Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,725
    edited September 2016
    The wifey just informed me that we have walked 38 miles in the last five days on vacation.  :o
    She get that off of the iPhone? I have to challenge the accuracy of that thing myself.....not calling here a liar understand. Hopefully she has a better tracker than that thing. Regardless....it sounds like you guys walked a butt load.
    No she wears a fit bit that has been calibrated. 

I normally lose about 10 pounds on vacation. We are pretty active when traveling. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    The wifey just informed me that we have walked 38 miles in the last five days on vacation.  :o
    She get that off of the iPhone? I have to challenge the accuracy of that thing myself.....not calling here a liar understand. Hopefully she has a better tracker than that thing. Regardless....it sounds like you guys walked a butt load.

I normally lose about 10 pounds on vacation. We are pretty active when traveling. 
    What  you need is some good Que and a couch....will fix that weight loss problem right quick.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • The wifey just informed me that we have walked 38 miles in the last five days on vacation.  :o

I normally lose about 10 pounds on vacation. We are pretty active when traveling

I try, but my wife isn't that willing.  :o
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,026
    Had my first plate of poutine.  
    I will be having more before the end of the week.  
    :triumph:

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• The wifey just informed me that we have walked 38 miles in the last five days on vacation.  :o

I normally lose about 10 pounds on vacation. We are pretty active when traveling

I try, but my wife isn't that willing.  :o
    Rub it in pal. My wife has too many headaches when on vacation.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Struggles are out there playas!

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Making a giant French toast. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Making some butt nuggets. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    Making some butt nuggets. 
    Ok, I'll ask, what are butt nuggets? I'm going to venture a guess they are breaded pork butt chunks you will deep fry, but that's an assumption on my part.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    Ok, I'll ask, what are butt nuggets? I'm going to venture a guess they are breaded pork butt chunks you will deep fry, but that's an assumption on my part.
    As usual, you are right on the money brother D. Deep fried chunks of Boston butt. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    As usual, you are right on the money brother D. Deep fried chunks of Boston butt. 
    OK, I'm intrigued. About what size chunks are right for butt nuggets? Like chicken strips? I'm wanting to throw a party this fall where everything comes out of the fryer, this just might make the menu. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    Had some guests/neighbors over for bacon cheeseburgers tonight.  

• northGAcock
    edited September 2016
    Dyal_SC said:

Ahhhh, well past the tired phase I see. =) Very nice my friend!

• Dyal_SC said:

Ahhhh, well past the tired phase I see. =)
    He won't leave the house for days. Bad guys running amok thru out the state. Pandelirrium
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Well I can see y'all weren't invited either. He must have been to tired to make it that far down his list of contacts to invite us. But then we are ****. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Y'all are always welcome over @northGAcock, @theyolksonyou and @Jeremiah.  ;) And I am feeling great after the bacon cheeseburger nourishment. No tired bone in my body.  =)  For real though, I'll text y'all soon to figure out a time for y'all to come over to see the new place... Also maybe a fishin trip. 
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    OK, I'm intrigued. About what size chunks are right for butt nuggets? Like chicken strips? I'm wanting to throw a party this fall where everything comes out of the fryer, this just might make the menu. 
    I cut mine between 3/4-1" thick. The length don't matter at all. It's the thickness that determines how they fry. But for reference, these stared out raw at 1" thick and 4" long. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Jeremiah said:
    Butt nuggets. Yeah um not so sure that name will catch on...
    I agree. It's not near as catchy as imitation calimari  ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Easy fella. That's the bacon talking. Go get a good nights sleep and see how you feel tomorrow.  =)
  • northGAcock
    Dyal_SC said:

He won't leave the house for days. Bad guys running amok thru out the state. Pandelirrium
    I don't recall any heads up that you were making bacon burgers tonight. First I hear about it you are posting and feeding the neighbors. I might have actually been in the neiborhood.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC said:

I don't recall any heads up that you were making bacon burgers tonight. First I hear about it you are posting and feeding the neighbors. I might have actually been in the neiborhood.
    My neighbors are good people.  I'll hafta feel them out first before exposing them to my crazy, wild hippy friends in tie dye shirts.   ;)
  • Jeremiah
    For the record, my lowly neighbors didn't need vetted, before introducing my tie dyed friends.  B)
  • Dyal_SC
    Jeremiah said:
    For the record, my lowly neighbors didn't need vetted, before introducing my tie dyed friends.  B)
    Lol. That's true. I apologize for the lack of an invitation, fellas.  I'll do better next time. ;) 
  • Hell, y'all have to import class from four hours away.  B)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,026
    Struggles are out there playas!

Correction:  She meant to cut off his penis.  Instead she stabbed him in both thighs.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• SGH
    I would have shot that goggle eyed ****.  

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,725
    Wandering around Kraków after eating another delicious meal recommended by @YukonRon

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • northGAcock
    Dyal_SC said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Lol. That's true. I apologize for the lack of an invitation, fellas.  I'll do better next time. ;) 
    @Dyal_SC  I am unable to come tonight just in case you were going to invite me. Daughter passing through town....(my proactive invite decline).