Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,221
    edited November 2020
    Options
    SGH said:
    Still out of power. 
    Go stay at my house in Saucier. There is no one there. My wife is at the D’Iberville house and I am at the Hurley house. Power is on. You know how to get there. The key is in the low hanging birdhouse straight behind my big John Deere. There might be a turd or two in the bedroom toilet. Other than that it’s good to go. 
    I am better trained than that.  I flushed before I left.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    SGH said:
    Still out of power. 
    Go stay at my house in Saucier. There is no one there. My wife is at the D’Iberville house and I am at the Hurley house. Power is on. You know how to get there. The key is in the low hanging birdhouse straight behind my big John Deere. There might be a turd or two in the bedroom toilet. Other than that it’s good to go. 
    I have been trying to train my stupid wife for 33 years. I finally just gave up. She is untrainable. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,221
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Still out of power. 
    I have been trying to train my stupid wife for 33 years. I finally just gave up. She is untrainable. 
    Pick your battles my friend.  As long as the floater is in the shitter, call it a win.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,375
    Options
    SGH said:
    With the limited Halloween events this year, old Paw Paw fixed his favorite granddaughter up. I bought her a mini pumpkin and let her carve it. Got her a ton of candy too.  

Didn't take you as a cheap a$$ with all this talk of your multiple houses and JD fleet. Kinda skimpy on the candy for the kid.
    Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Power back on!  Thanks @sgh but we were fine with our generator. 
    My home is yours anytime my friend. Of course you will have to shower and get a haircut before entering  ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,901
    Options
    SGH said:
    My home is yours anytime my friend. Of course you will have to shower and get a haircut before entering  ;)
    What, no shave required??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    SGH said:
    What, no shave required??
    That goes without saying. I make everyone shave before entering. Even my 6 year old granddaughter. 

Status- Standing by.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dinner didn't suck.
    But you do  ;)
    I am the worst nightmare for this forum that the world has ever seen....  B)
    I don't know about that, you've got some strong competition. It could go either way depending on the day and subject at hand. :)
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Quick Thai chicken and shrimp with coconut lime rice on the finest of china.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options

Lentil, tofu, veg curry with some fennel focaccia.  I didn’t do well in geography.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    SGH said:
    With the limited Halloween events this year, old Paw Paw fixed his favorite granddaughter up. I bought her a mini pumpkin and let her carve it. Got her a ton of candy too.  

:lol: just saw something today that said parents buy Skittles when they're expecting a lot of trick-or-treaters, and Snickers when they aren't.   ;)

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    Reading Cook's Illustrated and they had two recipes for coconut rice, one from Thailand and one from Colombia; you've pushed me into trying one/both this week.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,050
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Botch said:
    Reading Cook's Illustrated and they had two recipes for coconut rice, one from Thailand and one from Colombia; you've pushed me into trying one/both this week.  
    The wife did the rice. Some combination of coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro and salt. It was really good.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,809
    Options
    Done. Started and finished late, for lunch tomorrow. Thanks @lkapigian for walking me through the cook. 

That's a Beauty !!cheek meat for the win !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    @SGH you have more houses that I have Ron's gaskets in my house. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @SGH you have more houses that I have Ron's gaskets in my house. 
    They are part of my retirement plan 👍

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    To be honest they are my only retirement plan. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited November 2020
    Options
    In about 5 more years I will sell them and downsize considerably. If things go well I think I can turn a decent profit on them. If not, I took a shot and lost.  

Status- Standing by.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,612
    edited November 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Done. Started and finished late, for lunch tomorrow. Thanks @lkapigian for walking me through the cook. 

That's a Beauty !!cheek meat for the win !!
    The right cheek is puffier with rendered skin, the left cheek is smaller and skin seems tigher like the forehead skin. I may remove the tough skin and broil in oven. Learning a lot with this cook, thanks again my friend.

Edit: just unwrapped, actually the other cheek seems just as nice

canuckland
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    When you downgrade expectations, you can retire much earlier.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Played Pandemic during a pandemic.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,751
    edited November 2020
    Options
    That looks tremendous, @gonepostal!
    Stillwater, MN
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I’m pissed off because I pay $1,000 a year so I don’t have to see a friggin bass boat in someone’s front yard. If someone wants to park their boat in their front yard go move to the country not a residential neighborhood in town. I both despise and appreciate HOAs. They keep this kinda crap in check but I hate the idea that in order to put a different front door on my house I gotta get approval. To me there is a big difference between those two scenarios.

I can maybe understand if this was a nice neighborhood, but based on your neighbor's pic this just looks like every other middle-class cookie cutter tract housing subdivision in the US.  There's nothing worse than an uppity man of middle income. 

I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    have not cut the grass in maybe 15 years, yes theres 2 boats in the yard, two unregistered trucks in the driveway, an unregistered dog in the house, the house next door has been taken over by raccoons, and karen has moved away =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it