Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT : Why so many OT postings? (Pun Intended)

Options
 I've certainly posted my share of them ... (I think there are 5 right now) just wondering ... 
I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    often wondered that myself.  

Seems to me if it is anything to do with cooking it's on topic.

If putting OT in front keeps feathers from being ruffled - so be it.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    ^^^^^+1000000000
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Ya, wasn't complaining .. I've actually posted a couple OT posts and got some good insight on it ..
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • swordsmn
    Options
    And we won a victory for girls volleyball in Ct, helping a new egger :-)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is the only social media many egghead have.  They get bored.
    I sure don't care for FaceSpace...
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2015
    Options
    People with that Coexist sticker on their car should be yanked out and pistol whipped.  

Edited to specify which Coexist sticker.  :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • BigAlDaddy
    Options
    I like this coexist sticker better. 

LGBE Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Is this an ass-hole contest?  Can I join?  Nevermind...I'm outta my league. 
     I think it ads to the "community" feel of a Forum. We recognize that forum members have a wealth of knowledge on a vast array of subjects. Why not expand discussions and utilize the combined knowledge of the entire group?

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Is this an ass-hole contest?  Can I join?  Nevermind...I'm outta my league. 
    Ha! Hello pot....I'm kettle. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Man 1 says: "I want to coexist with others"

Man 2 says: "I want to perform violence on man 1"

Man 2 posts here.  I cannot compete with that.  And I'm the ass-hole?  Outta my league.  I don't go there.  Sorry.
    edited September 2015
    Options
    By the way, I saw a statue of you while on vacation @nolaegghead  

King of the Trolls

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    People with that Coexist sticker on their car should be yanked out and pistol whipped.  

Edited to specify which Coexist sticker.  :)
    Uhhhh...why?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    Options
    Because off the wall thoughts like that make me laugh and I figured someone else might chuckle as well. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Just want to get it right, who is Man 1 and who is Man 2?
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I tag my non-egg cooks with OT, because this is an egg forum.

I contribute to some OT posts because I find the entertaining.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    Because off the wall thoughts like that make me laugh and I figured someone else might chuckle as well. 
    So...physical violence against someone who believes something you don't like. Got it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    Obama,Bernie Sanders and Coexist .Yeah the world really respects us now and just think how much more they will respect us with a Hillary or a Bernie .What a really bad joke this country has turned into in the last 8 years ,and how much worse it is going to get unless something is done .Time for everyone to get rid of the rose colored glasses AMERIKA .

• nolaegghead
    Options
    sctdg said:
    Obama,Bernie Sanders and Coexist .Yeah the world really respects us now and just think how much more they will respect us with a Hillary or a Bernie .What a really bad joke this country has turned into in the last 8 years ,and how much worse it is going to get unless something is done .Time for everyone to get rid of the rose colored glasses AMERIKA .

You're really out of touch with the rest of the world dude.
    Options
    People... please pace yourselves... its only Wednesday. Give the rest of us a chance :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    US Favorability
    Options
    ^^^ so many numbers...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    sctdg said:

The rest of the world doesn't matter.  

Many of us only get our info from TV news which is horribly American-centric.  Chasing ratings, American TV news presents as though America is the Center of the World rather than just a part of the world.  
    People with only that as a source tend to be . . . not so knowledgeable.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    sctdg said:

The rest of the world doesn't matter.  

Many of us only get our info from TV news which is horribly American-centric.  Chasing ratings, American TV news presents as though America is the Center of the World rather than just a part of the world.  
    People with only that as a source tend to be . . . not so knowledgeable.

The earth is the center of the universe and the US is the center of the earth.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I can interpret for the handicapped.  In general, with industrialized countries, there was a big 9/11 bump, but they dropped like rocks and jumped up in 2009 (I wonder why).

Maybe this person is a Russian.
    sctdg said:

Options
    edited September 2015
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    So...physical violence against someone who believes something you don't like. Got it.
    Well, sure - if you're gonna be all picky about it. :)  That's what he said - and later edited for clarity.

's okay, though.  He gave himself cover. ;)
    Note, that he later grayed his [edited] remark as "off the wall".  Which means he didn't mean what he meant when he said it.  He was just joking.

See how that works?  :| 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns