Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT : Why so many OT postings? (Pun Intended)

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Because off the wall thoughts like that make me laugh and I figured someone else might chuckle as well. 
    So...physical violence against someone who believes something you don't like. Got it.
    Well, sure - if you're gonna be all picky about it. :)  That's what he said - and later edited for clarity.

's okay, though.  He gave himself cover. ;)
    Note, that he later grayed his [edited] remark as "off the wall".  Which means he didn't mean what he meant when he said it.  He was just joking.

See how that works?  :| 

No "graying"....just a joke.....nothing more......nothing less.  Anyone who knows me would realize that.  Unfortunately, in a forum setting, we only know a person by what they type.  I have an odd sense of humor and sometimes forget that not everyone laughs at the same things I do.  Just wanted to make it clear so those who didn't find it funny understood it was only one of my brain droppings.  I was in no way condoning violence on those chasing unicorns.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    sctdg said:
    Obama,Bernie Sanders and Coexist .Yeah the world really respects us now and just think how much more they will respect us with a Hillary or a Bernie .What a really bad joke this country has turned into in the last 8 years ,and how much worse it is going to get unless something is done .Time for everyone to get rid of the rose colored glasses AMERIKA .

You're really out of touch with the rest of the world dude.
    The rest of the world doesn't matter.  

Many of us only get our info from TV news which is horribly American-centric.  Chasing ratings, American TV news presents as though America is the Center of the World rather than just a part of the world.  
    People with only that as a source tend to be . . . not so knowledgeable.

I think I saw a program about this on tv. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    DMW said:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    So, if you post OT in the subject/title and post in the main forum is that kosher?  

Do you have to put OT in the subject/title when posting in the OT section?  

Regarding OT though, in the OT section, I assume it is there for that very reason and usually post there often about items that may be happening in the world, questions, etc.  I like that option personally.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2015
    Options

Many of us only get our info from TV news . . .

I think I saw a program about this on tv. 
    LOL    (smartazz!)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• GATraveller
    Options
    I get most of my news from Al Jazeera.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I couldn't give a rats a&& what other countries think of the US. Of course it's favorable. After Obama's apology tour we were viewed as weak. We send 5 known terrorist home for one soldier that deserves the firing squad. We continue to send billions of dollars to countries that hate us. We lift one regime only to end up fighting them a few years later. We kiss Iran's butt, ignore N. Korea and say nothing as Russia invades the Ukraine. We have an administration that won't use the words "Islamic Terrorist". We still have personnel in that region. We take in refugees that will demand special treatment because they're Muslim. Let that part of the world alone. It's not our job. Let the Muslim countries take in the refugees. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hmmmm....  Politics.  Contribute or not. Hmmmm............................
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
     Need to keep this one just below boiling for about another 36 hours... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    OT Threads Matter!!!! PERIOD! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    OT Threads Matter!!!! PERIOD! 
    All Threads Matter! 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    henapple said:
    I couldn't give a rats a&& what other countries think of the US. Of course it's favorable. After Obama's apology tour we were viewed as weak. We send 5 known terrorist home for one soldier that deserves the firing squad. We continue to send billions of dollars to countries that hate us. We lift one regime only to end up fighting them a few years later. We kiss Iran's butt, ignore N. Korea and say nothing as Russia invades the Ukraine. We have an administration that won't use the words "Islamic Terrorist". We still have personnel in that region. We take in refugees that will demand special treatment because they're Muslim. Let that part of the world alone. It's not our job. Let the Muslim countries take in the refugees. 
    So basically you're upset with what has essentially been American foreign policy and practice over say the last...70 years or so.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There's a dark side for many.  OT is where they can release that.  I can't agree with xenophobia or any of the other rainbow colors of hate, but maybe that catharsis and sublimation of angst from years of a-hole upbringing, small member size, church indoctrination or having a losing sports team will keep haters from becoming active and turning into hurters.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Well done @SoCalTim

Well done indeed.

• henapple
    Options
    @HeavyG..... Some of that is true. I didn't say I agreed with it. @Nolaegghead you complain about xenophobia but totally demean any religion or belief. I guess only you decide what is right? 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @henapple I don't discriminate.  I mock all magic believers equally.  But I would never lose my humanity towards another human just because they are of a different race, religion or culture.  I hope you find your humanity again my friend.
    Options
    Jesus just called me up and said he agrees with my last post.
    Options
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    CAPITAL LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Legume said:
    Well done @SoCalTim

Well done indeed.

Just trying to liven things up around here ... lol
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Jesus just called me up and said he agrees with my last post.
    ¡Hola, mi amigo!

-Jesús
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    First John 3:17 "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?"
    Options
    @nolaegghead having problems with all those  numbers. Could you help a brother out with some pie charts. I'm a visual learner. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2015
    Options

Amen.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• henapple
    Options
    @henapple I don't discriminate.  I mock all magic believers equally.  But I would never lose my humanity towards another human just because they are of a different race, religion or culture.  I hope you find your humanity again my friend.
    Who said I've lost my humanity? I'm sorry you're so threatened by a divine force. Nevertheless you do discriminate. I love the MLK... Judge a person by their character, however were not allowed to judge anyone?
  • henapple
    Options
    First John 3:17 "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?"
    Please don't quote scripture... You'll be quoting another in ten minutes to ridicule believers in magic. You can't take one verse out of a series of books or letters. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The best part about the OT threads is that, much like this one, eventually the boobs show up.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike