Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast Updates, Countdown

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    I will try to catch up on The Wire. The last several years, UK's basketball success has run deep into spring, and I have not had the time to invest in watching, like Carolina and Duke fans, due to their teams frequently taking a bow early in the tournaments. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    @tarheelmatt - Thanks for the book rec. Added to my Amazon list!

@johnincarolina - I live right outside of Baltimore and taught in schools on the west side; just by Edmundson Ave and a lot of those vacants.  Gotta rep The Wire.

@yukonron - I'm glad you enjoyed that NIT run your boys had a couple of seasons ago, and that you think those national titles you won in an 8 team tournament have any relevance to anyone besides UK fans clinging to the past.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    YukonRon said:
    I will try to catch up on The Wire. The last several years, UK's basketball success has run deep into spring, and I have not had the time to invest in watching, like Carolina and Duke fans, due to their teams frequently taking a bow early in the tournaments. 
    We don't need Maury Povitch to tell you that **** isn't true.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2016
    Just having a good natured laugh with my friends! Good luck in the tournament.
    I will be watching The Wire.
    Actually, I am one of the minority of UK fans, I get my misery from football, I don't really watch a lot of basketball. 
    Football season for UK fans is usually over after the second game, so we spend our springs and falls camping and backpacking.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    edited March 2016
    YukonRon said:
    Just having a good natured laugh with my friends! Good luck in the tournament.
    I will be watching The Wire.
    Actually, I am one of the minority of UK fans, I get my misery from football, I don't really watch a lot of basketball. 
    Football season for UK fans is usually over after the second game, so we spend our springs and falls camping and backpacking.
    No problem, as are we!  Other than the football thing, I subscribe to George Will's line "Football combines the 2 worst parts of American life.  It is violence interrupted by committee meetings."

We also agree on camping in the spring and fall, only we do it because I can't stand sleeping withou a/c or a fan in the summer down here!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    Nothing like the Humid South. 90-100F and 90%RH April through November here.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Acn said:
    @tarheelmatt - Thanks for the book rec. Added to my Amazon list!

Yes Sir!  I plan on reading it as well.  Would believe any college basketball fan, even not of one of the coaches, would find that a good read.  Unreal the amount of exposure the author had with these guys.  Just cannot get that these days.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:
    The two top NCAA tournament coaches ever are at UNC and Duke.  How can one bat an eye at that?  
    Top NCAA coaches, no doubt. Still little brothers to UK.
    Y'all got to stop living in the past - 4 national titles in the last 50 years.  Duke has more than that in the last 25.
    They are the current UCLA- No doubt they have had some amazing teams and to remain relative for years is a difficult.

Hard to count wins when UK plays in the SEC. Different level of conference play has definitely padded that number. 

Plus we suck and our team that was looking to be better for next year just blew up again, so I get  analyze from the sidelines
    Greensboro, NC
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2016
    Wolfpack said:
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:
    The two top NCAA tournament coaches ever are at UNC and Duke.  How can one bat an eye at that?  
    Top NCAA coaches, no doubt. Still little brothers to UK.
    Y'all got to stop living in the past - 4 national titles in the last 50 years.  Duke has more than that in the last 25.
    They are the current UCLA- No doubt they have had some amazing teams and to remain relative for years is a difficult.

Hard to count wins when UK plays in the SEC. Different level of conference play has definitely padded that number. 

Plus we suck and our team that was looking to be better for next year just blew up again, so I get  analyze from the sidelines
    We'll, there are at least 8 wins, that nobody can count as padded.
    I mean tournament wins against directional state and Ivy League teams could not be construed as padded I suppose, such as the NCAA provided Duke.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Touché 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    Yes.  The NCAA new that Yale would pull off an upset in the opening round. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Foghorn said:
    And Yale beat who? 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Wolfpack said:

Yeah - what the heck is going on over there at State?
  • Foghorn
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    And Yale beat who? 

You think that Yale beating Baylor was predictable?  Or that Baylor didn't deserve a #5 seed?  I won't quibble with nitpicky details as I did not watch that much college hoops this year.  But given that Baylor was 21-10 against the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation (per RPI) I think it is hard to say that they were grossly overseeded. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
     @FoghornStill, Baylor Basketball is like a perfectly cooked Thanksgiving Turkey, just pulled out of the oven; they both look awesome, until they hit the floor. Baylor basketball is hardly legendary.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack said:

Yeah - what the heck is going on over there at State?
    Inside rumors: Unfortunately the Martin twins were scared for themselves but it's somewhat understandable as it's a numbers game. They obviously lack a little self confidence and Dennis, Terry and Torin were very impressive in practice. Add Maverick to the mix and they were concerned for their spots. 

But Abu I don't get- needed more time to grow. At least he didn't hire an agent- so better than fair chance he is back when he learns teams aren't interested yet. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited March 2016

Carlton!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    Great sports moment right there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    lousubcap said:
    Great sports moment right there.

Absolutely.

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829

Carlton!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
     @FoghornStill, Baylor Basketball is like a perfectly cooked Thanksgiving Turkey, just pulled out of the oven; they both look awesome, until they hit the floor. Baylor basketball is hardly legendary.
    Oh yeah, real classy move by Coach K, scolding that kid from Oregon after the game on how to act, (while he continually he has dirty players, this year with one who has been caught tripping players from other teams).

Boys & Girls… this is what happens when you get caught up in a lie:
    *the additional spin off tornados (and their damage) from being dishonest.

1. Public Deception – Lying to the media to protect himself
    2. Character Assassination – By saying Brooks was the liar
    3. False Accusation – This then leaves Brooks responsible for explaining why he’d make it up.
    4. Using Your Authority Status To Crush Lesser Known People – Abuse of power.
    5. Hypocracy – Grayson Allen is a dirty player who has been caught over 5 times just this season tripping other players on the court. If there is anyone who needs to be educated it’s K’s own players.

So is his apology enough? No… because he shifted his action and what people are specifically disturbed about (the lying that caused the 5 additional sub effects above) into reacted incorrectly.

Why is this a big deal? Because lying is deliberate and methodical. While reacting incorrectly is simply a human response that can happen to anyone.

Just Having fun with the Dookies.  I catch heck for UK. =)

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 424

I'm beginning to think @yukonron is standing too close to his smoker or has something other than Hickory in it......

One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,688
    Would like to say congratulations on the promotion to the Butt Blast. That is what makes a great fest and you are putting this one on top. You guys care and it shows. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• JohnInCarolina
    Mickey said:
    Would like to say congratulations on the promotion to the Butt Blast. That is what makes a great fest and you are putting this one on top. You guys care and it shows. 
    Thanks Mickey!  If we come anywhere close to making this as fun as Salado, I'll be happy.
  • JohnInCarolina
  • YukonRon
    tgs2401 said:

I'm beginning to think @yukonron is standing too close to his smoker or has something other than Hickory in it......

Ok, you got me! Just busting some chops, and goofing just a little. Playing the butt hurt UK fan to the max. UK fans favorite words "Wait until next year."

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,688
    Mickey said:
    Thanks Mickey!  If we come anywhere close to making this as fun as Salado, I'll be happy.
    It will be, you can already tell. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Thanks Mickey, that is a very good compliment coming from the "King of all Eggfest". 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • YukonRon
    I have really enjoyed the countdown. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky