Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Be nice or....

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,020
    Options
    Does it count as bullying if you call the mods aholes?  I'm asking for a friend...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    30 seconds of glory. Little guy deals with bully. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNEP-hzt7n8
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That little guy has some moves! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Does it count as bullying if you call the mods aholes?  I'm asking for a friend...
    Probably not since they own the ban hammer. I equate it with throwing rocks at a tank. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That sounds good in theory, but what does your kid actually do if the bully is his friend and/or the kid being bullied is unpopular?  Keep in mind kids want to be popular and the mob mentality (which we sadly see on this forum) is powerful, especially among those that conform, want to be popular themselves, or are not independent thinkers.
    So far they know right is right and will defend the weak and helpless (and have).  Doesn't matter who.  That may change with age but I can only lay the foundation.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Shouldn't you put quotes around "friend"?
    Options
    I guess but then again I'm from the South and ain't much for all that book learnin

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I guess but then again I'm from the South and ain't much for all that book learnin

I'm referring to the classic use of "friend" as oneself.  John got banned by essentially calling the mods aholes.
    Options

I'm referring to the classic use of "friend" as oneself.  John got banned by essentially calling the mods aholes.
    Ha!  I can't keep up.  

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    hapster said:
    I miss bullys that actually would get their ass kicked by me or the rest of the sane people. 
    What does one call someone who bullys the bullys?
    A hero........
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,020
    Options
    You're an idiot, my "friend" !

Not sure that works...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Not sure that works...
    But this does:  Doctor, my "friend" says it hurts when he pees ever since he got back from the Philippines. 
    Options

Not sure that works...
    But this does:  Doctor, my "friend" says it hurts when he pees ever since he got back from the Philippines. 
    Another case of TMI. I hope the doctor cures your "friend". 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming