Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    OP - did you check your homeowners insurance (your deductible may be more than the egg... ) but its worth a shot... 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Hillary looks like she making a huge fart. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    thetrim said:
    I agree, and that's not good for her campaign.  The increased carbon footprint will hurt her among democrats.
    Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    edited April 2015
    thetrim said:
    I bet she can really clear out a room.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    JohninCarolina - congrats on 2000 posts
    Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    blasting said:
    JohninCarolina - congrats on 2000 posts
    Thanks!  Though I'm not sure I want to know what I win.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    Congrats ..App post..@ JohninCarolina..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Free "Hillary is Smokin' HOTTTT 2016" Bumper sticker
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,058
    Amazing- 1000 posts!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    And no signs of slowing down.  Check back Sun AM after the adult beverage infused posters get on a roll tonight.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    On the front forum listing page there are currently 3 threads with this volume.  If only people would participate...lol
    Phoenix 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The obamacare thing helped people and hurt people. My foreman pays cash for all his medical bills and yes he'd be screwed on a major medical problem. In steps obamacare to force him to get insurance or pay a penalty. Nothing has changed except the $400 per month bill he pays. A $6k deductible and only 60% after that.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    I would also be screwed with his major medical problem. He'd get service, be unable to pay it, and my bills go up

zero sympathy. 
    Pay your bills, or don't use the service. 

Why should i subsidize his health insurance?  

Now. I'm not a hard ass. I think if he rolls into an ER with his head hanging by a thread, he should get some attention without having to produce a card. 

But if he decides not to have health insurance, some of those costs get pushed on to those of us who do pay for insurance

I think fat smokers with high cholesterol ought to pay more. 

If people want to be all about personal responsibility, they better start walking the damn walk, not just talking about it. 

I pay my way, and i pay a damn good share of the way for people who b!tch and moan about 'illegals' while they take my money too. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Don't even get me started.   Actually, I will.  Later. 
    2000 posts = 1 starter block.  PM me your address.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• st¡ke
    I'm just unclear. Sounds like i am suposed to feel sorry for him. But that's what a bleeding heart would do. And bleeding hearts are pansies, right?

the 'fine' he would pay would be equivalent to some form of minimum coverage. Without that coverage, he's, well, not covered. And if he's not covered, they will take it out of those of us who DO pay. Isn't that the conservative way? Why should i expect to pick up his slack?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122

• st¡ke
    Don't tase me bro
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Wouldn't it be better if he kept the $5k in his pocket?  
    Nothing will change in the hc industry without tort reform. That's why a Tylenol cost $40.
    Why can't medical students who's tuition we pay for do service to reimburse the tax payers?

We're already pay for everything else...through in hc
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnInCarolina
    I'm just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjGouBmo0M
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
  • st¡ke
    edited April 2015
    I pay $27k for insurance. I don't really have much sympathy for his $5k. 

A d to the extent that he ponies up that $5k when the sh!t hits the fan, plus the extra cash an emergent condition would cost, sure, let him keep it. 

But chances are he'll spend that $5k on something fun, then we'll pay the difference if he requires emergency care. 

Sure, tort reform is one reason for the high costs. So are the uninsured and underinsured. And severly obese people, smokers, etc who would be outraged if their insurance premiums cost what they REALLY should. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I think no HC insurance should be required. I also think group plans should be banned. I also think if someone does not have insurance or cash in hand they should not be treated at all. If this was in place and enforced, everyone would carry insurance without question.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Watch the John Green video above.  The big factors are not tort reform or that we have lots of fat people.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @nolaegghead - We were supposed to have this conversation over drinks in Salado. Got missed somehow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I like her sunglasses

• st¡ke
    DMW. you can't expect doctors to turn away people at an emergency room

if you are unconscious, how would they know whether you had insurance or not?  

If your point is to be ironic, that you don't "require" insurance, but force people to get it another way, then you are creating a system where people are effectively made to get insurance. 

So make them

our rates went down in massachusetts when ROMNEYcare went through. More people in the pool.  Lower rates. Sure, they still go up. But we took care of one aspect, now we can work on the other factors

we could have free healthcare and college education if we would simply get off the oil teat, and get out of those sh!tholes where we have "interests".  

But that's another discussion. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    You ever feel like you are having a conversation with just yourself?