Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    PW change here also,  I must run with all the kewl kids.   A couple of beef ribs smoked on top of some taters, carrots, onion and garlic.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I’m back! I’ve been in password purgatory since last night...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Gary Danielson is college football’s Joe Buck.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,616
    SciAggie said:
    I'm glad the great password debacle of 2019 didn't happen during the Barbacoa cook! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SciAggie said:
    It looks like they also purged some of the older troll accounts. One of mine says “user not found” when I tried to log into it after the big password debacle yesterday. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    SciAggie said:
    It looks like they also purged some of the older troll accounts. One of mine says “user not found” when I tried to log into it after the big password debacle yesterday. 
    "One of" yours?  How many do you have?

And which one of them was sacrificed?   Please not WesJohnson. 
    sound it out yaidjit
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    Very nice @SciAggie !  So what’s the word on that stuffed pumpkin?  Need details... beautiful!
  • SciAggie
    Dyal_SC said:
    Very nice @SciAggie !  So what’s the word on that stuffed pumpkin?  Need details... beautiful!
    The stuffed pumpkin is a hoot. I followed this recipe:
    https://tiphero.com/roasted-stuffed-pumpkin/amp

I thought it was an entertaining presentation. It certainly was easy to make. The flavor was good as well. I think you could probably use whatever recipe you want for the filling. 
    I missed having browned bits of stuffing like you might get if you made it in a pan, but other than that I really enjoyed it. I’ll do it again. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    TN_Egger said:
    Very cool - thanks for sharing.  Now...my son is serving on the Ford.  Can you maybe get that boat sorted out?
    Man, that’s a whole other can of worms.  Luckily, not my shipyard.  We shouldn’t see the Ford for a few years. 

What does your son do? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    @CPFC1905- my approach to the big 50 many years ago:  When you hit 40 you can honestly think that more than half of your life is in front of you.  Flush that thought once you hit the big 50.  BTW-congrats on the successful completion of another lap of the sun.  Same time next year   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    SGH said:
    Fixing to put the whole bottle in my homemade soup. 

Grabbed a jar of that last time I was at the grocery based on your recommendation from the favorite hot sauce thread. Been putting it on just about everything since! Thanks!! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH said:

Grabbed a jar of that last time I was at the grocery based on your recommendation from the favorite hot sauce thread. Been putting it on just about everything since! Thanks!! 
    Glad that you like it. It is my new favorite. Try it on popcorn and if y’all have them in your area Munchos potato chips 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,726
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

Glad that you like it. It is my new favorite. Try it on popcorn and if y’all have them in your area Munchos potato chips 👍
    Does it make a good aftershave? Asking for a friend. 
  • SGH
    Does it make a good aftershave? Asking for a friend. 
    🤣

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Fixing to sneak in a quick mid evening shave and try out an Old Spice that I picked up south of the border. 

I been dying to try it out 👍

Status- Standing by.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

Love it on peanuts too. Lays chips, a few peanuts and valentinas, with twelve beers. Mmm. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,027
    Ceramic-coated the car today.  Turtle Wax just came out with a spray solution that was much easier to apply than paste wax, and does indeed include SiO2 in the ingredients.  She purty!  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Just saw @nolaegghead Saint's BEATDOWN the Bucs.  I think this was the same team (Saints) that got beatdown by the Falcons last Sunday. 

I worked the crew that held the 30 yard by yard American flag during the National Anthem.  It is a great honor every time I get to do that.  Plus, it gets me into the game for free.  I'm glad I didn't pay for that pitiful performance by the Bucs.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    Dyal_SC said:
    Buttered and toasted baguette with horsey mayo, brisket point and spicy pickled onions.

That’s some goodness right there...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Dyal_SC said:
    Buttered and toasted baguette with horsey mayo, brisket point and spicy pickled onions.

That was a delicious bite.  I know it was. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.