Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,070
    Options
    SGH said:
    Giving a talk on dynamic fragmentation at Los Alamos on Tuesday.
    That's awesome. I can swing bye and give a lecture on anus if y'all like =)
    Anus is actually a pretty interesting system, capable of sustaining very large stretches (> 100%) over and over again, in rapid tension, without incurring any damage.  It's basically made from a nearly incompressible neo-Hookean hyperelastic material.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just sliced the roast beef from last night.  All ready for sandwiches in the woods this weekend.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    SGH said:
    Anus is actually a pretty interesting system, capable of sustaining very large stretches (> 100%) over and over again, in rapid tension, without incurring any damage.  It's basically made from a nearly incompressible neo-Hookean hyperelastic material.
    And can tell the difference between liquid, solid and gas. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just threw on a couple of yardbirds. (Not my birds to be clear!)

But they are watching!

That is what i would always threaten.  You stop layin' and you are next!  Trouble was. . . with 45 layers, i couldn't tell who was producing.  I like your roosting areas in the pen.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,546
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - the older you get the less discriminatory the ol anus seems to be.  Getting tired of the same ol sh!t I guess.
    @JohnInCarolina - You working with the glow-in-the-dark weapons staff while there??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @theyolksonyou - the older you get the less discriminatory the ol anus seems to be.  Getting tired of the same ol sh!t I guess.
    @JohnInCarolina - You working with the glow-in-the-dark weapons staff while there??  
    Both Sandia and Los Alamos are NW labs, yeah.  
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Watching La La Land with the wife 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,546
    Options
    Definitely missed the NW meaning.  Been gone too long I guess.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    The movie really grabbed and kept your attention huh? (Posting on here at the same time.) Same with us. We each fell asleep in the theater. We just do not see how it got all the great reviews it did. We did not think there was anything special about it at all.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,213
    Options
    Headed to ABQ for the week.  I'll be visiting Sandia and Los Alamos.   Giving a talk on dynamic fragmentation at Los Alamos on Tuesday.
    Dynamic fragments are much more interesting than static fragments, except when you look at infinitesimally small time segments.  Then they are the same.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    johnnyp said:
    The movie really grabbed and kept your attention huh? (Posting on here at the same time.) Same with us. We each fell asleep in the theater. We just do not see how it got all the great reviews it did. We did not think there was anything special about it at all.
    Its a big all self congratulatory hug (circle jerk) to Hollywood.  That is why it got the reviews it did.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Headed to ABQ for the week.  I'll be visiting Sandia and Los Alamos.   Giving a talk on dynamic fragmentation at Los Alamos on Tuesday.
    Dynamic fragments are much more interesting than static fragments, except when you look at infinitesimally small time segments.  Then they are the same.
    So what you're saying is, at near static time frames, the static and dynamic fragments are nearly the same?  Brilliant!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    So what you're saying is, at near static time frames, the static and dynamic fragments are nearly the same?  Brilliant!

I think we know who should be giving the talk now.  Even you understood!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,639
    Options

So is that like how a photograph is the same as a movie when you hit pause?  I like movies, unless they're musicals.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Legume said:

So is that like how a photograph is the same as a movie when you hit pause?  I like movies, unless they're musicals.
    We keep breaking this down, John will be unemployed. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,545
    Options
    Jealous.  Was stationed at KAFB for 5 years and worked a lot with Sandia, a couple visits to Alamos (a few more visits to their "private" ski area).  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,545
    Options
    SGH said:
    And can tell the difference between liquid, solid and gas. 
    Just wait until the AARP starts sending you Invites....    :s

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    We don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way! Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    We don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way! Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    So, how's the new job at granola.com? 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    So, how's the new job at granola.com? 
    Going great, it's the opposite of that. Watching Office Space and that line made me LMAO. My former job was just about like that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:

If you hit rewind its like photograph from the future.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just got done changing the low beam in a 2012 Acadia.  Two choices, remove front clip or wheel and entire inner lining.  Nice design GM.

Bought LEDs, but after trying one I did not like it.  At least I didn't do both.  Should have just replaced burned out bulb with same and been done.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Spatchcock chicken and sausages. Started indirect then direct to finish.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,374
    Options
    Listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast with Thaddeus Russel. Some interesting views listening to this. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Mondays suck. That is all. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just found out that Surly beers are coming "Downstate" to Radicle Effect in Rock Island tomorrow!

This will be trouble.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Mondays suck. That is all. 
    Couldn't agree more @Jeremiah especially the first Monday after a vacation.  I don't want to do a damn thing, Except take a nap of course.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished eating at my favorite restaurant in Pensacola .. "The Fish House "

blackened fresh cobia , cheese grits and hush puppies mmmm

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    Focker said:
    Just found out that Surly beers are coming "Downstate" to Radicle Effect in Rock Island tomorrow!

This will be trouble.
    Yes it will!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota