Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    Scratching my nuts
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Made some cookies on the medium ..

That's a cookie pie! I love it. Gotta bake/egg me some cookies. Desserts are on my horizon :)  
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jameson19
    Options

Drinking homemade saison waiting for the chicken and lamb racks to finish in the egg
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    @Jameson19 is having inner peace, love it! Hope it turns out well for ya bro!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jameson19
    Options
    @Hans61 for sure! At this point I don't care how long the chicken takes to temp up 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,170
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Watching our new pets forage through the woods. 

Good thing you have a fence....they are eyeing your garden. I got deer that walk right up to my front door step and chow on my potted plants.....then hunting season is just around the corner.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,339
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @DoubleEgger if you don't mind me asking what was the reason for the trip?
    Just vacationing with the wifey. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Had a great dinner with three types of steak at Bílá Kráva tonight. Thanks for the recommendation @YukonRon

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    Scratching my nuts
    Is it a brisk scratch or a pinch and roll? 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Had a great dinner with three types of steak at Bílá Kráva tonight. Thanks for the recommendation @YukonRon

Nice Michael!  I've been away. That looks special my friend!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,404
    Options
  • northGAcock
    Options

Dude....you are killin it!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bank of America is a joke!  

1.5 hrs later they find out I wasn't lying... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,373
    Options

To be honest.  I've seen you post.  I wouldn't have believed you either.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

To be honest.  I've seen you post.  I wouldn't have believed you either.
    You should see his sleeveless leather hoodie. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Kind of going against the grain with the butt cooker "Black Betty".

FB 200 is staying in, haven't had the chance to make a rain guard, significant rains, and scheduled to pick up a truckload of cherry at 0800, so light time was backed off until now so I have plenty of time to finish.  No worries with the WSM at this time of year.  Standard K, black cherry for smoke.

The gals at work were requesting "Good Vybz" Q on Saturday for a potluck. Schnuck's sale was a no brainer.

Called the 'Nam Vets tonight I am assigned for the Honor Flight.  Lost my uncle to cancer last month who was originally slated, and HF gave me 2 plus my dad's good buddy after his passing which I gladly accepted..a typical day at the office.  

2 retired Fireman, and 2 retired John Deere employees....wish us luck.   :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Working on building a set of matching arrows for this upcoming season
  • Focker
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Working on building a set of matching arrows for this upcoming season
    Very nice!  Got any pics of your longbow or recurve?

Would love to get into this at some point.  Probably when I can no longer draw 65lbs repetitively and enjoyably, which isn't too far off.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,640
    Options
    I guess I won't be posting on this forum for the rest of the week.  I went thru 3 back pages, and the pics are still not loaded, only about 1/4" in each post.  I thought all you liberal countries (I'm in Canadia right now) had fast intranetz!?!

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Focker bow is an "Ivory Hunter" made by a friend of a friend when I used to live out west. He did an awesome job even offered to buy it back once done

60#@ 27"

• Focker
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Focker bow is an "Ivory Hunter" made by a friend of a friend when I used to live out west. He did an awesome job even offered to buy it back once done

60#@ 27"

Yes he did.  She's a beaut, really cool.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,457
    Options
    just read thru travis brisket thread.  It could be made into its own category on the forum.  We have OT, BGE, Weight Loss, Travis Brisket, beef, chicken . . . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,710
    Options
    Everything old is new again.  I'm reading up on a new (old) perspective on que, kind of long, but interesting, here.  Probably not suitable for those dishwasher smokers or PBC or WSM, but should work on an egg or an offset.
    Not a felon
  • Focker
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Picked up some Clinton Co. wild cherry in the river woods of Camanche, nice 30 min morning drive with a cup of joe on the IA side of the Mississippi.  

The Volrath guys don't Fock around, a very impressive operation. This was an incredible find, great guys.  They wanted to keep stacking, I had to politely shut it down for 60 bucks.  Glad I replaced those shocks.

Will have the endentured slave(boy), help stack.  

This will be next year's KBQ fuel.  Makes you work, and look at things a little differently.  

Much of the hard part is done.  May have to cut the pieces in half with my Dewalt sawzall, saving the dust on milled plastic for cold smoking.  

Rolled in to this...

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited September 2016
    Options
    2 5 gal buckets, and many trips later, done staging.  This KBQ has got more footprint in the yard than a PCC Meat Monster.  Still much cheaper though.  =)
    Son got out of this one, but he'll help dad cut.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Just got back from Austin.  About to watch the replay of the one of the best games I have witnessed in person.  Great way to start the season.  Our tail gate happened to have a rainbow end right over it.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just decided to make pizza for dinner.  Gonna get things rolling. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    The wifey just informed me that we have walked 38 miles in the last five days on vacation.  :o
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Just got back from Austin.  About to watch the replay of the one of the best games I have witnessed in person.  Great way to start the season.  Our tail gate happened to have a rainbow end right over it.  
    I have to say it was the game of the weekend. I am a fan of Charlie Strong. He spent a few years here at South Carolina under Lou Holtz as our defensive coordinator. I think he is a good man and will do you well if you guys don't run him out of town. I would guess this past weekend might have helped his case a bit.

• northGAcock
    Options
    The wifey just informed me that we have walked 38 miles in the last five days on vacation.  :o
    She get that off of the iPhone? I have to challenge the accuracy of that thing myself.....not calling here a liar understand. Hopefully she has a better tracker than that thing. Regardless....it sounds like you guys walked a butt load.