Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wife isn’t feeling well so I made chicken pot pie soup with some puff pastry!

Would love to have that recipe. Beautiful. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dayum BaLockay!  That’s a fine looking meal bro. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I'm back from the dead, so the only thing to do was egg on. 
    Plated pic.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Working on some loaded potato soup. Wife's request. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Working on some loaded potato soup. Wife's request. 
    Better top it with puffed pastry if you really love her ;)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Use this pic when you need to confuse a vegetarian:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Use this pic when you need to confuse a vegetarian:

Looks like petting zoo mascot
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,339
    Options
    @northGAcock Sure thing brother. Full disclosure this was a non egg cook and I cheated (SWMBO was getting hangry). I followed the below recipe for the most part. I normally sub in leftover spatch chicken, flavor of your choice. I also add in about a cup chicken stock to help round out the flavor once the sauce thickens. Skip the frozen veggies and either do fresh or if you must, canned (drained). I used some pepperidge farm puffed pastry from publix. S&P to taste and the soup took roughly 45 mins.

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons butter
    • 1/2 cup chopped white onion
    • 4 tablespoons flour
    • 4 cups half and half
    • 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
    • 2 cups frozen vegetable medley
    • 1 cup of potatoes diced
    • 1 tablespoon chicken base
    • 1 package frozen puff pastry

Directions

In a large saucepan saute together white onion and butter over medium heat. Saute onion until it becomes fragrant and translucent. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of flour over the onions. Cook flour and onions together for about 1 minute. The mixture will become fragrant like pie dough. Slowly add about 1/4 of the half and half to the soup, stir continually. Add an additional 1/4 of the half and half and stir, the mixture will thicken. Add remaining 1/2 of half and half and stir until the soup base becomes smooth.In a small pot add diced potatoes. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain potatoes, and reserve for soup.Add chopped chicken breast, frozen vegetables, potatoes, and chicken base. Stir until the soup is well blended. While the soup is heating through you can cook the puff pastry.Cut the puff pastry into sizes that best fit for your bowl. I use 3-inch by 3-inch squares. Bake puff pastry until golden brown, this will take about 15 minutes.
    LBGE
    AL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Do you always put your tartare in a bun?   ;)

I like pink in my burgers. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Finally! Took almost 3 years, but this thread now has more views than @travisstrick 's bathtub brisket.
    I've been doing my best to add to the thread. Congratulations and thanks for starting this one.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @northGAcock Sure thing brother. Full disclosure this was a non egg cook and I cheated (SWMBO was getting hangry). I followed the below recipe for the most part. I normally sub in leftover spatch chicken, flavor of your choice. I also add in about a cup chicken stock to help round out the flavor once the sauce thickens. Skip the frozen veggies and either do fresh or if you must, canned (drained). I used some pepperidge farm puffed pastry from publix. S&P to taste and the soup took roughly 45 mins.

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons butter
    • 1/2 cup chopped white onion
    • 4 tablespoons flour
    • 4 cups half and half
    • 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
    • 2 cups frozen vegetable medley
    • 1 cup of potatoes diced
    • 1 tablespoon chicken base
    • 1 package frozen puff pastry

Directions

In a large saucepan saute together white onion and butter over medium heat. Saute onion until it becomes fragrant and translucent. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of flour over the onions. Cook flour and onions together for about 1 minute. The mixture will become fragrant like pie dough. Slowly add about 1/4 of the half and half to the soup, stir continually. Add an additional 1/4 of the half and half and stir, the mixture will thicken. Add remaining 1/2 of half and half and stir until the soup base becomes smooth.

In a small pot add diced potatoes. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain potatoes, and reserve for soup.

Add chopped chicken breast, frozen vegetables, potatoes, and chicken base. Stir until the soup is well blended. While the soup is heating through you can cook the puff pastry.

Cut the puff pastry into sizes that best fit for your bowl. I use 3-inch by 3-inch squares. Bake puff pastry until golden brown, this will take about 15 minutes.

Thanks....a big fan of soup...never tried one of these. Weather is right for it though. Cheers!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Thought Cam and the Panthers were going to win it in the last seconds...
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Finally! Took almost 3 years, but this thread now has more views than @travisstrick 's bathtub brisket.
    Time to sink this thing. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Lit said:
    Time to sink this thing. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    ^^^^Af laaaac doesn't cover STDs kiddies! Wrap that rascal. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Let’s burn this motha down!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Please burn that horrible boiled brisket one first!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,197
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I agree.  Almost 1000 pages, lets not kill it.  This thread has been going almost long enough to get a degree, defintely an MBA.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Kill them all!  No prisoners. Of course that would diminish the content on the forum. Horse race now. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I agree.  Almost 1000 pages, lets not kill it.  This thread has been going almost long enough to get a degree, defintely an MBA.

Well dang. I was going to start a “What are you doing after the what are you doing thread got nuked” thread. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    One of the few threads I actually read.  Guess I'll need a new forum...
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Where's that creepy troll that posted graphic homo material that got the thread 86d fairly quick (but, not quick enough)?  Pretty sure he could get both threads sunk. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Brother Ozzie, ironically I still remember exactly where I was when this thread was posted. I was on this bad boy. 

Two of the largest and most powerful Anchor Handlers in the world was standing by and looming across the channel. 
    4000+ horsepower and 40+ tons of bollard pull. Impressive to say the very least. 

And congradulations on finally dethroning the long reigning king :clap:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Watching Lucy Lawless in The Code on Netflix. Intense.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Breathing 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching Lucy Lawless in The Code on Netflix. Intense.
    I really liked her in that Spartacus show blood and sand. Great performances