Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Wondering if it is to soon to use some vacation time.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Cold weather getting to you? ;)
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    jeffwit said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Getting ready to do some riding mower maintenance. Going to put this on.
    Need to check the bearings of the pulleys before I do this because I don't want to do this job again. 
    I’m afraid I need to do the same thing to mine. Dang belt keeps falling off, and it’s a royal pita to put it back on. 
    Well dang! The idler pulley is noisy and one V idler pulley is also very noisy so I had to order replacements. Going to replace both V idlers and the idler pulley when they come in, next year. :s
    Well this is just getting better and better, NOT!

I replaced two V type idler pulleys with no problem.

But to remove the fixed idler pulley I need to remove the rear fender to get to the nut at the top of the pulley. Supposed to be a 15 minute job. Will see. There goes my day but at least it isn't cold or raining here.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Surviving the mid 70s.  Its waking up on time to go work for the man that is getting to me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Surviving the mid 70s.  Its waking up on time to go work for the man that is getting to me.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1211168/new-job#latest
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1211168/new-job#latest
    Mine is self induced.  I spent 3 weeks getting on a 10am to 3am schedule.  My job requires earlier start ;)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Had to play with sticks today as it had been three weeks.  Simple and easy (my skill-set) with  a half-cocked chix and some wings.  

Wings taste test was great, chix for later.  (Outside temp 41*F).  
    Thanks for lookin'.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Looks like a fun playground Cap. Hope your neighbors appreciate the Air Sandwich you provide.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice job, @lousubcap
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Had to play with sticks today as it had been three weeks.  Simple and easy (my skill-set) with  a half-cocked chix and some wings.  

Thanks for lookin'.  
    Mouth watering grub right there! Looks great Lousubcap

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Thanks for lookin'.  
    The smell is drifting all the way over to SC. Looks like you are eating great in the New Year. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Oh I thought you meant the 1970's  I didn't as much survive as well just kind of still here.........sometimes

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    @lousubcap I would love to spend a day with you and the Lang...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @lousubcap which Lang 36 is that?   Can you take a picture of your whole unit?  Thank you, sir!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lousubcap Before it’s all said and done I’m sure I’ll have to have a stick burner. They can’t be beaten for some applications. Yes, they’re work - but that’s part of the fun. I hope you are staying well hydrated through the process. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @lousubcap Before it’s all said and done I’m sure I’ll have to have a stick burner. They can’t be beaten for some applications. Yes, they’re work - but that’s part of the fun. I hope you are staying well hydrated through the process. 
    Indeed.  Hydration is essential to maintaining a healthy turgor pressure, especially critical when handling sticks.
    Options
    Laughing at this 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Laughing at this 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @nolaegghead ,  gotta enjoy turgor and it's cousin, turgid pressure.  You never know when you may get lucky.  Of course, that tends to deflate all the hard work to build it up.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @nolaegghead Explain the truffle part. I’m assuming you’re talking about truffle oil? How did you use it?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Threw some oil in the rue and some butter to finish when I tossed the pasta and the surimi.
    Options
    It was quick and delicious.
    Options
    Crab and truffle mac and gouda...
    Dayum
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SciAggie- Given your skill-set and your outdoor kitchen you likely will need a new internal driver to acquire a stick burner as I got there by being attracted to learning how to mange a wood fired smoker for years.  You are well clear of that incentive. As you well know, they need care and feeding almost continuously-I knew that going in. Playing with a full-up stick burner was my one last Q challenge.  And I would not have wanted to wonder about it.  I would definitely encourage anyone who wants to go in a new direction to give one a go, but I appreciate the commitment going in.  Yes, it is effort, but well worth it.
    However, any time I need to deliver some serious protein (brisket or butt) in the early PM the BGE wins every time.  All night stick feeding is not gonna happen.  FWIW-

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I hid a box of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups from the kids.  One of two things happened:

A ) The kids found them and ate them all.

B )  I forgot where I hid them.

Either case I am totally bummed and Jonesing for some peanut butter cups.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    We keep a supply in the public space.  Always. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I hid a box of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups from the kids.  One of two things happened:

A ) The kids found them and ate them all.

B )  I forgot where I hid them.

Either case I am totally bummed and Jonesing for some peanut butter cups.
    Maybe you could go and buy more.