Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,513
    Options
    @smokingal Truth here- my initial thoughts did have the A-5 in the background but I thought you may have decided to take a page from "Animal House".  'My advice to you is start drinking heavily" (first pic referring to the Everclear) for reasons unknown =)
    Tough to get the intent across here sometimes. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @lousubcap Ah!  Well, at the risk of prepping myself up for some teasing, I have not seen that movie, so that inference was totally lost on me.   :)
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    BBQ for church picnic went well.  20 lbs of PP and another 10 of beef tenderloin, all gone.  Now it's time for me to hit the bourbon.
    Really nice job helping a church!  Peace be with you.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very cool!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I was up in northern Minnesota this weekend. This is the very start of the Mississippi River. Lake Itasca in the background. 

Here it is coming through Vicksburg, MS. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,231
    Options
    Love it there @WeberWho. Enjoy. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,370
    Options
    Just finished portioning, flash freezing and vac sealing Costco packs of ground beef, tri-tip, pork chops and salmon. That is enough for the day.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    Options
    smokingal said:
    Getting started with this project.  Just a few shots to show everyone how the other side (rib) of this Japanese A5 brisket looks.

No doubt this project will have many impressive and documented outcomes as the whole thing unfolds. All of which will be incredible on their own.  Can't wait to see this evolve.   Just be mindful of how you use the Everclear!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    No doubt this project will have many impressive and documented outcomes as the whole thing unfolds. All of which will be incredible on their own.  Can't wait to see this evolve.   Just be mindful of how you use the Everclear!  B)
    I'm just using it to sterilize anything I use to handle the brisket.  If I was planning on imparting flavor, I would have went with an ultra-fine whisky or bourbon, not something that is basically food-safe rubbing alcohol.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,522
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I was up in northern Minnesota this weekend. This is the very start of the Mississippi River. Lake Itasca in the background. 

Beautiful area, but how were the mosquitoes?  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

Beautiful area, but how were the mosquitoes?  
    No skeeters that I noticed. It was also during the day. The evening might have been a different story. The nats are out in full force here in the Twin Cities 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,103
    Options
     =) 
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @smokingirl you need to stop cooking long enough to watch Animal House. It is required watchin. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    Options
    Korean short ribs and kabobs tonight:

Cesar Hernandez approves👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

https://www.tesla.com/roadster
    0 to 60 in under two seconds is absolutely insane.  
    It's only 0 to 60 in 2.1 seconds now. Slow piece of crap...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    My wife found some hanger steak too
  • SGH
    Options
    coquille st jacques
    That’s some mighty jumbled up words there my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @gonepostal - Great finish/money shot right there.  Nailed the cook.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Nice work @gonepostal
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @gonepostal hanger steak for the win. One of if not the best steak on the cow in my opinion. Looks like you nailed it perfectly. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2019
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

If ole Elon has done his homework you won't even hear the tires chirp. Rumor has it MB has a 200 mph electric SLR 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,231
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

If ole Elon has done his homework you won't even hear the tires chirp. Rumor has it MB has a 200 mph electric SLR 
    I just don’t get the point of a 200mph car. At least you can drive a boat as fast as you want.