they are still a couple thousand games behind UK on the all time win list, or something like that.... 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I would love to come... If it wasn't the worst time of the year for me and I wasn't 15 hours away. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bgebrent
    Options
    texaswig said:
    I would love to come... If it wasn't the worst time of the year for me and I wasn't 15 hours away. 
    You brother should come.  You are welcome here anytime.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Maybe HQ thinks this is a thread about flatulence rather than an a BGE cooking festival.  I mean, that would explain it, they wouldn't shoot themselves knowingly in the foot, I would hope.
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Mad dog was the man. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Clark Kent. That is what Ken Griffey Jr called him.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah, you probably right. Even if Kansas and UNC win it all, they are still a couple thousand games behind UK on the all time win list, or something like that.... 
    More like 20 or 30 something... But hey! Math is hard for you bluegrass folk.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,089
    Options
    The Kentucky guys have a hard time counting past eight or nine: not enough fingers and toes.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Farm work is hard on the digits. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    The Kentucky guys have a hard time counting past eight or nine: not enough fingers and toes.
    Eight or Nine is a poor mans order for shine.  The Carolina boys have a hard time counting National Championships much less the last time they had one.  Ten toes, ten fingers, looking forward to discussing next years team after you loose to IN.  JIC please admit the ridiculous bracket, and that you'll fall off soon.  Oh my, Oregon, what a super power!  Brackets are F'd up and you know it.  Despite all that, I'll help you cook.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I knew that would wake up the "wish we were like Kentucky" group, just surprised it took this long. Every game we win sets another record. Every game they win is a "so what?"
    @bgebrent, we always must remember to be humble, and kind to those who will always envy us, the Carolina, Duke and Louisville fans. Bless their hearts.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hard to believe we're under a month!  
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Crap!  I seriously need to do a trial run on my "idea".  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Nobody comes to this thread for mercy.
    @JohninCarolina, that was brutal.
    I'm good, but Matt's the king.  Come at the King, you best not miss.  
    http://youtu.be/K5yOSD0mE8M

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    The Carolina boys have a hard time counting National Championships much less the last time they had one. 
    I remember last year pretty well.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    Options
    Acn said:
    bgebrent said:
    The Carolina boys have a hard time counting National Championships much less the last time they had one. 
    I remember last year pretty well

Yeah, and we are so proud of our "little brothers" when they luck in to success.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    The two top NCAA tournament coaches ever are at UNC and Duke.  How can one bat an eye at that?  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    Options
    The two top NCAA tournament coaches ever are at UNC and Duke.  How can one bat an eye at that?  
    Top NCAA coaches, no doubt. Still little brothers to UK.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Holistically, maybe, but KU has three titles from the 90's to now.  Not too stellar IMHO.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Acn
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Y'all got to stop living in the past - 4 national titles in the last 50 years.  Duke has more than that in the last 25.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:
    Y'all got to stop living in the past - 4 national titles in the last 50 years.  Duke has more than that in the last 25.
    It's all they have.  

There's a book out now called "The Legends Club" that I really want to read.  Gives great back story on Jimmy V, Dean Smith, and Coach K.  I don't care who you are, you will never see the coaching talent like this in such a small area.  Unreal!  I'm saying this straight up too, Jimmy V could have been the better of all three!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Again, we are proud of our little brothers. As great as your programs are in your eyes, to the rest of the world, they are still behind UK.
    Bless your hearts.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Again, we are proud of our little brothers. As great as your programs are in your eyes, to the rest of the world, they are still behind UK.
    Bless your hearts.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Acn - good to see there are some other Wire fans around.  I was starting to think nobody would catch the reference.