Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    ^^^ Agreed; John, I'd be interested in knowing how those are made, those are killer!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^ Agreed; John, I'd be interested in knowing how those are made, those are killer!  
    Pretty easy!  Here's the recipe I followed:

http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/bacon-wrapped-potato-roses

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Were any kids disappointed to find math problems inside?   :smile:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Were any kids disappointed to find math problems inside?   :smile:
    Haha!  No.  
  • kl8ton
    Options
    My parents could not figure out where they hid all the eggs for my kids.  The eggs had letters in them that spelled out their prize.  Good fun.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    You guys enjoy it while you can. First year both of mine were too old to want to hunt eggs. When they were young, we hid eggs for months. Inside and out. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

travel size liquor bottles...lol

Nice looking bird @WeberWho

Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    No pics Easter dinnner.  Two racks of lamb cut into double chops.  Marinated 24 hours in EVP, balsamic, crap-ton of fresh rosemary and garlic, salt, black pepper, glug of soy sauce.  Reverse seared to med-rare, very tender.

Also some evoo and salt roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted carrots coated in butter and hot honey and peas with butter and...mint jelly.  Damn fine dinner, laziest Easter ever.  All the kids were here, nice time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Right now I'm spending Easter at Chevron. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    blasting said:

Thank you to all the posters talking about sous vide tri-tip.  Not sure why I hadn't done it this way yet, but it is the default from now on.  Most tender tri-tip I've ever eaten.  It went 16 hours @ 130.  Then an all out seer.  

People around where I live are clueless when it comes to Tri tip. It seldom shows up at any of the stores, and the local butchers do not know how to cut it, or have never heard of it. Crazy for a state that is 7th in beef production, nationally. My rant is done. Sorry for bitjing.
    That is a beautiful cook, and I know it is very tasty as well. @blasting you are a SV TriTip genious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Right now I'm spending Easter at Chevron. 
    That is rough.  Just know that your friends in NC are thinking about you buddy!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Sitting in front of the SSA office to get a10 year work history report for a potential new employer. Showed up an hour before they opened the doors in hopes of it being a quick trip. Pull in the parking lot to find the line is already 45 deep.

FML. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    Options
    Sitting in front of the SSA office to get a10 year work history report for a potential new employer. Showed up an hour before they opened the doors in hopes of it being a quick trip. Pull in the parking lot to find the line is already 45 deep.

FML. 
    I had the same experience.  I didn't even know where our SSA office was until we adopted two kids.  I then had to go and file some SSN paperwork.  FML is right.

I am dreading my return trip to SSA.  I have to get their SSNs changed because their birth mom keeps claiming them as dependents on her taxes.  Even though I file pretty quickly, she always files before me.  When my accountant goes to eFile my taxes, the IRS rejects them because "someone else" has claimed them as dependents!  I then have to mail my taxes in.

Back to everyone waiting in line there. . . what are they all doing there?  I don't get it.   
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Options
    It would be my speculation that they are filling for benefits. Just a guess. 
     I would  much rather do this online, however, being a super efficient governmental office they don't offer many services online. 

In other news, there is a homeless man that has decided we need to talk about the implications of one group of Indians that infringe on another groups land. All while staring at a massive pile of human feces on the building window. 

I love the city. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    @Battleborn - Having completed enough laps of the sun, I am in receipt of ss.  I did the whole thing on-line.  I had a question so placed a call.  When the call was answered robo-voice gave me the wait time and the option to get a call-back when you make it to the front of the queue.  I decided to test it out.  The return call came around 10 minutes ahead of the advertised hold time and all was sorted out.
    Should I have any further dealings with them I will use the return call feature.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    @lousubcap they do offer a few things online, just not what I need, when I need it.  I try my very best to never have to go anywhere if I can accomplish what I need online. Just one of those times I need to suck it up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Marinated chicken breasts sirloin kabobs dinner and next two days lunch 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Back to North Cackalack from Ohio.  Feels good to be home. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    lawn over-seeded and fertilized.  In 6 weeks I hope to have more grass than weeds.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    This S is funny...

https://youtu.be/0W_SouQKOs8
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Gordon's good $hit. Insults sound better (funnier) in a English accent 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Gordon's good $hit. Insults sound better (funnier) in a English accent 
    He works in the US because we all think he's a w****r.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Early morning flight up to D.C.  Spring ASCAC meeting today and all day tomorrow.