Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT : Why so many OT postings? (Pun Intended)

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Deftly delivered, @NolaEggHead.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• GATraveller
    Options
    you guys should have eaten at my house in the 70's. school lunch was the best =)  at home it was single slice kraft cheese on skinny weight watches bread grilled in margarine and served with tab :o  weekends it was the same bread, powdered eggs served as french toast. thank god for mystery meat and gravey served over potatoes on wednesday, i would be back in line for seconds and thirds =)
    See?  And you turned out a fine outstanding citizen. =)   We don't need no stinkin' health training for kids. Give them hot pockets and tell them to study their unintelligent design.
    Now you know we sprang up from the primordial ooze.  That's the intelligent approach.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    I saw the hashtag campaign as support, an expression of sympathy or a generalized call for public attention and outrage.  FLOTUS participated in the same way she ususly does, she lent her support.  I think you're being disingenuous by saying that is our administration's policy and that kind of hyperbolic view just erodes your credibility.  We don't actually have to do anything.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hot pockets are filled with primordial ooze.  Yum.
    Options

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    Options
    Hey guys, so, I'm new here... Doing my first brisket... How you guys do it?  Whats the best rub?  Whats the best wood?  Whats the best controller?  Go!  
    Boil it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    #primordialooze #hotpockets
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    So JIC, what was the U.S. response to the Islamists taking those girls?  Hmmm?

This is pathetic and weak.  If the United States is going to do nothing about it, then do nothing.  A hashtag campaign?  I'm sorry, but if that is our only response, then FLOTUS is leading our foreign policy on this issue.

If we can only hear what the captors said.  
    "Hey Abdul, Obama says we are mean and should return these girls.  His woman is on the Internet with a hashtag campaign.  What should we do?"

"Who gives a crap about them!  They ain't gonna do anything!  I think I'll go rape a different one today."
    Gee, Fred, it's almost as though you didn't read a single thing I wrote.  Or, if you did read it, you didn't understand it.  I'll let you go back and try again.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    #hashtag #pounds #number #unicode0023
    Hotpockets?  Love this from Jim Gaffigan.  

https://youtu.be/wmHSe_S04CU
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Primordial ooze.........fed to our children

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    nola, It is unprofitable to argue with you. Here's my point for the last time:  We are a superpower.  It is not wise to project an image of weakness and helplessness on any issue.  If we aren't going to send Seal Team six to rescue those nice ladies, then let somebody else like a Hollywood type do that hashtag crap to raise awareness.

It is pointless to continue.  You and your ilk don't discuss ideas.  You throw out the race card and that's the end of it.  Fred's an F'ing racist.  All the other liberals stand and cheer, "Bravo!  Race Card played brilliantly!"

FYI:  I do not see a monkey.  I see a lovely First Lady making a big mistake by projecting an image of US weakness for the world to see.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,985
    edited September 2015
    Options
    nola, It is unprofitable to argue with you. Here's my point for the last time:  We are a superpower.  It is not wise to project an image of weakness and helplessness on any issue.  If we aren't going to send Seal Team six to rescue those nice ladies, then let somebody else like a Hollywood type do that hashtag crap to raise awareness.

It is pointless to continue.  You and your ilk don't discuss ideas.  You throw out the race card and that's the end of it.  Fred's an F'ing racist.  All the other liberals stand and cheer, "Bravo!  Race Card played brilliantly!"

FYI:  I do not see a monkey.  I see a lovely First Lady making a big mistake by projecting an image of US weakness for the world to see.
    Again, I would just suggest that had Laura Bush done something similar, we would not have heard a peep from conservatives.  And I'm not saying that's because of race.  Mostly it's partisan BS rather than anything substantive.  Laura would probably be criticized by liberals for doing this, who knows.

It just strikes me as incredibly lame to jump on this when all the FLOTUS was trying to do was to call attention to little girls who had been kidnapped in Africa.  That's it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The point is Laura Bush didn't do anything like that.  Had she did, it would be just as lame.  We can play "What if..." All day, but it doesn't invalidate my point.  Thank you for playing.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Fred, it's indulgent to think our dicks need to be hanging out of our pants, erect, holding 6-shooters to be a super power.  That's simply idiotic to think, yet that seems to be some kind of mantra that gets repeated over and over.  We're weak because we showed restraint and actually talked to someone (diplomacy) without invading them first?  That's why our international approval rating went up when the hawks left office.
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The point is Laura Bush didn't do anything like that.  Had she did, it would be just as lame.  We can play "What if..." All day, but it doesn't invalidate my point.  Thank you for playing.
    You don't have a point.  You're just confused and lack imagination, apparently.  

The idea that FLOTUS calling attention to kidnapped little girls somehow projects US global weakness is a bunch of nonsense.  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Oh, and Obummer has a big stick.  Biden said so.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Why is Laura Bush tweeting about 31 Million girls who aren't in school?  Why don't we do something about it?!?!?  SEND IN SEAL TEAM SIX GODDAMNIT!!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Friday night is early today. 
    And thanks to @nolaegghead for mentioning Joe Biden. 
    "Run, Joe, run."  ABC (Anybody But Clinton). 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    Options

Why is Laura Bush tweeting about 31 Million girls who aren't in school?  Why don't we do something about it?!?!?  SEND IN SEAL TEAM SIX GODDAMNIT!!!
    #beatsahashtag

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    Hey guys, so, I'm new here... Doing my first brisket... How you guys do it?  Whats the best rub?  Whats the best wood?  Whats the best controller?  Go!  
    you forgot the most important question, what's the best lump for brisket?  =)
    canuckland
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt do you plan to light from the bottom or top?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Oh boy John, thanks for that. Now we have to listen to @Fred19Flintstone bash Laura Bush for being a humanitarian.  Thanks a lot, buddy.

Options
    Brisket?  I recommend crock pot with cream of mushroom.  Only get flats.  You will need to trim the point off anyways.  Med heat for 4hrs should do it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    btw, I think Michelle is kind of hot.  Am I alone in this?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin