Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: We sit on the driveway and do Jello Shots as we pass out Halloween candy. What do you do?

We give Jell-O shots to the adults as they walk the kids around. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• Sub beer for shots. 

Not many kids. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    4Runner said:
    Throw eggs at people that sit in their driveway doing Jell-O shots handing out Halloween candy.  :)
    @4Runner, we'd have fun together. Bring it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I sit in the house eating the Cheetos that were meant for the kids and washing it down with bourbon.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Front porch with bourbon, candy and tunes. Lots of kids....seems to be the destination neighborhood!  
    Fort Worth, TX      
    LG Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis Gasser, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Jumbo Joe

Flame Boss 300, Orange Thermapen (because Orange is the fastest)
  • Foghorn
    I sit in the house eating the Cheetos that were meant for the kids and washing it down with bourbon.  
    @Mattman3969, I've done the same thing many times with beer and Kit-Kats. 

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Listening to Dwight Yokam, drinking whiskey, and waiting for my idiot sidekicks to come over and cause some trouble with me. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Eating pulled pork tacos, drinking bourbon from the Yeti, watching World Series and college football. Hoping the doorbell don't ring too often. It bothers me when my beautiful wife walks in front of the TV, while I am watching, to answer the door. 
    Happy Halloween.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    We also sit at the end of the driveway.  The neighborhood is big, spread out and all the driveways are at least 125 foot long.  We try to make it a little easier on the kids.  We pass out candy to the kids and small wine splits to the adults.  Seems like every year we have a few more that stop by to visit.  May have to roll the egg around front next year and cook some good eats for the adults.  Then again maybe not.  I would never get rid of them.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    @Lit , damn nice set up.  Did you have the games on or some spooky Halloween movie?
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    YukonRon said:
    Hoping the doorbell don't ring too often. It bothers me when my beautiful wife walks in front of the TV, while I am watching, to answer the door. 
    Either a furniture rearrangement, or a sexy costume for wifey, is called for here.  
    :wink: 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    hmmmm - another perfect ZERO!!!

We had a laugh though - after hearing on the radio today how the Sheriff’s dept had all their cars on patrol tonight (that is our “police force” out here) - she saw one slowly driving thru here at 4:20 when she left tonight for Mass! Damn crime rate here must be at a record high…NOT  =) 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Unfortunately and sadly I work. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @sgh - you know why your working, right??

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @sgh - you know why your working, right??
    Yes sir. To feed my family as well as a bunch of sorry ass BDD ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Botch said:
    YukonRon said:
    Hoping the doorbell don't ring too often. It bothers me when my beautiful wife walks in front of the TV, while I am watching, to answer the door. 
    Either a furniture rearrangement, or a sexy costume for wifey, is called for here.  
    :wink: 
    I like the way you think. You have hero status with me.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    @Botch has his priorities straight. 

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Sidekicks are out cold. Just some Grain Belt and I listening to some George Jones 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Sonny3 said:
    @Lit , damn nice set up.  Did you have the games on or some spooky Halloween movie?
    We watched ghostbusters on the projector and if you look just to the left of the screen we have a 42" tv on a wall mount that we had football on.
  • D1105
    D1105 Posts: 60
    edited November 2015
    We had to stay indoors due to rain....

Derick
    Chicago
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Foghorn
    Bump - from last year. 

I had to work this year. 

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    We sat on the front porch drinking wine, eating candy, occasionally, sharing some with the trick or treaters.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2016
    I live on a dead end road not in a subdivision so we don't get hardly any kids.  I asked Wilma what we're passing out.  She said "nothing."  I ask why.  She says "Because that's what you said a couple of weeks ago when we talked about it.  You said 'I don't want to deal with that sh!t.'"  Me: "I don't remember that.  Was I drinking?"  She said, "Oh yeahhhhh."  Me, "I guess that explains it."

Edit: We usually take our youngest to see our immediate neighbors who are elderly and then go to church for a trunk or treat.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    We had close to 100 people in our cul de sac at one point. We get slammed in our hood we had 2 150 count bags and ran out.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    We always have a great time in our cul de sac with adult beverages, food, and conversation. We have candy and hay rides for the kiddos.  Made pulled pork for the festivities.  Yes, Jell-O shots were there. Had to share this yard display in my hood. If you are from Austin Texas you will "get" all of it. 

Dave - Austin, TX
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    Sit in our Cul De Sac with 5 other Neighbors and pool all the candy.  Kids walk up and we dump handfuls in their bags.

Adults- we enjoy adult beverages.

When Halloween is on a weekend we turn it into 'Sac-tober-fest" and have an all day party.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    200.gif 563.9K
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i release the hounds and shoot rock salt over their heads with the 12 gauge.  havent had a kid down my dark end of the dead end street in years =) the other side of the street is ridiculous, who dresses a 1 month old baby up in a costume and takes her trick or treating
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it