Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Legume said:

Well, this wasn't a bad find last night.  This was the smallest pack they had, and there were probably 8 packs.  Not my regular HEB, but I think it may be from now on.
    Great eats coming your way.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Watching baseball, garage drankin. Mid 80s ONLY 60% humidity. It's almost nice out here. 
    Living the dream.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Pork tenderloins are standing at attention, if you catch my drift:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Bangers-n-Mash, 'cept it's too hot for mashed potatoes so I'm having Bangers-n-Ice-Cold Gazpacho.  Yum!    

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Mine is burning a lot less fuel  ;)
    I do not have to pay at all.... I am lucky
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Mine is burning a lot less fuel  ;)
    I do not have to pay at all.... I am lucky
    Understatement of the year 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Tubro ribs from Aldi.  We really liked them.  That is all

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    It has begun.
    "Gasoline is Good" - Gottlieb Daimler
    Options
    Wondering how I ended up back here this evening 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Glad I saved my eclipse glasses.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Botch said:
    They won't help you here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    hapster said:
    Wondering how I ended up back here this evening 
    Making poor decisions separates us from from organisms that are incapable of making decisions.
    Options
    Botch said:
    Probably gonna need them
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    hapster said:
    Botch said:
    Probably gonna need them
    They won't help you here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Had some fun playing in the hearth - getting to know it - learning how to get along. I made some clay pot rice. I added some sauted mushrooms. Cooked some chicken tenders. It's fun to play with fire. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    It has begun.
    "Gasoline is Good" - Gottlieb Daimler
    That is from the Dogwood tree I had to bring down in my front yard. Anybody know how it works for smoking wood? Smells a little sweet.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Love that hearth @SciAggie and that vertical rack is pretty cool.  Are you thinking about adding a rotisserie or vertical rotisserie there?  Mmm, gyros and pastor.
  • SciAggie
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    Love that hearth @SciAggie and that vertical rack is pretty cool.  Are you thinking about adding a rotisserie or vertical rotisserie there?  Mmm, gyros and pastor.
    Yes, I just have to work it out. The first cool spell I want to hang a leg of lamb by a string and roast it vertically. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @Legume, beautiful meteorite!  I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • YukonRon
    Options
    da87 said:
    How did yours turn out?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    da87 said:
    How did yours turn out?
    It was great.  Had the kids over, they demolished quite a bit of it and my wife made some beans in the instant pot with a ton of hatch chilis that were really good.  I have a few lbs left that I'll either chop or freeze.  Funny enough, after rock solid overnight temps, the fire snuffed on me during the day - took forever to get it back and manage it.  My fault, cleaning up ahead of the storm I just dumped what was left in a bag of lump in the egg rather than put the bag up and it was waaay overfilled..  Never cleaned it out and it eventually clogged.  Never had that happen in the XL before, oh well.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Legume How's the weather? Stay safe. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Legume
    Options
       SciAggie said:
    @Legume How's the weather? Stay safe. 
    Thanks.  Wind and rain, repeat. We're closing in on 8" here and lost a fence section last night to the wind, but it's not bad, it's an old fence and I'm sure it's a little soft.  We're on a slope and on the west side of town, not as at risk as others.
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @YukonRon, thanks for asking!  Flavor was amazing but the bark lost most of its texture and a piece stuck to the BP.  Point was (leftovers still are) absolutely amazing - SRF really made a difference there and in the moistness of the flat.  I failed on the sliced pictures as we were plating for 8 (and I had a little bit of wine onboard...) but here's just before slicing.
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • YukonRon
    Options
    da87 said:
    @YukonRon, thanks for asking!  Flavor was amazing but the bark lost most of its texture and a piece stuck to the BP.  Point was (leftovers still are) absolutely amazing - SRF really made a difference there and in the moistness of the flat.  I failed on the sliced pictures as we were plating for 8 (and I had a little bit of wine onboard...) but here's just before slicing.
    Looks amazing. Congrats on the cook. It is hard to beat SRF. I made chili with the left overs, it was awesome.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @da87 - Way to go.  Definitely captured the moisture.  Surprised at the bark if you avoided the carryover cooking when coming off the BGE.
    How long did you FTC and what method process did you use?  (From a prior pic looks like the SRF cooler was the vessel of choice.)  
    BTW, I can appreciate the slightly over-served feeling.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Took the youngest (7) shopping for new shoes for school.  Went to two stores, tried on about seven different kinds - nope!  She hates them all.  FML.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike